Falcons staying up

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Falcons staying up

Post by rocktop51 »

Looks like we'll be seeing Deano next season. London Welsh's ground doesn't make the grade

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18175903
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Falcons staying up

Post by MJ Chairman »

I wonder how Deano really feels about that.
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

All down to having the right to play on the ground when Premiership rugby dictates! Rubbish rule in my opinion as I am sure Wasps, Irish, Sarries and Sale do not have this right and thus should be relegated! RFU sort it out by lending a hand to teams who want to better themselves! I now hope Pirates win to ease the Welsh and that the cornish council agree to a stadia for the pirates to play!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

A long-running scandal that has never been resolved because there is no resolve to resolve it!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Bonkers as Sky have the call anyway for egg & roundyball.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Yes this is a total censored situation. Stoopid RFU.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

"A statement from the RFU read: "The independent auditors identified various failures, including not having Primacy of Tenure at their nominated ground. This states that a club must demonstrate that they can host home fixtures at the time stipulated by Premiership Rugby and/or the host broadcaster."

Well that is something, I didn't realise that Premiership Rugby had any say in home fixture times!!! Tigers certainly don't seem to have any say in the matter.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

An absolute disgrace. As long as they can play the games on the specified week end what is the problem :smt013
ABC Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ABC Tiger »

... And I was going to watch the match tonight.. not anymore

Seems we are no different to the Celtic League, absolutely ridiculous, RFU should be ashamed
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Premier rugby has to have some ground standards.

As an example, I cannot imaging Bedford hosting a premiership rugby match at Goldington Road. The pitch has a 20m west-to-east slope, the ground holds no more than 4500 comfortably, almost all standing and the surrounding area has little parking. Imagine if 3000 leicester fans turned up! Nothing against Bedford, I go regularly and saw 12T there three years ago, but the ground simply isn't suitable for premiership rugby.
Always a Tiger
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

physiodan wrote:.... as I am sure Wasps, Irish, Sarries and Sale do not have this right and thus should be relegated!
I think the rule came in after they moved to their current venues but I may be wrong. It was also a factor in the suggested move to the Walkers a couple of years back.
Icarus wrote: This states that a club must demonstrate that they can host home fixtures at the time stipulated by Premiership Rugby and/or the host broadcaster."

Well that is something, I didn't realise that Premiership Rugby had any say in home fixture times!!! Tigers certainly don't seem to have any say in the matter.
Always been the case with Sky televising other sports at the same time. Guess it may have also applied to the semi with ESPN covering the cup final on the same day.

Sign of the times unfortunately :smt009
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
chris4xy

Post by chris4xy »

kingol22 wrote:An absolute disgrace. As long as they can play the games on the specified week end what is the problem :smt013
Quite. There are ocassions when there is a fixture clash between Tigers and the Foxes. In these instances they take it in turns to move the fixture to a different time or day.
The Kassam stadium is still owned by Firoz Kassam. Oxford United are tenants. Mr Kassam has been trying for some time to bring Premiership Rugby to Oxford and, if my memory serves me correctly, tried to get the Not Nots to Oxford before they opted for Reading.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

[quote]As an example, I cannot imaging Bedford hosting a premiership rugby match at Goldington Road. The pitch has a 20m west-to-east slope/quote]

I reckon that should probably be 2m as 20m would make it about a 1 in 5 incline!
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

How are Sale Allowed to move to a ground where they will not have primacy of tenure from a ground that they own and i assume do? :smt017
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

this:

http://footballaway.co.uk/uk/images/sto ... 395472.JPG

or this:

http://www.sbharriers.co.uk/siteimages/ ... cs2011.jpg

Yes the stadium will meet the requirements but if you look at the Kassam, there is ample parking and a good road netowrk, Copthall, although just off the M1 doesn't have good access and not an ounce of parking in comparrison and is surrounded by fields which are primarily used for cricket and 2 other rugby clubs.