Deano!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

hooking_king

Deano!!

Post by hooking_king »

Although I know new signings don't guarantee a successful season, I would suggest that some of the signings Deano is making at Newcastle are inspired. His reputation in the game is attracting some good names to Newcastle. I for one hope that the Cornish Pirates win tonight and next Wednesday, so that Newcastle and Deano can stay up. I would much rather have Deano and the Falcons in the Premiership than another 'London' team.

I wish Deano all the best next season, just not against us (if they do stay up!)
Fritzvanheerden
Tiger Cub

Re: Deano!!

Post by Fritzvanheerden »

I agree inspired choice -
bath or Glos should have looked at him as well
If they are looking to build a dynasty of rugby.

perhaps bath those teams would have felt he was a little too leicester
for them but lets no forget. A great man, warrior or a rugby player
it would take dynamite to stop him on the pitch and led tigers to
their greatest achievements 4 titles in a row and two european cups
and there is no statue of him outside welford road.

tainted himself over the bloodgate but fell on his sword to protect others
higher up at quins.

personally I have nothing but utmost respect for deano if anyone can fix the falcons its him.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Fritzvanheerden wrote:

tainted himself over the bloodgate (Agreed) but fell on his sword to protect others
higher up at quins.
That is not my recollection. I recall that he orchestrated a "cover-up" that failed.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

The thing he also did at Quins (and COS has continued) is that he managed to put bums on seats, their crowds are now decent. Attendances are up 30-40% vs 5 years ago ....... something Saracens have singularly failed to achieve despite the success!
Always a Tiger
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Deano was and is a hero of mine. A great player. Fallible, I like that in humans.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

London Welsh have officially declared intelligible for promotion, but have pledged to appeal, so looks like you'll get your wish. Whern the time comes that Tigers need a new DOR how many would welcome Dean Richards back? In football they say "never go back" is this the same in Rugby?
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

I think the problem for Deano would be the Peters and their cronies, not the fans.
hooking_king

Post by hooking_king »

Personally, depending on how he does at Newcastle over the next few seasons, I think Deano is the man for England. Of course now he is at Newcastle, I'm sure that little weasel Rob Andrew would be happy to consider him.

I think we have many more years left of Cockers, at least I hope we do.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

A lot of water has flowed since Deano left,but there was a lot of bitterness and I doubt he would want to come back.Every one has moved on since then and I wish him well at Falcons,sure he will continue their turn around,I don't think he would fit in at Leicester now.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.