Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Alex to be arrested?!

Post by iceman_19 »

http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/s ... ?aid=11460

First I've heard of this. Could throw a major spanner in the works for Saturday's match preparations...
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Alex to be arrested?!

Post by sapajo »

I don't think so as according to the article its upto Alesana to volunteer to go to Dublin and he apparently cannot be compelled to do so.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Great timing - perhaps even moreuse if we'd been in the HC final :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Pam.B

Post by Pam.B »

Taken them long enough, considering this incident "allegedly" took place over a year ago.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

They have trouble getting him back from Japan
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Pure publicity seeking on the part of the police.

There are plenty of more serious things for them to solve in Ireland than a rugby player being harrassed by a drunken Dubliner.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I wouldn't trust the testimony of anybody picking a fight with a Tuilagi, that's as sure a sign of mental illness as can be.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Kinoulton wrote:Pure publicity seeking on the part of the police.

There are plenty of more serious things for them to solve in Ireland than a rugby player being harrassed by a drunken Dubliner.
Nowhere in the article does it mention that the Dubliner was drunk. I doubt you either witnessed the incident or have been privy to the CCTV of the incident. I also doubt that you know the individual involved and can verify that he was drunk at the time or for that matter at any time in his life.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Now Why would this hit the news this week I wonder!
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Qbec wrote:Now Why would this hit the news this week I wonder!
I doubt that the Sunday World journo, complete rag that it is, would be either aware or in the remotely bit interested in Tigers or Alex’s forthcoming game this weekend.

But if you know better please enlighten me, I love a good old 'conspiracy theory.'
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

The Police in this country get a bit of a pasting on a regular basis opportunities by our red top media but i am sure if a high profile rugby player, say a Brian O'Driscoll, came to England and got into a fight, where its alleged that he has given someone a serious injury, then he would have been arrested by now. I only used O'Driscoll as an example as he is high profile like Alex. Sorry, but a year to arrest someone for what is meant to be serious injuries is a bit of a poor show by the Irish Police. The IPCC would have torn which ever constabulary that was in charge of that investigation a new one and quite rightly so. Which makes me think...is it really that serious or are the Irish Police asking him to go over to be interviewed for a minor public order offence? Also bearing in mind the article states that the Police turned up and took peoples names down, why wasn't it dealt with at the scene? :smt013 :smt013
There is never any points for 2nd place...
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote:The Police in this country get a bit of a pasting on a regular basis opportunities by our red top media but i am sure if a high profile rugby player, say a Brian O'Driscoll, came to England and got into a fight, where its alleged that he has given someone a serious injury, then he would have been arrested by now. I only used O'Driscoll as an example as he is high profile like Alex. Sorry, but a year to arrest someone for what is meant to be serious injuries is a bit of a poor show by the Irish Police. The IPCC would have torn which ever constabulary that was in charge of that investigation a new one and quite rightly so. Which makes me think...is it really that serious or are the Irish Police asking him to go over to be interviewed for a minor public order offence? Also bearing in mind the article states that the Police turned up and took peoples names down, why wasn't it dealt with at the scene? :smt013 :smt013
Hasn't John Terry's case being put back so he can play in the European Championships?
Stones, Glasshouses ect. Save your anger for something closer to home.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

stevetelcom2000 wrote:
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote:The Police in this country get a bit of a pasting on a regular basis opportunities by our red top media but i am sure if a high profile rugby player, say a Brian O'Driscoll, came to England and got into a fight, where its alleged that he has given someone a serious injury, then he would have been arrested by now. I only used O'Driscoll as an example as he is high profile like Alex. Sorry, but a year to arrest someone for what is meant to be serious injuries is a bit of a poor show by the Irish Police. The IPCC would have torn which ever constabulary that was in charge of that investigation a new one and quite rightly so. Which makes me think...is it really that serious or are the Irish Police asking him to go over to be interviewed for a minor public order offence? Also bearing in mind the article states that the Police turned up and took peoples names down, why wasn't it dealt with at the scene? :smt013 :smt013
Hasn't John Terry's case being put back so he can play in the European Championships?

John Terry was dealt with quite soon after, not a year, so its either incompetence by the Irish Police or a bit of a hyped up story.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

stevetelcom2000 wrote:Hasn't John Terry's case being put back so he can play in the European Championships?
Yes it has been delayed, and that's a farce too, just like the length of time it's taken to come to this point in this investigation (if indeed the reporting is correct).

And I think an article about one of our club's players is about close enough to home for comment to be passed.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

John Terry was dealt with quite soon after, not a year, so its either incompetence by the Irish Police or a bit of a hyped up story.[/quote]

The Sunday World is a rag.

The Gardai, as with their counterparts in the UK are more than capable of Incompetance.

So you are more than likely correct in various degrees in both your possible assumptions.

However, Alex is no angel and I for one am not surprised at a story like this rearing it's ugly head. Unfortunately