How many Prem cups are there?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

How many Prem cups are there?

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Having watched the Prem cup on display at WR on Saturday before the match I was amazed to see Sky also had a Prem cup on display at the Stoop at the end of their game.
Are they using replica cups or is it being tele-ported?
A replica cup would explain the tackle Ben Kay did on Austin when he was running off with the cup after the ESPN Awards night. This resulted in the cup being thrown to the floor but if a replica who cares?
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Kjay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: How many Prem cups are there?

Post by Kjay »

Hi, I think that you will find that it is a new trophy each year as the are multiple different versions of the trophy on display in the Final whistle bar.. the body of the trophy remains the same but the sponsors logo changes on the oval towards the base. This is the same process with the H cup, there is a new one each year, again there are 2 on display in the Final whistle bar. Hope this Helps.
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:Having watched the Prem cup on display at WR on Saturday before the match I was amazed to see Sky also had a Prem cup on display at the Stoop at the end of their game.
Are they using replica cups or is it being tele-ported?
A replica cup would explain the tackle Ben Kay did on Austin when he was running off with the cup after the ESPN Awards night. This resulted in the cup being thrown to the floor but if a replica who cares?
Understand new one each season but we seem to have at least 2 this season!
Jez

Only Winners Win!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Bit like the wendy ballers must have had 2 trophys one at each game :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Kjay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Kjay »

Sorry misunderstood your question. Perhaps ESPN and Sky are given a trophy for promotional shots etc. As long as there's a nice shiny one for us to pick up after the final!! :smt038 :smt038
ChrisTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ChrisTiger »

Possibly each broadcaster has been issued with (or commisionned) a replica for promotional purposes.
Official Company Mushroom.
hooking_king

Post by hooking_king »

This is the same process with the H cup, there is a new one each year, again there are 2 on display in the Final whistle bar. Hope this Helps.
The H Cup trophy remains the same each year, the clubs are awarded with a replica, hence the two in the Final Whistle. I would imagine the same was the case for the Guinness trophies, and I am sure that there will be a replica of the Aviva. It means that there is one original trophy, which will be awarded on the day, but then the club will be allowed to keep a replica.