Leicester Tigers Rugby Show

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Leicester Tigers Rugby Show

Post by Soggypitch »

A good one last night I thought. IC was his usual insightful self and Simon Ward is always worth a listen.

Interesting that they were debating who should play at 10 on Saturday, Ford or 12T. Although they made the caveat - should Flood not be available - the way they were speaking gave me the impression that Flood is not expected to make it....

Bad news if true, personally I'd pick Ford and put Billy on the bench, but it's going to be a difficult decision for Cockers.
Soggypitch
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Leicester Tigers Rugby Show

Post by Rykard »

thought the same - ford starts, 12T covers 10/12/13 - no brainer for me..
cheers
Rich
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

I think it's best to prepare for bad news - Floody must start if fit, but I would probably start with Ford, although it's a tough call on Billy.

Ford showed us in the LV Cup final that he can handle a strong Northampton 1st XV, and I think he will be able to handle the Saracens team as he will have a stronger side playing around him.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Also, as was intimated on yesterday's show, the expected Saffacens back row is not the biggest so less of a physical problem for Ford down the 10 channel.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Also from a squad perspective Billy covers more backline positions than Ford so perhaps a better bench option.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

I am working on the basis that when a player has no chance of being on the pitch at the weekend Cockers tells anyone who will listen that they are fine. In the absence of such an assurance I take it that Flood and Salvi will be there (fingers crossed).
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Cocky also said that 36 wouldn't be starting at 10 for us again once he signed for Glos, stating that he didn't intend to develop players for other clubs.

I expect to see Ford start if Flood still crocked.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

voice of the crumbie wrote:Also from a squad perspective Billy covers more backline positions than Ford so perhaps a better bench option.
I personally don't get that logic - Billy can still cover 12/13 whilst starting at 10, provided Ford is on the bench.....

Having said that - I'd start Ford at 10 :smt003
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Lack of game time may go against Ford(when did he last start?) Billy was excellent on Sat! I thought Toby had a mare until injured & will surely be rested for hopefully the final!
Broadstaff

Post by Broadstaff »

Has to be Ford. He is our No 2 fly half (and very close to No 1). Billy is an occasional fly half. It would be madness to start him at 10. If the side were selected on merit, and not next season's availability, Billy would play at centre and would be a reassuring force for Ford alongside him. However, I agree that we must look to the future and, in fairness to Anthony, he has had a couple of good games and, after all, he is now an England player again. Though on the other hand it might just be that, if Toby does not play, the need for Billy's leadership and skills in midfield might overrule the long term view. Decisions, decisions, glad I don't have to make them.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

I'd also have Twelvetrees at 12 if Ford starts at 10; the pair have played well when they've played together. Though it's tough on Allen, Twelvetrees has adapted well to Ford's kicking game, appearing to like a kick chase!
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Are people seriously suggesting they'd drop the superbly in-form Allen to play Twelvetress at centre next to Ford?
In a Premiership semi-final?
Against Saracens?

Thank heavens for Cockers.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Wholeheartedly agree with you, masked squid.