Obstructive bench persons.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Northenlad

Re: Obstructive bench persons.

Post by Northenlad »

Isambard wrote:I want them banned from the in goal area during the match. They seem oblivious to the fact that people have paid about £25 to watch some rugby not a bloke doing a few pressups.
How low are your seats, or are they hand-stand press-ups?
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Old Tight Head
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Old Tight Head »

When I played my 'warm up' consisted of a spray can of Ralgex...
Cut me and I bleed red, green and white...
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Applied where or sniffed?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Isambard wrote:Indeed. It seems crazy and daft at the moment.
So what do you suggest Tigers invest money in building a separate 'warm up' area at WR just because every now and a player(s)decide to do press ups near where you are sitting.People going backwards and forwards to the toilet or bar during the game is more annoying,I think I spent most of the game on Saturday getting up and down to let people past! :smt013
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Isambard, I assume that when you sat in the Crumbie you made a note of where the bench warmed up?

You the went and got yourself a seat there.

Pray tell, who is responsible for your less than unobstructed view?
Valhalla I am coming!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

To give Isambard a bit of support, the cash he pays out for his seat goes into players' and staffs' wages. So it's a rum do indeed if these same people block his view.

Of course players need to warm up, but they are not Gods are they? Other people need to wash glasses, make sandwiches, count tickets, operate a scoreboard. But if they did so standing in front of you when the match was going on, you wouldn't be best pleased would you?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Isambard wrote:Kornboy there is no other spectator sport which prevents the paying public from seeing the game. ....
You've obviously never watched American Football then! You often can't see the sidelines on TV let alone at the games from the stands.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

It is rare that they stand still during a warm up. They move around to warm up so surely your view is not constntly blocked. I have sat in both the clubhouse and Goldsmiths stand and have never found this a problem, I just look passed them. As mentioned previously, whats more annoying is people getting up every 5 minute to use facilities, but again I'd rather they use them and I miss 5 seconds than not and make a mess. If you want to watch rugby with no warm up, then prepare to watch rugby with no star players as they remain on the treatment bench with injuries that they pick up. If you get a seat 2 rows back, I am sure this wont be a problem, after all, they have been warming up in the in goal area for aslong as I remember.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The only issues we have at the front of the Crumbie are camerapeople in general and players/staff walking onto the pitch from the dugout to wathc action in the corner. Both get verballed strongly.
There is a regular Sky cameraman who makes sure he and any others crouch down to avoid obstructing spectators' views.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

These gods of players stand in the way. They watch the game. I have many photos of this. When I moved from the Crumbie a lifetime ago this was not the case. It has become far worse. I don't see footballers warming between the goal and the crowd.

and yes of course the club should have invested in facilities for warm up. They have invested in facilities for the press recently who are obviously more important than the paying public.

By sitting in the Goldsmiths when it was the A and Leicester you accepted the protective jackets around each post as obstructions to your view. This warm up forever thing is more recent, unnecessary, intrusive, illegal because it is on the field of play, and oblivious to the enjoyment of the people in the stand. Only the cheap seats of course.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Old Tight Head wrote:When I played my 'warm up' consisted of a spray can of Ralgex...
Or Deep Heat gel applied by hand, always remembering to wash hands thoroughly afterwards (if you forgot to wash your hands, you only forgot once... :smt003 )

(I too find the warming up a distraction, especially the dayglo bibs. But I thought the warmer-uppers deployed themselves beautifully as a piece of gamesmanship when Bath made one of their few drives on Saturday.)
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

The Saracens and Wasps do gamesmanship too which two more good reasons to demand some action from the uncaring club.
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

I find that umbrellas should be banned from all events where your eyes are neccesary. All they do is completly block the view for the people behind them.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

In the days when football was going through a rough spell and was policed predominatly by policemen, it was common for some tall Dixon of Dock Green fellow to stand, hands clipped behind his back, blocking the view of the front two steps and would quickly get a yell of "Oi! Copper! Shift!"

This always resulted in a cheery smile from the copper and he would indeed move on, not wishing to spoil anyone's day, and would get warmly applauded by the crowd.

The fact is, he who pays the piper calls the tune. And us fans pay the piper.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote:The fact is, he who pays the piper calls the tune. And us fans pay the piper.
Perhaps they have been subcontracted to Lindley's?

:smt005

<sorry>

Dr. Ventner sat down (eventually) when the Crumbie pointed out the error of his ways! Perhaps you should wake some of those who sit near you up and make a kerfuffle?
Still keeping the faith!