Wouldn't be seen dead in it
36%

Total votes: 214

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: POLL regarding new Tigers kit,

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Dr Flashman, it is growing on me. It gets worse every time I look at it.

I will never, ever buy one and I am honestly worried that it will ruin my experience when watching Tigers.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Cagey Tiger wrote: I am honestly worried that it will ruin my experience when watching Tigers.
Are you serious?

It's only a shirt.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I've actually gone the other way to most people- started off liking it but the more I see it the less I can picture myself wearing one. The bib on the front is bad enough but from the back it looks like two entirely different shirts sewn together. I'll buy one to travel to Twickenham if we make the final next year but barring that no ta.
PAW

Post by PAW »

Its time we moved on from minor variations on the hoops.
Not my ideal choice but not complaining. However, at those prices I will get one when I need one (do ST holders get any discount?)
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I think a big trick has been missed by not having the whole shirt with the stripes design in the three colours - now that would be classy and I would definitely buy one.
The bib thing is abominable however.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tiger matt

Post by tiger matt »

The cotton one look's ok not to sure about the test or pro top's. I will wait till thursday and have a good look in the flesh.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Mini spike the elder wishes for a test version (which will have to be a try on at the shop to get the fit right). Mini spike the younger is keen for a pro version. Both looked at the classic and dismissed that as prefered the tiger type stripes.

I have been advised that I have enough rugby shirts (is there such a thing?).
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Cagey Tiger wrote:Dr Flashman, it is growing on me. It gets worse every time I look at it.

I will never, ever buy one and I am honestly worried that it will ruin my experience when watching Tigers.
I think in all seriousness that if the shirt had been plain and simple, there would have been people a bit annoyed that we are not being a bit less conservative, and then this comes out, and its a lot less than conservative so poeple dont like it...i think its a case of dammed if they do dammed if they dont.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Daveyboy wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote: I am honestly worried that it will ruin my experience when watching Tigers.
Are you serious?

It's only a shirt.
Fairly serious. It does look really revolting IMHO.

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: I think in all seriousness that if the shirt had been plain and simple, there would have been people a bit annoyed that we are not being a bit less conservative, and then this comes out, and its a lot less than conservative so poeple dont like it...i think its a case of dammed if they do dammed if they dont.
I agree that if it had been "plain and simple", there would have been cries of "boring" or "same old, same old" etc. However, there is a world of possibilities between "plain and simple" and what we have now. As I said in my first post, I quite like the tiger stripe effect, it is the shirt in it's entirety that I find so awful.

As an aside, my wife works with a fair number of Saints supporters and the usual banter goes on. She has taken the flyer from the club into work for the Sainst fans to have a giggle at :smt043
Off Piste Tiger

Post by Off Piste Tiger »

Love the new strip . Good idea to have a choice of three . The base layer looks like must buy for me too . I am a Tiger and want to have as loud a kit as possible . You won't miss us in this kit . The biggest and best team in the country with the most striking strip.
Arvski

Post by Arvski »

I like the fact we've gone with Canterbury.

Like the fact that we have tried something different.

Love the training gear.

But really hate the bib look on the front - should have just kept the Tiger stripes to the shoulders and away from the socks also!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I actually quite like the new shirt, it's an unusual design but why not? It's the cost that puts me off buying it however, not the design. £80.00 for the men's pro (or whatever it's called) shirt - it's not a very recession-friendly price tag now is it?
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
byrontiger

Post by byrontiger »

It's a no from me. Thanks to that awful bib section. I do like the new tiger stripes but as you can see in the base layer garment,it looks like something to wear to a festival rather than a rugby match!

It could have been toned down with something other than a bib. Or is that how the 'trendies' think rugby fans need dressing? :smt017
And their revenge is as the tiger's spring,
Deadly, and quick and crushing.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Time moves on again tradition is broken.

Will the new shirts have the old playing letters under the badge and the starts etc for Europe and Prem wins?
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I have already commented on the style of the shirts, which I do not like so much that i never even looked at the price, but now I have seen the comments on here are they serious? £80 they must be joking!
That is nothing but a massive rip off.
Tigers sort this out supporters you will always have because we love our club, but don't let these people do this to your loyal supporters
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022