Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: tigers fans singing!!!!!

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Two Tuilagis...... there's only two tuilagis....two tuilaaaaaagiiiiiis

Won't be able to sing that next season :smt009
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
hiraldos
Tiger Cub

Post by hiraldos »

Steeeeeve - when Mafi has the ball

No Mafi, no try - to the tune of no woman no cry

Oh Manu Tuilagi - to the tune of hoki koki
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Rizzo- we shout not straight before Dylan throws it in because ... we know it is going to be - it's a sort of ESP
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Another habit which is sure to be blamed on football fans is this business of automatically booing someone every time he touches the ball, just because of some long forgotten (well, obviously not) previous incident.

Rugby is all the fresher for NOT having this borish behaviour, yet just as football is trying to drive it away, rugby crowds have picked up the mantle.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Sign me up to the Mightymouse supporters club as well!

One of the reasons we put up with the weather, the price of season tickets and occasional (thankfully rare at the moment) dreadful performances is that we feel that we can affect the outcome by being there and, thereby, become part of the event and work with our team to achieve a result. I have personally managed to get Olly Morgan to step onside by shouting at him, and I've seen the affect of a full throated support on a team. In fact, how many times have teams thanked the crowd in the post match interviews for given the extra lift needed, in fact being the extra man?

We're supporters, so we give support. If you don't want to get involved just watch it on telly and free up your spot for someone else!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I still well recall the HC final in Paris when the Stade fans and the Tigers fans did (verbal) battle for a full 100 minutes.

What an atmosphere!!

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Still keeping the faith!
barmouth john

Post by barmouth john »

Nothing wrong with singing, but then I do live in Wales now. We could do with a dedicated tigers song though (like "when the saints go marching in" at Northampton or "the mighty quin" at harlequins). Ideas anyone? :smt001
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I run the risk of being wronged, but I have probably sung my heart out more over the years than anyone else on this forum, having attended every home game over a very long period for the two teams I love and travelled to Sweden, Italy, Belgium, France, Germany etc etc.

I am just saying don't go into a downward spiral.

I've heard football fans singing disgusting songs about Hillsbrough, the Munich air disaster, Barry Roberts (who killed a policeman) and so on.

Now these may be football supporters and not rugby supporters, but they are the same species as you. If you go down this route then you will have a couple of thousand fans who think it's funny and they will blight WR forever.

I gloat over success all the time and I'm very adept at smirking at a mate when my team's beaten his. But that's done man to man, and not behind the blanket of 20,000 fans.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

But my earlier points where

a) it is all in jest and banter, nothing like the vile "munich/Hillsborough" stuff, which I agree you would have to be one sick human being to get involved in that. Where do we jump from singing "goodbyee" to leaving fans, shouting "get onside" at opposition flankers or "not straight " at opposing hookers - to organised mass violence and racist, homophobic and grossly indecent chanting. I am sorry but I just do not see the correlation and anyone trying to find one is either being deliberatly obtuse or has a hypersensitive nature.

b) we on the terrace, especially those of us who stand behind the opposition dug out, are right next to the man we are singing or bantering towards and they us. Ulster fans were right behind us and next to us and sang and bantered a lot more that us to my complete shame and emarrasment. So often do Gloucester fans. God forbid we even had some noisy Worcster fans cheek by jowel with us the other week - we had a right laugh with them. It's great fun and all I say is bring it on and see if we are up to the challenge, but from what I here from many on here I suspect we sadly are not.

Only twice in my live have I felt the threat of physical violence in a rugby ground, whilst supporting (plenty of times whilst playing obviously:)- Once was in the Captains bar at Welford road when Freddie had famously scored in the last seconds against Gloucester. A Glaws fan got a bit upset and nearly went for me when I had to put him right that we were not a bunch of F..g cheating b...s and to the contrary his team were a bunch of bottlers. Fortunatly his mate restrianed him and peace was quickly restored. The other time was altogether more frightening at Ellis Park Joburg '97. I was nearly pulled over a row of seats by the offer of a hand of supposed friendship by a massive, very drunk, Boer farmer with calloused fists like hams "Hey lion" he said "hey lion give me you hand" he barked out in his thick gutteral Afrikaans accent. Stupidly for a moment I did,. When the vice tightened and pulled it took all my stregth and some mates holding on to me to stop me flying into them and then I think I would have been at their mercy and taken a right kicking. I heard of others that day who had taking a beating.

But please stop this nonsense that singing "I'd rather have a shower than a Bath" next week is going to turn us into the next Millwall, West Ham match - frankly it is ridiculous!
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Well put.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Mightymouse, I like to win arguments but I've lost this one, haven't I!

A good bit of ragging and thank you.
cockneyCATman

Post by cockneyCATman »

mighty mouse as a singer of cheerio, cheerio, cheerio the other week I applaud you.
some have forgotten the banter in the first 5 minutes from the stains was was 'there is only one scrum in england'.

Good natured banter is part of being a supporter- I will always remember the excellent hospitaility and banter of the Leinester fans in Dublin!!!.
hooking_king

Post by hooking_king »

And there is the point mightymouse...'I'd rather have a shower than a Bath' is clever and witty. All myself and kinoulton have said from the outset is that we can do better than 'cheerio, cheerio'. I stand by what I originally said, 'cheerio, cheerio' is just antagonistic and it is designed to wind people up the wrong way.

Bill W also brings up a great point about Parc des Princes vs Stade, I was there and it was great. I sing, I enjoy singing, but to reiterate my point at the start of all of this 'cheerio, cheerio' is basic and unnecessary.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

You have to match the wit of the Forest fans who goaded the West Ham fans by singing to the tune of Blue Moon:

Blue moon,
You started singing too soon,
Now all your dreams have gone,
Cos Stanley's made it one - one.

That made it into the Grauniad's arts section under the heading of poetry.
NaptonTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by NaptonTiger »

So the rugby scum that ape this behaviour are not following the majority of football fans, they are copying the worst minority.[/quote]

Calling fellow supporters (including my wife) "scum" is far worse than singing chererio. I am surprised the moderator let you get away with this.
Don't moralise to others about how they should behave at a rugby ground after your own dismal behaviour.
Perhaps you are a troll?