Post by peeje »

http://blog.canterbury.com/2012/04/20/c ... er-tigers/

For all desperate for kit news updates :) :smt038
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: new kit blog from Canterbury

Post by tigerburnie »

Doesn't seem to mention fans replicas,bet they won't be any cheaper though.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I have actually seen it but I am not allowed to say what it is like. I understand though, that Canterbury paid a LOT more for the rights to manufacture than Cotton Traders could offer.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I got a Wellington Lions players replica top from New Zealand and it was $160 (NZ) about £60 which is cheaper than the £70 for the same players kit this season. I try to buy a new top each season (when Mrs Flashman allows me of course), as you can go into the pub in one and not look like a chav . The new top looks good. Rugby tops are worth the money, they have a longer shelf life.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I notice on the linked page Simon Cohen says "Today is the first opportunity for fans to purchase the Leicester Tigers Home Jersey by Pre-Order, whilst not yet seeing the shirt"

Not sure that I would buy something sight unseen :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

From the teaser video, it appears similar to the training kit of a couple of seasons back.

If so, I will be getting one - I did always like that training kit!
divingrob

Post by divingrob »

Launched on the 3rd May and more than likely worn for the Bath game.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

divingrob wrote:Launched on the 3rd May and more than likely worn for the Bath game.
Is it going to be on sale in the club shop at the Bath game? If thats the case it may add to my required weekend beer tokens... :smt023
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

At least the colours look right - that's a good start. :smt001
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote:Is it going to be on sale in the club shop at the Bath game?
If it's only being launched two days prior, I'd be amazed if it was on sale in the shop for the Bath match.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

BJ. wrote:
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote:Is it going to be on sale in the club shop at the Bath game?
If it's only being launched two days prior, I'd be amazed if it was on sale in the shop for the Bath match.

Fair point. Hopfully it will be on show, so i can at least see what i am going to be spending my pocket money on... :smt003
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote:Hopefully it will be on show, so i can at least see what i am going to be spending my pocket money on... :smt003
Let's hope so. If I like it, I'll order one online and, if I'm lucky, it might arrive before the start of next season.

The reason I say that is I've noticed a marked increase in delivery time of items since Kitbag took over. Recently I've individually ordered two of this season's home shirts and each took as long to arrive from Manchester as it did for a package I posted to a very rural address in southern France approximately 800 miles away.

Another thought - we've all this speculation about next season's home strip but what the away kit? It is due for replacement as 2011/12 is the second season it has been worn. If it is replaced, for goodness sake let's have something that features the club colours.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Let's hope so. If I like it, I'll order one online and, if I'm lucky, it might arrive before the start of next season.
Well hopefully the fact that a teaser has been released now shows that Canterbury are a little more up to the task of delivering shirts on time than Cotton Traders were. In previous seasons we've had to wait quite a while to even see what the shirt would look like. When I ordered presents from the online store at Christmas they arrived when they were promised too. That wasn't particularly quick but it was what the online store advertised.

The shirt looked alright from the little sample on show, the red white and green going all the way up the sleeves panels and seemingly not in sync with the shirt may be a bit difference and though a shot of the body wasn't there when the club badge was shown it seemed to be surrounded by only green so that would indicate either the front panel is green or has much thicker stripes.
bwightman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bwightman »

Looks like we should be joining the Super 15 with that style of shirt!

Keen to see what Canterbury have done with the away kit. Anything has to be better than the dismal grey.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Well, I am suitably teased! Easily pleased? Maybe. Everything I've had from Kitbag has arrived as promised, or a clear reschedule plan has been issued, as Sam said, not always quick but as promised (touch wood).

I have one of the green and red training shirts from earlier seasons, quite liked that too.
bwightman wrote:Keen to see what Canterbury have done with the away kit. Anything has to be better than the dismal grey.
Keen to see that too, would it be a variation on the euro shirt that was brought out (to fulfil contractural obligations with cotton traders prior to supplier change?) earlier this season?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.