We have to keep Agulla- all threads merged

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: We have to keep Agulla- all threads merged

Post by Qbec »

Regardless of who anyone wishes to blame, Horacio will not be with us next season, I for one hope he is picked for the Bath game & that;
Billy Twelvetrees, Julian White, Jeremy Staunton, Alesana Tuilagi, George Skivington, James Grindal, Peter Bucknall all appear on the pitch at HT or the end of the game so the Welford Road crowd can give them the send off they deserve.

I understand Lee Robinson has already gone?

Thanks Guys one & all for your time & efforts with us at "The TIGERS"
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Qbec wrote:Regardless of who anyone wishes to blame, Horacio will not be with us next season, I for one hope he is picked for the Bath game & that;
Billy Twelvetrees, Julian White, Jeremy Staunton, Alesana Tuilagi, George Skivington, James Grindal, Peter Bucknall all appear on the pitch at HT or the end of the game so the Welford Road crowd can give them the send off they deserve.

I understand Lee Robinson has already gone?

Thanks Guys one & all for your time & efforts with us at "The TIGERS"
Agreed that would be the best thing to do, lets give them all a sendoff they will never forget.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

TigerLad wrote:Agreed that would be the best thing to do, lets give them all a sendoff they will never forget.

Agreed. Let's do it!! And if you haven't voted yet vote for Haracio as Player of the Season.

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

bump
Still keeping the faith!
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Anyone know if this fine player has a contract ANYWHERE next season?

Player and Try of the Season will increase his share value! Surely, if we foolishly don't want him, some other big name clubs should be sniffing round, southern hemisphere, or northern who'd welcome a decent post-Christmas boost to the squad, which is bound to have had some casualties during the first half of the season.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

JWM wrote:Anyone know if this fine player has a contract ANYWHERE next season?

Player and Try of the Season will increase his share value! Surely, if we foolishly don't want him, some other big name clubs should be sniffing round, southern hemisphere, or northern who'd welcome a decent post-Christmas boost to the squad, which is bound to have had some casualties during the first half of the season.
As much as I have been impressed by Horacio and would love for us to be able to keep him, let's not forget, he also had a choice - stay at Leicester and give up his International aspirations, or follow his desire to play for his country and in so doing make it impossible for Tigers to retain his services within the salary cap.
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Sherpa2 wrote:
JWM wrote:Anyone know if this fine player has a contract ANYWHERE next season?

As much as I have been impressed by Horacio and would love for us to be able to keep him, let's not forget, he also had a choice - stay at Leicester and give up his International aspirations, or follow his desire to play for his country and in so doing make it impossible for Tigers to retain his services within the salary cap.
You mean like Moody - we kept him through several seasons when he appeared more for England than Tigers!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

So we know the inevitable is going to happen, and Horace is going to leave, but that doesn't mean we can't send him off in style.

Signs, banners and chants for Horace in the final (2?) home game(s)?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Darc Tiger wrote:So we know the inevitable is going to happen, and Horace is going to leave, but that doesn't mean we can't send him off in style.

Signs, banners and chants for Horace in the final (2?) home game(s)?
I'd agree whole heartedly with this,who knows,he might play one 4 nations and then decide to hang up his international boots and come back to us in the future.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

So Horacio was the supporter's player of the season.
Was Cockers at the presentation? If so was he suitably embarrassed?
To both I hope the answer is yes.
A life long Tiger
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Smudge wrote:So Horacio was the supporter's player of the season.
Both Cockers and MOC were both present. I spoke with both of them.

MOC was less than his ebullient self I thought.

Neither of the Peters or Simon Cowen were present (or if they were they were hiding from me!)
Still keeping the faith!
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Smudge wrote:So Horacio was the supporter's player of the season.
Why. Because he has taken a sensible decision :smt017
I see you don't ask if the boss of the Argentinian rfu was there, and if he was embarrassed about agreeing to matches that would mean no one will see any of his test side till December :smt013
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

MJ Chairman wrote:I see you don't ask if the boss of the Argentinian rfu was there, and if he was embarrassed about agreeing to matches that would mean no one will see any of his test side till December :smt013
Insofar as I am aware the Boss of the Argentinian RFU was not present. (Was he invited?) Nor was a representative from the IRB who determine international fixtures.

Had they been, I would have been delighted to engage them in private conversation, and (this is a complement Cockers) trust they would have been as open and honest as Cockers was!
Still keeping the faith!
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

The positive spin surrounding HA's departure begins:

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/L ... story.html

Viva Ringo!
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
beech

Post by beech »

It's nice to see that some posters have moved on - instead of complaining about us not keeping 12T it is complaining about Agulla. In the past it has been about not keeping Moody, Vesty, Hipkiss even Dusty Hare and yet in spite of all these 'disasters' we are still in with a strong chance of another premiership final. I am sure we are all disappointed that Agulla can't stay but I for one am prepared to accept that the problems with him staying outweighed the advantages of keeping him. Time will tell - let's have a review this time next season.
tf22