Harlequins & The Title

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Harlequins & The Title

Post by Qbec »

Ugo Monye: Insists it would be "an injustice" if Harlequins finished the season without silverware.

Sounds to me like it's getting "itchy Bum time" at Harlequins & even if you finish top doesn't mean a thing Mate! get used to it we've had too.

Ugo Monye: "We have played them all this season, though, and beaten them so whoever we play will hold no fear for us."

Yeah but now you play our full first team.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Harlequins & The Title

Post by TigerLad »

Harlequins have got to be 3rd favorites to win the league after Saffas and us, I just think that when the going gets tough and the pressures on I think they will crumble whereas ourselves and Saffas will be able to grind out these type of games.
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

I'll wager that we play Stains in the Final
Crunch time--these are the two best sides

Sarries and Quims are only at the top because there was no opposition with all the big boys away at the World Cup.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

Don't see how you can say Sarries are only near the top because of the RWC - they have been in the last two finals and are the title holders.
Saints one of the best come crunch time? Don't think many of their fans would agree with you - in fact I think the view among their fans is that they still do not have the knack of winning the key games - EDF final, HEC final, Aviva semi last year come to mind for starters.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Granby wrote:Don't see how you can say Sarries are only near the top because of the RWC - they have been in the last two finals and are the title holders.
Saints one of the best come crunch time? Don't think many of their fans would agree with you - in fact I think the view among their fans is that they still do not have the knack of winning the key games - EDF final, HEC final, Aviva semi last year come to mind for starters.
Exactly! My money would have been on a re-run of the last final if it didn't look like Tigers/Sarries would knock each other out in the semis. There the two teams in the Aviva that seem to know how to win big games.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

When did Wasps ever top the table and win the league.......never, they always won the league by being 4th in the table!! :smt013

Quins........are sinking fast, Fridays game has smashed their mettle!! :smt022 :smt022
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Stupid

Post by Stupid »

...so Monye would think it unfair if they got no silverware. Perhaps he should tell that to the board at Quins, as they were one of the 11 sides that voted in the playoffs. If they lose out then they have nobody to blame but themselves.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

TigerLad wrote:Harlequins have got to be 3rd favorites to win the league after Saffas and us ...........
And so it is according to Ladbrookes. Odds to win the AP Final.

Saracens 15/8
Leicester 15/8
Harlequins 3/1
Northampton 9/2
Exeter 66/1
Gloucester 200/1
Always a Tiger
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

bluntiger wrote:
TigerLad wrote:Harlequins have got to be 3rd favorites to win the league after Saffas and us ...........
And so it is according to Ladbrookes. Odds to win the AP Final.

Saracens 15/8
Leicester 15/8
Harlequins 3/1
Northampton 9/2
Exeter 66/1
Gloucester 200/1
:smt003 What a guess, um I mean informed statistical statement?
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

WiggoTiger wrote:When did Wasps ever top the table and win the league.......never, they always won the league by being 4th in the table!! :smt013

Quins........are sinking fast, Fridays game has smashed their mettle!! :smt022 :smt022
Quins are sinking fast?

Wasn't their last Premiership match an away win over Sarries, which actually stretched Quins' lead at the top?

Curiosu definition of 'sinking'...
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

4071 wrote:
WiggoTiger wrote:When did Wasps ever top the table and win the league.......never, they always won the league by being 4th in the table!! :smt013

Quins are sinking fast?

Wasn't their last Premiership match an away win over Sarries, which actually stretched Quins' lead at the top?

Curiosu definition of 'sinking'...

Never let facts get in the way of a good rant!!

:smt026 :smt026
Still keeping the faith!
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Quins dont have the experience that we have, Saffa's and Saints have. This will come to bare in the semi finals when the pressure is on. I would rather play them in the Semi finals rather then either of the other two. I would hope that with knowledge on how to grind out such games (LV Semi final v Bath was a case in point) i think we could turn them over. Also a further war with Saints in a semi final would only have injuries and suspensions to show for it if we did win.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote:Quins dont have the experience that we have, Saffa's and Saints have. This will come to bare in the semi finals when the pressure is on. I would rather play them in the Semi finals rather then either of the other two. I would hope that with knowledge on how to grind out such games (LV Semi final v Bath was a case in point) i think we could turn them over. Also a further war with Saints in a semi final would only have injuries and suspensions to show for it if we did win.
Out of curiosity, may I ask why you have put an apostrophe in Saffa's but not in Quins, Saints, finals, games and suspensions?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

BJ. wrote:
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote:Quins dont have the experience that we have, Saffa's and Saints have. This will come to bare in the semi finals when the pressure is on. I would rather play them in the Semi finals rather then either of the other two. I would hope that with knowledge on how to grind out such games (LV Semi final v Bath was a case in point) i think we could turn them over. Also a further war with Saints in a semi final would only have injuries and suspensions to show for it if we did win.
Out of curiosity, may I ask why you have put an apostrophe in Saffa's but not in Quins, Saints, finals, games and suspensions?
Mr Pedantic strikes again
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

BJ. wrote:
Had not realised that i had put one in there...but on looking i clearly have, poor grammer on my behalf...sorry.
There is never any points for 2nd place...