Hawkins Injury/Clark Citing - UPDATE - Now cited!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Hawkins Injury/Clark Citing - UPDATE - Now cited!

Post by iceman_19 »

I was completely and utterly appalled at the way Rob Hawkins was injured today. I recommend anyone who hasn't seen the incident to have a look (if you've recorded it).

Hawkins concedes a penalty by going off his feet and is correctly penalised by the ref. Callum Clark is on the ground next to Hawkins and, on hearing the referees whistle, proceeds to twist/pull his arm the 'wrong' way (away from his body) until you hear Hawkins cry out in pain.

Clark, the :censored: , then slinks off, in the knowledge that he has just deliberately broken someones arm/dislocated his shoulder, after the whistle had gone.

I hope he gets cited and gets a big ban, because that was horrific. Cockerill was speaking to him afterwards and I wonder if it would have anything to do with the incident.

EDIT: Please see the attached youtube link for ease of reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_5Vlsye ... r_embedded

Thanks to Kornboy and others who have already provided it.
Last edited by iceman_19 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Hawkins Injury/Clark Citing

Post by Darc Tiger »

Disgraceful. :smt013
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

I saw Cockers having a word with Clark after the game, he didn't look pleased, didn't see the incident but if Clark did what he did then he needs to be dealt with severely for his actions, hope Hawks is not too badly injured.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Disgusting behavior. I just do not get why somebody would do something like that.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

We await the citing officer and disciplinary panels pleasure.

Occasioning bodily harm after the whistle? Any advance on 6 month ban?

:smt017
Still keeping the faith!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

iceman_19 wrote:Cockerill was speaking to him afterwards and I wonder if it would have anything to do with the incident.
I watched the game and I have recorded it at home but won't see it for a week or so as I'm away. Who was Cockers talking to? Hawkins or Clark?. Will we see a breakaway from the so called 'we do not cite' policy?

SKY haven't shown the incident over and over again as I'm sure they would've done had it been the other way around. I do remember the commentators talking about Hawkins hyper-extending his elbow, and that was about it.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

Absolutely disgraceful from Clarke

RC was giving him some advice--reckon he will get at least 6 months which is still too lenient
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

How could he hyper-extend his elbow in a ruck? Unless...
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Will we see a breakaway from the so called 'we do not cite' policy?

Clubs can no longer cite. They can ask citing officers to "look at" incidents though.
Still keeping the faith!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Looks very bad on a recording, seems to happen after the whistle has blown and be deliberate.

I suspect the officials will have better views though.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Disgraceful behaviour and I sincerely hope Clark is given swift and harsh justice, that said I do not believe he will get cited as it is always seems the case that citing officers do not cite the blindingly obvious only the unobserved! Note not a word said on Sky! Hope I am wrong but I fear he will get away with it :smt013
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Bill W (2) wrote:
WhitecapTiger wrote: Will we see a breakaway from the so called 'we do not cite' policy?

Clubs can no longer cite. They can ask citing officers to "look at" incidents though.
Sorry, my poor wording, that's what I meant - asking the citing officer to look at it, not that the club can cite directly.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:

Sorry, my poor wording, that's what I meant - asking the citing officer to look at it, not that the club can cite directly.
Peace! I feel sure the citing officer will have been asked to examine the TV footage. Oh and btw the RFU disciplinary people read this forum!!!
Still keeping the faith!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Seems this latest violence is in keeping with his character as detailed in the link below

http://www.rugbydump.com/2008/06/582/yo ... d-butt-jwc
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
AliB

Post by AliB »

Have enjoyed reading the posts on this forum for years but never been compelled to join...until now.

I saw the incident live on sky and it seemed odd, i was waiting for a replay from sky but nothing. If you recorded it look at +54 mins, the whistle blows Hawkins is fine two seconds later he is screaming in pain and you can clearly see Clark bending back Hawkins' arm. This is deliberate assault and Clark should get the book thrown at him. Well done to Tigers for not retaliating and remaining professional as I am sure a lot of the players would have seen that happen too.

What is the max ban Clark could face? I appreciate that eye gouging is seen as one of the worst offensives but this must be up there ?

Ps great link by Sapajo on the prevoius post shows what a disgrace this Clark guy is
Last edited by AliB on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.