Was Hartley up to old (and distasteful) trick? - now cited!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Hartley cited

Post by fentiger »

Hawkins is at least as good as Hartley. Tom Youngs is a good player, unfortunately his line out throws are still a bit wayward.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:Why are we not surprised?! Thank God it's the end of the tournament and we don't have to suffer the hooker from Wasps (whose name escapes me) and his horrificly misfiring throws into the lineout
Rob Webber?

I thought David Paice of the NotNots (Aussie but qualified through residency I believe) was supposed to be the 'next big thing'? Whatever happened to him in the reckoning? Although I'd prefer an 'Englishman', born and bred or of English heritage/parentage etc rather than another import.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
snoopster

Re: Was Hartley up to an old (and distasteful) trick?

Post by snoopster »

jgriffin wrote:Remember there are two sides to a nibble - the nibble and the question of what the finger was doing in the mouth (Mealamu).
Indeed. If it did happen then both sides have some questions to answer.

I could be getting mixed up but I'm pretty sure Cockerill claimed in his autobiography that he'd bitten an opposing hooker's finger when it was being driven into his eye socket at the bottom of a ruck.

I am surprised by all the fuss from the Irish over it - last season I remember numerous Irish posters on the Guardian and Telegraph message boards dismissing an Ulster player biting Hartley on the grounds gumguards stopped any injury from occuring, so biting in rugby wasn't an offence worth worrying about. Perhaps it is more serious when it is alleged to have been done to an Irish player than when it happens to an non-Irish player?
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Tom Youngs will be competing for the English starting shirt, if not the incumbent by the 2015 world cup
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

WhitecapTiger wrote:Rob Webber?

I thought David Paice of the NotNots (Aussie but qualified through residency I believe) was supposed to be the 'next big thing'? Whatever happened to him in the reckoning? Although I'd prefer an 'Englishman', born and bred or of English heritage/parentage etc rather than another import.
That's the bloke. His throws in warm up were at least 6 yards off straight and they got no better during the game. Those on the terrace kept reminding him of it each time he had a lineout on our side.

Any money on that 'youngster' Steve Thompson making yet another remarkable comeback?

As for Paice, I'd completely forgotten about him.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Was Hartley up to old (and distasteful) trick? - now cited!!

Post by Granby »

If anyone managed to bite Ferris they did well as he spent 95% of the game in Crofty's back pocket :smt002
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Purely out of interest.....if Hartley did this and is found guilty and punished, how will this reflect on the Lancaster regime? How on Earth could he pick players capable of such indiscipline etc surely he'd be driven out of the job :smt002
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Purely out of interest.....if Hartley did this and is found guilty and punished, how will this reflect on the Lancaster regime? How on Earth could he pick players capable of such indiscipline etc surely he'd be driven out of the job :smt002
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

WhitecapTiger wrote:Purely out of interest.....if Hartley did this and is found guilty and punished, how will this reflect on the Lancaster regime? How on Earth could he pick players capable of such indiscipline etc surely he'd be driven out of the job :smt002

:smt009 :smt009 :smt009

According to the Gospel according to St Lancaster he would have to be banished to the nether regions!!

:smt013
Still keeping the faith!
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

I'm suprised no one has mentioned Jamie George of saracens he looks like a class player
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Mr Bean wrote:I'm suprised no one has mentioned Jamie George of saracens he looks like a class player
They have an England qualified player who wasn't born in South Africa?!
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:I'm suprised no one has mentioned Jamie George of saracens he looks like a class player
They have an England qualified player who wasn't born in South Africa?!
They do have some good quality young english players the likes of jackson wray, george kruis, james short, jamie george and the current england number 10
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

That's a fair point Mr Bean. Forgot about Jamie George, and he does look a fair shout.
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

Yes but how much has he actually played? He's behind Schalk Brits and possibly Smit too now. You can't tout him for England if he's not playing club rugby. It would be like England having a match next weekend and saying Tom Youngs should be picked. Maybe Jamie George will be in the frame soon, but I would suggest that unless he starts playing regular first team rugby over the next two months he won't be ready for South Africa.
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

TigerAlex wrote:
Yes but how much has he actually played? He's behind Schalk Brits and possibly Smit too now. You can't tout him for England if he's not playing club rugby. It would be like England having a match next weekend and saying Tom Youngs should be picked. Maybe Jamie George will be in the frame soon, but I would suggest that unless he starts playing regular first team rugby over the next two months he won't be ready for South Africa.
I have had a quick peek at the sarries website and according to there website this season Jamie George has had more appearences than Schalk Brits