Where did the French thread go?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Where did the French thread go?

Post by Isambard »

This am I am sure there was a thread in the French language. It seems to have gorn, oh dear. Was it too naughty for this site? Have Gremlins been around? Too much porridge?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Where did the French thread go?

Post by Bill W (2) »

Isambard wrote:This am I am sure there was a thread in the French language. It seems to have gorn, oh dear. Was it too naughty for this site? Have Gremlins been around? Too much porridge?
It was not the least bit naughty. It asked where the doom mongers had gone and discussed whether, after the storm, there might be sunshine or a downpour!
Still keeping the faith!
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

This dm is still here Bill and he has another 2 seasons st to run. We still need a replacement for MOC imho.Allez les Tigres.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I am Australian which being translated = Moi Aussie!
Still keeping the faith!
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

If there was a thread in the French language (I did not see it) then thank goodness it has gone. How b. ridiculous. Why would anybody want to go on to this site and read ANYTHING in a foreign language? It defies understanding.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

Bill W (2) wrote:It was not the least bit naughty. It asked where the doom mongers had gone and discussed whether, after the storm, there might be sunshine or a downpour!
Not quite true there Bill!

If it is the thread I saw then you included a swear word in the title which, had it been in English, would not have got past the language filter. A word that I assume was intentionally included by you in order to provoke.

I'm guessing Rizzo removed it due to the offensive thread title rather than your use of French.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

me2 wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:It was not the least bit naughty. It asked where the doom mongers had gone and discussed whether, after the storm, there might be sunshine or a downpour!

If it is the thread I saw then you included a swear word in the title which, had it been in English, would not have got past the language filter. A word that I assume was intentionally included by you in order to provoke.

I'm guessing Rizzo removed it due to the offensive thread title rather than your use of French.
Since I did not initiate the thread (Kinoulton did) I am at a total loss to understand how I included anything in the title. I assume this is just another of your deliberate unprovoked attacks where truth is irrelevant.
Still keeping the faith!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The thread was removed due to the offensive thread title.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

Bill W (2) wrote:
me2 wrote:

Since I did not initiate the thread (Kinoulton did) I am at a total loss to understand how I included anything in the title. I assume this is just another of your deliberate unprovoked attacks where truth is irrelevant.

Sorry, I thought it was you who initiated the thread but if it was Kinoulton then HE was the one who intententionally included an offensive word in order to provoke.

The point still stands though that the thread was removed (as Tigerbeat has now confirmed) because of the offensive language used in the title.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

me2 wrote:Sorry, I thought it was you who initiated the thread but if it was Kinoulton then HE was the one who intententionally included an offensive word in order to provoke.

The point still stands though that the thread was removed (as Tigerbeat has now confirmed) because of the offensive language used in the title.
Apology for your unprovoked personal attack accepted.

You (and Tigerbeat) might usefully ask Kinny (or Ze Stade Fan)for lessons in colloquial French.

The exchange from one Parisien Taxi driver to another is illuminating: "Et comment ca va Mademoiselle, votre mere?" Now that is (in French) insulting!!!

Heads up Kinny!!

:smt038
Still keeping the faith!
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

I'm quite aware of colloquial French, just as I am aware of colloquial English.

Thethread title included a swear word & therefore was rightly removed. Despite your claim that the thread was "not in the least bit naughty", it clearly was as it included an offensive word.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Is my help needed? Shall I post rude words in my native language for Rizzo to censor? :smt003
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Wholehearted thanks to ZSF and Bill who have taken my original post in the lighthearted manner which was intended.

The word I used meant someone born out of wedlock and exists in various forms in Latin, Italian, French, Spanish, Portugese and English and is emphatically NOT a swear word. Check out the OED.

So if you lot would prefer it, I'll communicate in the more modern form "CU l8er m8 ru cummin out tomozz. mite go dwn to bar risa which is dead reem."

Is that more in keeping with people's IQ?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote:Wholehearted thanks to ZSF and Bill who have taken my original post in the lighthearted manner which was intended.
No thanks needed Kinny.

There are, of course those who live on the dark side; others are happy clappers; whereas some are mere stewards in the bar!

Sensitive flowers!

:smt006
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I just wonder if we are going to ban all foreign words per se?

Including the odd double entendre.

Is this a fait accomplis?

Is the pen mightier than the epee?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!