Castro's back in the Italian squad!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

Castro's back in the Italian squad!

Post by BJ. »

According to here. I thought his cracked rib had ruled him out of the rest of the 6N. Surely they can't be thinking of playing him with this current injury?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Castro's back in the Italian squad!

Post by sapajo »

Absolutely shockingly bonkers! Speaks volumes about the apparent willingness to break players before they are properly mended. Furthermore, what if he returns to early only to worsen his prexisting rib injury. This farce could put pay to the rest of his season in a Tigers shirt. Surely the club must intervene here if at all possible. I know Martin is a very passionate player for his country but common sense surely must win over here :smt013 :smt012 :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Is it not possible that his rib injury has/will have/may have recovered by the weekend? Can't reall imagine they'd actually play a prop who has damaged ribs if he is not sufficintly recovered.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

I had only a cracked rib from a football injury many years ago and it took a good 6 weeks to heal. How a broken rib can heal in 2-3 weeks... I don't know but if I was Castro I'd rather watch from the TV pundits box... next to Gabby Logan!
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

He did mention on Sat that he might make the Scotland game!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Perhaps it's possible that the Italian team doctors/physios who are treating Castro know more about his fitness and health than we do... so it's a little bit soon for hystrionics and accusations.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tiglon wrote:Perhaps it's possible that the Italian team doctors/physios who are treating Castro know more about his fitness and health than we do... so it's a little bit soon for hystrionics and accusations.
Its nice to know that in fact the italian team are very protective of Castro and that they will ensure that he only returns to action fully recovered for Italy. I am also sure RC is also very happy about this and that he will not return home busted for the rest of the season with Tigers as a result.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Aren't we forgetting the possibility (?) that the player himself decides that he is fit/unfit to play, and that his attitude on the subject is completely professional?
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Phil B wrote:Aren't we forgetting the possibility (?) that the player himself decides that he is fit/unfit to play, and that his attitude on the subject is completely professional?
In which case if it was simply left to the player to decide if he was fit why bother with any medical opinion. Certainly no criticism implied or otherwise of Castro he is a very passionate player for both club and country. The fact remains that he may inadvertenly now be compromised between club vs country given Italys poor performance in his absence, its something will will never know for sure.