Heads must roll!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Heads must roll!

Post by parkerd68 »

There were 2 things I saw at the Sarries game yesterday which are utterly appalling, and someone must surely be sacked for encouraging such heinous behaviour.

Firstly, I saw several Tigers players taking a pass AT PACE. What the hell were they thinking?

Secondly, there were occasions where, and I can hardly bring myself to say this, some of our players were attempting to or actually committing the crime of off-loading in the tackle.

This is NOT Leicester, and I hope that someone removes such thoughts from the players before the Newcastle game.

:smt002
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Heads must roll!

Post by sapajo »

parkerd68 wrote:.

This is NOT Leicester, and I hope that someone removes such thoughts from the players before the Newcastle game.

Your right its NOT the old Leicester its the new evolutionary Leicester we have all been demanding! Well some of us at least :smt047
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

parkerd68 wrote:There were 2 things I saw at the Sarries game yesterday which are utterly appalling, and someone must surely be sacked for encouraging such heinous behaviour.

Firstly, I saw several Tigers players taking a pass AT PACE. What the hell were they thinking?

Secondly, there were occasions where, and I can hardly bring myself to say this, some of our players were attempting to or actually committing the crime of off-loading in the tackle.

I feel like I'm going to be sick just thinking about this.

I will take your word for what happened as I could not watch the rest of the game through tears of anger after our backs had the nerve to execute a crisp and effective set move.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
hugh78
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by hugh78 »

(from the ESPN data) An amazing(for Tigers this season) 7 offloads were made, I make that our highest amount in a single game this season. (1 offload was made against Ulster, as a nice comparator).
Apparently Defenders beaten was 27 - a huge number if correct, but probably a lot down to Manu going through 3-4 at a time.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

parkerd68 wrote:There were 2 things I saw at the Sarries game yesterday which are utterly appalling, and someone must surely be sacked for encouraging such heinous behaviour.
My understanding, and I have this from no lesser authority than the uncle of the taxi drivers mistress, is that O'Connor had apoplexy at the time (what he actually siad is not repeatable on this forum) and even as I type is scouring the tapes to identify the culprits.
Still keeping the faith!
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

You will have to keep an eye on all the threads Bill or you might miss a chance to kick the coaches.
nasher

Post by nasher »

Well said Bob. Many threads are now hijacked to promote the'Sack the coaches campaign' It seriously devalues the whole forum.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

There are some serious sense of humour failures going on here.

The thread is entitled "Heads must roll";
It suggests that some players committed mortal sins (for Tigers) by taking the ball at pace and off loading;
It was (to my eye) clearly tongue in cheek and humourous;
Whilst appeciating the players efforts.

I add to the humour and stand accused of hijacking the thread???

I assume those who so do are not able to add to the humour?

Like suggesting Chuter is having special coaching in dropping goals?

Flood is being taught how to drop off tackles?

Manu being told to catch the ball with one hand so as to increase the liklihood of a knock on?

Ohm and our second rows being taught how to compete for the ball in the line without preventing their opponent getting it?

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Still keeping the faith!
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

Hinckley Bob wrote:You will have to keep an eye on all the threads Bill or you might miss a chance to kick the coaches.
Bill has devoted his entire existence to making this forum as unreadable as possible. After much experience he has perfected the art of an absolutely worthless contribution and he would definitely not miss an opportunity to make one.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Bill W (2) wrote:There are some serious sense of humour failures going on here.
No. There are some people on this forum who are seriously cheesed off with your almost obsessive digs at either the coaching staff at the Tigers or someone you constantly insist on referring to as Randrew. It might seem amusing to you but, if we were to put it to a vote, I think you might be disappointed in the outcome.

I'm now going to have my tea, watch University Challenge and check in later. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a highly witty (in your opinion) reply waiting for me.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
A_Magna_Malc

Post by A_Magna_Malc »

Support our Bill.
This forum would be a less interesting read without Bill's contribution. Some others don't understand what he is on about. For example "Mene, Mene, Tekel u-Pharsin" - a brilliant contribution that had many of us searching our reference books (as BJ would expect us to do to get source information). Keep up the good work, Bill, by lightening with your humour and enlightening, with your knowledge and experience, our forum.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Crikey! And there's me sat waiting for the AA whilst all this was going on.....It's worse than missing a good punch up!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Big Dai wrote:Crikey! And there's me sat waiting for the AA whilst all this was going on.....It's worse than missing a good punch up!
But you are getting the replays Big Dai!!

:smt006
Still keeping the faith!
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

Big Dai, I know things might seem bad, but do you really need the AA to get you off the booze? After all, the only way to watch Tigers on a Friday night is through the bottom of a beer glass.
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

Can we have a "like" button on posts please ? :smt041 :smt035 :smt023