Who Plays 10 next week?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Who Plays 10 next week?

Post by smalldell »

Ford - Must use him to get him into the swing of things some would say and Newcastle might be the ideal game.

12T's - RC's least favourite player it seems...has to at least be on the bench to cover 10 and 12....in theory!!!!!

Staunton - Reliable.....

What do you think?
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Who Plays 10 next week?

Post by kingol22 »

I would start with Ford presuming Flood goes to England. We shouldnt really need a steady player at 10 to beat newcastle at home.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Newcastle is another banana skin. They've just beaten LI with an improved performance. We need a cool head here....anyway Ford might well have to start, which then raises the intrigue factor - will RC choose Staunton or 12T?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kingol22 wrote:I would start with Ford presuming Flood goes to England. We shouldnt really need a steady player at 10 to beat newcastle at home.
So Staunton will start?

12T is in purdah!

:smt017
Still keeping the faith!
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Presuming Flood goes to England (IMO Youngs, Flood, Tuilagi, Lawes and Dowson will be on the bench with Dickson, Hodgson, Barritt, Botha and Morgan selected ahead of them) I would start with Ford, with Staunton on the bench. I doubt we will see Billy again, in his RL interview Cockers mentioned that Forsyth could step up into the centres next week with no mention of Billy. IMO it was Billy's article in the Telegraph (I think), where he had a right go at Cockers and O'Connor, that ended his Leicester career.

I'd also start Mullipola ahead of White and Newby somewhere in the backrow, he was superb when he came on.
Broadstaff

Post by Broadstaff »

Don't think 12T should play fly half next week (have always thought Staunton was better in that position and I honestly don't know enough about Ford), and if Flood isn't with England he should keep in his place in my opinion. But does anybody know what the story is with 12T at the moment? Is he dropped for disciplinary reasons, is he dropped because others are playing better, is he injured or is he being kept back and free from injury for the big (hopefully) end of season games?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Broadstaff wrote: is he dropped because others are playing better, is he injured or is he being kept back and free from injury for the big (hopefully) end of season games?
Would suspect he is dropped because his face does not fit and he has done the unthinkable and accepted a better contract.
Still keeping the faith!
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

I have a feeling if Flood does not make the England starting 15 then he won't be on the bench (with OF on the pitch he acts as the replacement 10). I think BB will start with Manu and OF will be on the bench next Saturday so I think Flood will come back to us. Also think Lancaster would prefer Flood to get a full 80 for Tigers than warm a bench so if it does all fall apart against Wales Flood is closer to match fit for the following week.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Will S wrote:I have a feeling if Flood does not make the England starting 15 then he won't be on the bench (with OF on the pitch he acts as the replacement 10). I think BB will start with Manu and OF will be on the bench next Saturday so I think Flood will come back to us. Also think Lancaster would prefer Flood to get a full 80 for Tigers than warm a bench so if it does all fall apart against Wales Flood is closer to match fit for the following week.
I agree. He doesn't look ready for a start, and would probably be wasted on the bench.
tigerlilly
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tigerlilly »

PM76 do you have a link to Telegraph article to which you refer? I had a quick look on Telegraph website but nothing came up, would be interested to see what was said. Still think it is unwise to not pick a player based solely on them signing elsewhere next season, we still have a fair few games to get through and surely we need all our squad depth for rotation, injury and six nations cover.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

tigerlilly wrote: we still have a fair few games to get through and surely we need all our squad depth for rotation, injury and six nations cover.
You might think that tigerlilly.

I could not possibly comment!

:smt009
Still keeping the faith!
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

tigerlilly wrote:PM76 do you have a link to Telegraph article to which you refer? I had a quick look on Telegraph website but nothing came up, would be interested to see what was said. Still think it is unwise to not pick a player based solely on them signing elsewhere next season, we still have a fair few games to get through and surely we need all our squad depth for rotation, injury and six nations cover.
Just found it on the Guardian website, it's not as bad as I remember it being.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/ja ... and-saxons

Quite a bit is about Billy and the saxons etc. but the one bit stands out for me: "Speak to everyone at Leicester ... there are a lot of frustrations there."
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

tigerlilly wrote:PM76 do you have a link to Telegraph article to which you refer? I had a quick look on Telegraph website but nothing came up, would be interested to see what was said. Still think it is unwise to not pick a player based solely on them signing elsewhere next season, we still have a fair few games to get through and surely we need all our squad depth for rotation, injury and six nations cover.

not 100% sure but it could be this one from the guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/ja ... and-saxons
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Leicester Tigers director of rugby Richard Cockerill: "I was desperate for the lads to go for the drop - probably about 14 times before Geordan finally delivered.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I expect Flood to be on the bench for England, leaving Ford as the prime candidate for the Tigers spot.

On the (now boring) Twelvetrees subject... many of those criticising his absence from the team are the same people who criticise England for picking players simply because they won't be around for the next WC. Shouldn't Tigers plan for next season too, and give game time to players who will be around in the future, rather than those who have placed their commitment elsewhere?