Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ford MUST replace Flood

Post by norfolkexpat »

Never have I been so cross in the last quarter of a match

Flood just didnt want to know-- a complete and total lack of authority

All the commentators condemned him as not having the bottle to structure Leicester's last push.

As for his pathetic attempts at avoiding having to drop the easiest goal ever offered---

He has zero chance of ever playing for England again, and on this performance, Leicester as well. Bring in Ford now, please

Thank the lord for Murphy...
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Ford MUST replace Flood

Post by Darc Tiger »

He has never liked the drop goal. I can't recall him ever getting one!

I thought he had a good first half, but his performance dropped in the 2nd. Not at his best yet. Would like to see Ford given a bit of time off the bench though. Maybe this match was just a bit too high pressure for the lad. If Ford had missed that droppy, then it would have likely tore him up. (Considering he missed 2 against Ex at the start of the season.)
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

That is taking it a bit far never wanting him to play for us again. If you looked at it, GM took the decision as a captain to kick the goal.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

I would think that Flood will still be in the England match squad and Ford will be first choice next week.

I, too, thought that Ford should have been brought on with 20 to go.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fentiger wrote:I, too, thought that Ford should have been brought on with 20 to go.
Only props are substituted (by Cockers) with more than 5 minutes left!

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Flood looks like someone who needs a bit of time away from the game. He will come good again I'm sure but at the moment his mind is just not in the right place. As I posted elsewhere I just hope Tigers have the right sort of support for him.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

This is a relatively recent thing, only a month or so ago he was bossing the team around and looking very confident. Then his place kicking became shocking, bit of an injury.....confidence in pieces by the look of it at times. Horrendous against Exeter, ineffective second half today.
Still think there is little threat from our attack except from Manu. Once agin good forward play takes us forward!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

drc_007 wrote:Flood looks like someone who needs a bit of time away from the game. He will come good again I'm sure but at the moment his mind is just not in the right place. As I posted elsewhere I just hope Tigers have the right sort of support for him.
He needs time to go back to basics and relearn just how to drop , place and kick out of hand. His cop out at the end was truly shocking and Ford should have replaced him with 30 mins to go. :smt013
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
beech

Post by beech »

Sorry Bill but which prop was substituted? I must have missed it. I was pleased to see Newby back - he is a leader we have really missed.
tf22
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

beech wrote:Sorry Bill but which prop was substituted? I must have missed it. I was pleased to see Newby back - he is a leader we have really missed.
Baring injury Cockers only ever routinely substitutes props. And then usually alternatively Cole and Castro. That was to which I was referring.
Still keeping the faith!
Broadstaff

Post by Broadstaff »

Norfolk ex pat - you are very quick to condemn Flood. I would prefer to highlight the leadership from Geordan - how many times have we lacked cool headed leadership at crucial times in the last couple of seasons? Well, today we had it. Flood was part of a real gritty, gutsy team today. No stars on show and it was never going to be pretty given our limitations. That was old fashioned rugby and we got the result that could be critical at the end of the regular season. Front five outstanding. Would have been awful to have lost to the maverick refereeing decision that gave Sarries their last penalty. That said the ref had a good game. Our players don't have a lot of skill, but today they stood up and gave to the cause. So don't, in my opinion, condemn Flood. We all know he has limitations, as do all players, but being a good team compensates for individuals' frailties. The sum is greater than the individual parts.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Mulipola was immense today. About time we had a true ball-carrying prop.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Broadstaff wrote:Norfolk ex pat - you are very quick to condemn Flood. I would prefer to highlight the leadership from Geordan - how many times have we lacked cool headed leadership at crucial times in the last couple of seasons? Well, today we had it. Flood was part of a real gritty, gutsy team today. No stars on show and it was never going to be pretty given our limitations. That was old fashioned rugby and we got the result that could be critical at the end of the regular season. Front five outstanding. Would have been awful to have lost to the maverick refereeing decision that gave Sarries their last penalty. That said the ref had a good game. Our players don't have a lot of skill, but today they stood up and gave to the cause. So don't, in my opinion, condemn Flood. We all know he has limitations, as do all players, but being a good team compensates for individuals' frailties. The sum is greater than the individual parts.
Agree especially about Small's decision: he missed a glaring offside that forced a kick from us, then a superb turn and steal was penalised. But I don't rate his match as highly as you, I thought he was poor.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

How much longer are we going to have to wait for Flood to mature? He is 26 going on 27, if he hasn't matured by now he is never going to. This is has been an ongoing debate for far to long and i m sick and fed up of hearing all the excuses for him.
He was absolutely pathetic in the last quarter, thank god for Murphy! a player with some bottle!
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

Sorry, Broadstaff, Flood is SUPPOSED to be an International Fly Half

He was playing in a Club Match ..!!

Truly shocking--as a previous post called it.