Ford MUST replace Flood

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Ford MUST replace Flood

Post by sapajo »

[quote="Snorbins"]I dont he bottled it, the defense knew what was coming and did their job!
The dementedmole thinks otherwise.

http://dementedmole.com/2012/02/19/murp ... ood-plain/[/quote

Mole has got it spot on ! Anybody else remember TF's missed drop goal attempt to win a home game earlier this season? Cannot remember if this was preceded or succeeded by GF's drop goal miss, likewise at home to win. Common theme here is two games went begging and valuable points lost. You would think then that these shortcomings would have been addressed and rectified? That said, the concensus view is (apart from RC) that the DG was meticulously pre planned and executed. However,it was not no such thing in the final analysis a massive tigers performance was finally cemented by the courage of our inspirational captain. Thank you Geordie you are a true leader and tigers legend :smt054
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

I am with those in defence of Flood. How many times has he saved us with his kicking? Those who criticise his performance yesterday and in particular his apparent "bottling" of the drop kick are talking absolute cr#p. Why? Because none of you were on that field of play for any of the 86 minutes and certainly not for the last 5. No one on this forum has a clue what was spoken between the players unless of course you can lip read from the terraces. If you were watching on TV as I presume the majority were, the camera angle made it impossible to know what was being said. Flood's movement may have been a ploy decided between him and Murphy. There is no rule which says the fly half has to take drop goals.

I am getting fed up with this forum. Most of you pontificate about individuals as if you could do a better job without ever having the experience to back it up.
Why on earth can you not bask in the glory of a well-deserved and hard-earned victory?

There are shades of Goode and Varndell about this thread.

Now I'll sit back and wait for the flak.
Give blood, play rugby!!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

wardy wrote:I am getting fed up with this forum. Most of you pontificate about individuals as if you could do a better job without ever having the experience to back it up. Why on earth can you not bask in the glory of a well-deserved and hard-earned victory?

There are shades of Goode and Varndell about this thread.

Now I'll sit back and wait for the flak.
Well said. I'm in complete agreement with you. If you're interested, I have a spare 'battle bowler'. :smt002
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

[quote="wardy"]I am with those in defence of Flood. How many times has he saved us with his kicking?

Please enlighten me with the number then? Thank you
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Flood bottled it by letting a more experienced and better drop kicker take the kick?

People will stop at nothing to have a go - he's coming back in to form having been out for a while, cut the bloke some slack - the rest of his game was solid and there were some touches of class.
suttyprop
Tiger Cub

Post by suttyprop »

Well said wardy I concur
5m pushover against the head!
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Sapajo,

You obviously haven't seen many matches. You are probably the one person I was having a go at.

Many thanks B.J. but I'm a big boy now.
Give blood, play rugby!!
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I would suggest a few people on here get themselves over the park and try putting a few drop kicks over the posts or perhaps run around for 80 minutes and get your butler to punch you in the ribs a few times, then try it. Better still, do all the above and then try and put a blood soaked ball over with a few rottweilers coming at you!
Cheery chappy
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

[quote="wardy"]Sapajo,

You obviously haven't seen many matches.

True only a season ticket holder for last 2 seasons and ticket buyer 3 seasons prior

You are probably the one person I was having a go at.

Thanks! I take that as a compliment
SpanishTiger

Post by SpanishTiger »

sapajo wrote:
wardy wrote:I am with those in defence of Flood. How many times has he saved us with his kicking?

Please enlighten me with the number then? Thank you
I will enlighten you, but I wont do the work for you. First of all, u must have a really short term memory, like a one month memory or so.

Considering flood has scored 118 penalties for us, 74 conversions and 12 tries, It would be safe to say that some of those penalties were decisive, don't you think? Or the tries.

Just this season alone:

Against Gloucester, first game after the WC: 3 Conversions and 4 pens: 18 points
Against Sale, 1 try, 4 conversions, 3 pens: 19 points.
Against Ulster, 5 pens: 15 points.
(I could go on, but not doing you the dirty work, you can check it yourself)

But hey! Lets roll back one season:
Against bath: 2 tries, 3 conv, 2 pens: 22 points (decisive enough?)
Again against bath: 6 pens and one drop goal, 21 points (enough?)
Against northampton and scarlets, five pens, (17 points, mehhhh right?)

Lets roll back one more season shall we?
Oh wait, he only scored 279 points for us that season, I dont think we will find any decisive ones there.......

And so on......numbers are public, you don't need nobody to enlighten you, u can look it up yourself first, but you won't do it because it will destroy your argument.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

SpanishTiger wrote:
sapajo wrote:
wardy wrote:IAnd so on......numbers are public, you don't need nobody to enlighten you, u can look it up yourself first, but you won't do it because it will destroy your argument.
I do not argue anything, you have done just that. In fact I always express my opinion and viewpoint. Thank you
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

sapajo wrote:
drc_007 wrote:Flood looks like someone who needs a bit of time away from the game. He will come good again I'm sure but at the moment his mind is just not in the right place. As I posted elsewhere I just hope Tigers have the right sort of support for him.
He needs time to go back to basics and relearn just how to drop , place and kick out of hand. His cop out at the end was truly shocking and Ford should have replaced him with 30 mins to go. :smt013
Absolutely! He definitely should have been replaced on the 50-minute mark because of something that happened in the 85th minute...
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

I have to say straight away that I am a Toby Flood fan. His kicking has fallen away somewhat since the World Cup but I put that down to contradictory guidance from England and Tigers coaches. I also admit that his tactical kicking is not up with the best but his handling, timing of passes and general intelligence to his game outweighs that if you are looking for a 10 to challenge the line, rather than sit deep and kick. I know which I prefer!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

What a load of rubbish about Flood lacking bottle or not being able to drop kick. Read what Murphy says! Flood was well marked so I stepped in behind the pack. A captain's decision and as it proved a correct ugly one.

I suppose the moaners would have loved it if the ball had gone to Flood and it was charged down and we lost. That would have added fuel to their call to burn Cockers at the stake and hang Floody.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

My whole point of the criticism aimed at Flood was corroborated by every single pundit on the Television screen

So I am not alone..

He literally FROZE in the last few minutes and there was absolutely no way whatsoever we were going to win with him in the driving seat..!!

If you dont believe me---then re run the video and see for yourselves
It does not make for happy viewing..

In black and white---HE WENT AWOL !!!!!

Sorry, nice lad that he is, he is not an International Fly Half
Pressure gets to him , big time

Who is an International World Class fly half---O'Gara
He stands up to be counted when it matters --even if he tackles worse than me...