Cipriani for tigers ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Cipriani for tigers ?

Post by Tiglon »

Cipriani's biggest flaw: not fitting into the British stereotype of how a rugby player should be. Built up and then knocked back down by our fickle media and public. Since when was being cocky a negative attribute for a sportsman?!

If he was born in Australia, he'd be an international rugby superstar by now.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I doubt it! They value "team" above "me".
Valhalla I am coming!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

fleabane wrote:I doubt it! They value "team" above "me".
Have you heard of Quade Cooper? He's the least team-orientated player rugby has ever seen, but they pick him because they value rugby ability over pre-conceived notions about what kind of personality a rugby player should have.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I would happily see talented players at Tigers, whether Cipriani, Henson or any others. I think we have the lesson of Lote to guide us!
Unfortunately I feel that Tigers would go for Stephen Jones over James Hook, for example. There is currently a certain mind-set.......
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

jgriffin wrote:I would happily see talented players at Tigers, whether Cipriani, Henson or any others. I think we have the lesson of Lote to guide us!
Unfortunately I feel that Tigers would go for Stephen Jones over James Hook, for example. There is currently a certain mind-set.......
Have to agree with that although id like to see Cipriani at Welford road, its the case of playing safe and always taking the safe option which im afraid dictates our play at the moment!
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

jgriffin wrote:I would happily see talented players at Tigers, whether Cipriani, Henson or any others. I think we have the lesson of Lote to guide us!
Just signed Bowden and he is a very skilful ball playing 12 :smt017
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

Will S wrote:
Will he remain so after being coached by O'Conner?
nasher

Post by nasher »

It would be a good thing for the forum (not necessarily for the team) but think of the topics he would generate-
Great play
Poor play
Where is the best night club
Sack Cockerill
Appalling back play
Sack O Connor
Sack the board
The permutations are endless I prefer he did not come to us but stayed in Australia
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

As a club I would of been happy if we had signed Stephen Jones before he went to Clermont, we would of won far more with him at 10, a player much like Louis Deacon, does the same thing week in week out, you can build a team round players like that.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Unfortunately my earlier post responding to Tiglon has been totally redacted.

Here is the gist of it, Tiglon:

Of course I have heard of QC.

However, as a player, I do not recall him being ostracised by two sets of team mates on two separate continents.

The game has plenty of room for awkwardness, in fact it is almost a requirement, but not for the behaviours which have been demonstrated by Cips, and as a result of which, he has got himself into the kind of trouble the club would not expect to see from any potential Tiger.
Valhalla I am coming!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fleabane wrote:The game has plenty of room for awkwardness, in fact it is almost a requirement, but not for the behaviours which have been demonstrated by Cips, and as a result of which, he has got himself into the kind of trouble the club would not expect to see from any potential Tiger.
You do not rate hime then fleabane?

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Not as a Tiger, Bill! :smt002 , although he probably qualifies as a few other things!
Valhalla I am coming!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fleabane wrote:Not as a Tiger, Bill! :smt002 , although he probably qualifies as a few other things!
We better not pursue those!! The mods might get tetchy!!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

D'accord! :smt003
Valhalla I am coming!