Saracens fined for fielding unregistered player

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Saracens fined for fielding unregistered player

Post by maskedsquid »

Saracens have been handed a suspended fine for playing an unregistered player in the LV Cup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/16964196

"Saracens have been handed a suspended £5,000 fine for fielding an ineligble player, Michael Tagicakibau, in their LV= Cup game against Worcester.
The 26-year-old Fiji international wing started Sarries' 41-14 win at Vicarage Road on 29 January despite not being registered to play in the competition.
However, the LV= Cup organising committee accepted that the breach was "due to an administrative oversight".
The Premiership club will not appeal against the punishment."

Apologies if this has been posted, but I couldn't see it anywhere.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Saracens fined for fielding unregistered player

Post by rdracup »

Can happen ... I think we did something similar years ago in another competition.

On Sarries and LV cup will they have to play their now meaningless cancelled fixture. I presume not ... but one less fixture for them and less wear and tear on their squad.... lucky them.
MJB

Post by MJB »

Apparently not. According to Barnes & Co. last night Sarries were awarded a 20 point win. Still didn't make the semi's though :smt003
Rinzler
Tiger Cub

Post by Rinzler »

rdracup wrote:Can happen ... I think we did something similar years ago in another competition.
A few times in fact, the latter when we lost out to Gloucester at the top of the table by that one point. A few seasons before we and Saracens had points deducted for doing the same.