Bath away in LV Cup Semi Final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Bath away in LV= Cup

Post by PM76 »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:I think that since this game will be outside the 6N period all the teams will put out a strong side. Listening to Mallinder Saints are taking this cup seriously. Bath realistically have only this cup to qualify for HC and as for Scarlets they are Welsh and hate the English so will want to put one over any of the other remaining sides (IMHO)
The semis are played on the weekend of 9/10/11 and the final on the 16/17, the last two weekends of the six nations.

As for Cockers and the side he will pick I think he will go all out and pick the strongest available side. It would be nice to see Ford get a chance with a strong pack in front and the likes of Murphy and A. Tuilagi outside him, though. Bath are at pretty much full strength (bar injury) so it will be tough but certainly winnable.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

PM76 wrote:
Smurphswillgetya wrote:
The semis are played on the weekend of 9/10/11 and the final on the 16/17, the last two weekends of the six nations.
Thanks for that PM, I was just going by what the numpties on sky said earlier today and had not checked the fixture list. Despite that I think both Saints and Bath are taking this cup seriously and we should do so as well and put out our strongest side available. The only thing is, of course, that people's opinions of what is the strongest side will differ :smt001
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: LV Cup Semi Finals

Post by Bill W (2) »

kingol22 wrote:Hopefully we will win in Bath and play saints in the final. The only problem is at a capacity of 12,000 sixways is not really big enough for a final.
Saints will not beat Scarlets!! They are their bogey team!!

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Cockers has to win this.

His job is on the line!!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

WiggoTiger wrote:
Smurphswillgetya wrote:Since sixways only holds 12,000 can we get tickets now before the semi's. Bath v Scarlets final could be a try-fest :smt003 :smt003
Probably all sold out by now!! :smt017
Tickets for the final are on sale now. You can buy them from the Worcester site at £20 each.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Final tickets allegedly £10 each and on a BOGOF for the first 1000.
Not great is it - smallish stadium - particularly if we make it! - and probability of no chance for tickets by the time we know we're through! Aagh :smt022
Tigers - true Champions!
Glan
Tiger Cub

Post by Glan »

jack wrote:Re: LV Cup Semi Finals
Final tickets allegedly £10 each and on a BOGOF for the first 1000.
Not great is it - smallish stadium - particularly if we make it! - and probability of no chance for tickets by the time we know we're through! Aagh
source?

do we purchase tickets from the club as i cannot find information on the warriors site.
tigerben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerben »

jack wrote:Final tickets allegedly £10 each and on a BOGOF for the first 1000.
Not great is it - smallish stadium - particularly if we make it! - and probability of no chance for tickets by the time we know we're through! Aagh :smt022
Going by items in the News Archive section of the Gloucester Website there is an allocation given to each of the finalists.

2011 (Franklins Gardens) - Allocation of 5,400 (approx 37% of capacity) Article

2010 (Sixways) - Allocation of just under 4,000 (approx 33% of capacity) Article
Leicester Football Club.
First Back to Back European Champions.
First Club to win an Away Guiness Premiership Play-off Semi-Final.
British by Birth - Welsh by the Grace of God
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Glan wrote:source?

do we purchase tickets from the club as i cannot find information on the warriors site.
I went straight to them on the Worcester site. Go to 'Tickets' followed by 'Buy Tickets Online' and the LV final is the second entry on the list.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt024 :smt024

Leicester have every chance of getting a win at the Rec in the LV Semi-Final and it was great to see Toby get some game time last weekend against Newcastle. Is it me? or is just a tad chilly in all parts today.
Philip J Gray
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Just looked on the LV= website and we are playing Bath Away on Friday the 9th KO 19:30.
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Just looked on the LV= website and we are playing Bath Away on Friday the 9th KO 19:30.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

watsonjm wrote:Just looked on the LV= website and we are playing Bath Away on Friday the 9th KO 19:30.
It's on the Sky Sports website too. Sky covering the match on SS3, with the second semi final on Sky on Sunday 11th. That'll kill off a lot, if not all/most, of Tigers' supporters who might've've attended the match if it were on the Sat or Sun. I foresee travel to Bath on a Friday night, after work for many, impossible/unrealistic. Unless of course fans take the friday off work, if able.

6N matches on 10th (Wales Vs Italy & Ireland Vs Scotland) and 11th (France Vs England) March. We're at home to Gloucester on Sunday 4th March giving us 4 days (3 realistically?) to prepare/recover/rest players (unless Cockers really does use the 'development' aspect.) Bath get an extra day as they play Worcester on Sat 3rd. Although to be balanced I guess if (when :smt002 ) we beat Bath in the semi we get an extra 2 days (nearly) to recover for the final a week later than the teams playing on Sunday.

More Friday night madness eh?!?!
Last edited by WhitecapTiger on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
watsonjm wrote:Just looked on the LV= website and we are playing Bath Away on Friday the 9th KO 19:30.
It's on the Sky Sports website too. Sky covering the match on SS3, with the second semi final on Sky on Sunday 11th. That'll kill off a lot, if not all/most, of Tigers' supporters who might've've attended the match if it were on the Sat or Sun. I foresee travel to Bath on a Friday night, after work for many, impossible/unrealistic. Unless of course fans take the friday off work, if able.

6N matches on 10th (Wales Vs Italy & Ireland Vs Scotland) and 11th (France Vs England) March. We're at home to Gloucester on Sunday 4th March giving us 4 days (3 realistically?) to prepare/recover/rest players (unless Cockers really does use the 'development' aspect. Bath get an extra day as they play Worcester on Sat 3rd.

More Friday night madness eh?!?!
Gutted about this as was really looking forward to another trip down to the Rec. Cant get it off work so completely stuffed.
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

We're at home to Gloucester on Sunday 4th March giving us 4 days (3 realistically?) to prepare/recover/rest players
Additionally, Bath don't have anything to play for in the Premiership (no real hope of top 6, but clear of relegation?), so to some extent they can sacrifice the Aviva for the LV. IMHO Bath will play a strong side. Interesting to see what side Tigers field - in part I guess this will depend on how the 6-nations affected Aviva games go. If we remain in a strong position in the league, then likely to be the same blend of 'youth & experience' we saw at Quins?