Cockerill's future

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Cockerill's future

Post by norfolkexpat »

As one of our more pessismistic scribes, it gives me no joy to inform you that the Management, remembering the Deano sacking , are content to carry on with RC

And , although I find this hard to believe, they also feel that O'Connor is up to scratch

Presumably ( I am assuming here) the reasoning is the corporate excuses spieled out recently
1--Heineken Cup isnt a level playing field
2--The Salary Cap
3-The World Cup.
4-Injuries

I do have it on good authority that the form after the World Cup is cash in the Bank for Cockerill
So the fact we are a world away from where we once were, is irrelevant, apparantly.
God help us...!!
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Cockerill's future

Post by mike »

Madness .Perhaps when the season ticket renewals go down they might think a little .
Panda

Post by Panda »

Madness indeed. What point exactly is there in changing the coaching team now, mid season.

The players will remain the same
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

What point is there going on as we are?
There is no good time to change the coaching staff.
Frankly there is not too much wrong with the players if they
were properly lead and coached.
The fault lies directly with the DOR.

Make GM player coach until a top quality chap is appointed.
Make Parling Captain until the new regime is in place.

Most of all get a world class coach in. Urgently.
A life long Tiger
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

The injuries argument is interesting. We are told that our high number of injuries, especially at the start of the season, are because we train so hard, but the regime prepares us for a lengthy season, in which we are strong at the end. Hhhmmm. So many injuries are of our own making? Possibly!

The WC excuse is a horny old one, rolled out every 4 years. And we haven't thought of a solution yet??? Have we seen Cockerill on the pitch b*ll*cking players after a match before this season? Who is responsible for instilling commitment and pride before a match?

HC. How many tries did we put past Aironi in 2 matches? What happened at home against ASM Clermont? Have we played with inventiveness, vision, tactical awareness, commitment. In any competition?

Salary Cap boo-hoo! We don't like it, but we've got it. The sc does not explain our dire first half at home against Aironi, or any number of indifferent performances during the season. No team has all it's first choice players available all the time but they cope. Better than us? Our problem has particularly the failure to have a proper backup at 10 for the last 2, or even 3 seasons. To fail to resolve this in WC year is nothing short of negligent. Too many ineffective signings, too much cover in some positions, none in others. I wonder where that buck stops?

I suppose that since we don't have to worry about Europe next year, in any shape or form, we can expect to see the Premiership and LV Cups in the trophy cabinet in May 2013? Assuming the reasoning given in norfokexpat's post are correct.
Valhalla I am coming!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

norfolkexpat wrote:As one of our more pessismistic scribes, it gives me no joy to inform you that the Management, remembering the Deano sacking , are content to carry on with RC

And , although I find this hard to believe, they also feel that O'Connor is up to scratch

!
I find both of these hard to believe.

So much so I do not believe them.

If they are indeed true then the Peters should both resign along with the rest of the Board.
Still keeping the faith!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Panda wrote:Madness indeed. What point exactly is there in changing the coaching team now, mid season.

The players will remain the same
Have those players lost faith in their coaches?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Oh well, perhaps the happy clappers are right and the stuff I'm seeing is an illusion borne out of my ignorance since I haven't played international rugby. Mind you, if you were the Board, you would definitely not sack them till the off season, then bring in the coaches you've had lined up since December.....
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

mike wrote:Madness .Perhaps when the season ticket renewals go down they might think a little .
So no time soon. Last I heard over 5000 ST had already been sold for next year.
palletman

Post by palletman »

The previous postings sum things up in general. I for one have said from first game of the season that the COACHING side of things just aint good enough. Yes there all the problems rolled out as usual and to a degree they are correct BUT certain players on the pitch this season just aint delivered. Sorry but they seem to freeze at the viatl moment BUT last year palyed and performed very well.
The club tinkered with the coachs set up and to me its all gone down hill, so much so that the first half yesterday was a joke performance, but it has been coming all season. The coaches seem to be AWOL when players need winding up on the pitch, not in the dressing room. I hate knocking what have been good management but the team look and play like they have no idea at times, at other times we play very well BUT we have been found wanting too many times.
I have mentioned before how Liverpool FC stuck by Roy Hodgson for two long and now they are paying for it,Tigers to me are doing the same by staying quirt and not being seen to take action ot be concerned.
Perhaps a plan is in place for the future and if so the sooner it actions the better.My ideal team would be Johnno and Deanno and that is in my opinion a team to get results. Sorry if some people find the thought of Deanno coming back unacceptable but to me he has served his time.
Tigers Eye

Post by Tigers Eye »

fleabane wrote:? Who is responsible for instilling commitment and pride before a match?
That would be the players yes? You cannot bring that line out and just put the blame firmly at cockers feet, the players have to take a portion of the blame in that respect.
PAW

Post by PAW »

So lets be clear. If the posters on here were to get their way;

We should only have young players but we need experience
We lose too many player to the WC / Autumns / 6N but dont want SH players
We must finish top 2 / dont care if we end as low as 11th (seriously - read through the posts)
The players cant catch and keep running into each which is the coaches fault?
Billy told Cockers he was staying on Monday but then sent his agent in on Wed to say he had signed elsewhere (which seems to be Cockers fault)

Perfectly clear Cockers cant win
:smt017
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I suspect it is becoming perfectly clear that RC is covering his back.
What you should find disturbing is long term fans getting disillusioned.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tigers Eye wrote:
fleabane wrote:? Who is responsible for instilling commitment and pride before a match?
That would be the players yes? You cannot bring that line out and just put the blame firmly at cockers feet, the players have to take a portion of the blame in that respect.
If it is the players fault that Cockers is unable to instill committment and pride in them before a match then clearly he (Cockers) has recruited the wrong players!!

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Still keeping the faith!
PAW

Post by PAW »

....or perhaps they are just just feeling we have a right to win trophies no matter what we are up against.