Post by sapajo »

That is really bad news :smt022
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Billy's off...

Post by Granby »

Well, it will cut down the number of posts on here by a half!

Things get worse though - Cockers says we are now looking to recruit ex-internationals from the SH - http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/s ... story.html?
Eon

Post by Eon »

It's a good choice.

Our former players (Balding. Deacon jnr) tend to do well there) and it's a proper Rugby Club.

(sniff)
SpanishTiger

Post by SpanishTiger »

As stupid and unwise move by the Tigers as it gets, assuming he didnt ask for the moon and the stars (obviously we dont know the insight of the negotiations).
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Definately a shame to see Billy go but he clearly wants first team rugby, which Cockers can't or won't guarantee him. It doesn't take a genius to work out he prefers Allen. It's clearly sad to see Billy go but only time will tell if it was right to choose AA at IC rather than Billy. Slightly disappointing that Billy didn't want to stay and fight for his place but given his treatment it's understandable.
Granby wrote:Well, it will cut down the number of posts on here by a half!

Things get worse though - Cockers says we are now looking to recruit ex-internationals from the SH - http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/s ... story.html?
I'm not convinced that's a bad thing, look at Ulster Afoa, Muller, Wannenberg and Piennar made a real difference, all of them test players. Tigers very rarely sign current test players anyway, the odd Aussie back or SA forward who would be here all year could be a massive boost.
Last edited by PM76 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

He is going because of lack of opportunities as reported in the Rugby paper last week and i cant say i blame him, good luck to the lad!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Will Cockerill still be around at the end of the season to make these recruitment decisions? if Tigers get rid of him then he's not gonna be recruiting anyone is he?
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Disappointing that in a position where we have 2 excellent players, one decides he doesn't want the competition.

Looks as though the squad will be very different next season! Coaches too?
Valhalla I am coming!
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

What a disaster and a real indictment of how back play is handled by Tigers.
IMHO, 12T has the potential to be a world class no 12 in a Will Greenwood mold but Cockerill and the coaches have failed in bringing out the potential as they have if the whole of our backline. Next ones going will be Manu and Flood.
I find this an incredibly depressing period as there appears to be a complete lack of direction and leadership both at the corporate level and the playing level. As I have said many times before, I fear that ground dvelopment has had a wider effect than just bringing in a nice new stand!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

bc, I agree with you, except that I don't believe the ground development has anything to do with our problems of lack of direction as far as the rugby is concerned. Wheelbrace, Cohen and Cockerill have not been involved with the ground development; this was the responsibility of David Clayton and Charles (?) on a day to day basis.
Valhalla I am coming!
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

Without Alex or Billy and with Smurph reaching the end we are going to have to recruit very well. As it stands we will have a backline with Manu as the only game changer.
Cockers favouring the broadsword over the rapier again.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Disappointing. You can understand his decision though and wants to play with future England players such as Burns Sharples and May.

It may also be an acknowledgement by tigers that he will be playing for England soon just how much will his employers get to see of him.
covrich

Post by covrich »

We get rid of one of the smaller few players we have who can get the backline moving.

Problem is, unless injuries have handed him a starting spot. He has had to always play second fiddle.

Big Loss
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Just maybe with Andy Forsyth (who I personally rate as better than Billy) and Alex Lewington continuing to impress in development, Tigers see little point in promising Billy something they can't deliver ie: maximum game time?