Billy's off...

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Billy's off...

Post by Tigerbeat »

Gloucester Rugby can confirm this morning after much media speculation that Leicester Tigers centre Billy Twelvetrees will be moving to Kingsholm for the 2012-13 season.

Twelvetrees, who is currently with the England Saxons squad preparing for their fixture against the Irish Wolfhounds on Saturday afternoon will be linking up with his new club team mates when preseason training commences in June.

Twelvetrees himself confirmed that he’s looking forward to the future challenge but confirmed his immediate commitment to the Tigers.

"I'm incredibly grateful to everyone at the Tigers for the role they've played in helping me to get to this point in my career and, of course, all the support from the fans I’ve had over the last three years.

"It's not been an easy decision to make but I am looking forward to joining Gloucester in the summer and being part of what is shaping up to be an incredibly talented young English back line.

"In the meantime though, I'll be fully committed to helping make the rest of the season as successful as possible for Leicester."
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
shedhead1

Post by shedhead1 »

Shedhead 1 here

Welcome 36 to Castle Grim but you will need to give 150% Im afraid. Heres looking forward to seeing you play with Burns/Sharples/May/Trinder/Ryan Mills and Sinbad :smt038

Bob
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

You won't have any worries about 12trees shedhead .He's a good player already and with a bit of encouragement will do a really good job for you . Most Tigers fans will be very sad to see him go .
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

A little insight into why he's off. Interview from the Indy.

http://tinyurl.com/74lvhcg

Misunderstanding?
Valhalla I am coming!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Miscommunication?

Do you mean Billy, that you told RC one thing on Monday, then changed your mind and got your agent to phone RC to tell him you were leaving? I would say that is cowardess, not miscommunication but I still wish him the very best of luck at Gloucester.

Let's hope he does reach the England set-up, it may be the only way he gets to play at HQ.
Always a Tiger
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

And the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/ja ... and-saxons

"It's always interesting to hear what Cockers says. In the heat of the moment maybe there was a bit of miscommunication but there's a difference between wanting to play for Leicester and actually doing it. Speak to everyone at Leicester ... there are a lot of frustrations there. I wanted to stay but I wasn't going to get the opportunities I'll hopefully have with Gloucester. I asked [Leicester] if I'd be playing and didn't get the answer I wanted."
Always a Tiger
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

I've always relished the creative side of rugby: I love working out how we can find a way around opponents.
That must be why he is not wanted at Tigers, except as a back-up in emergency. And also why he will soon become an established England international at Gloucester.
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

bluntiger wrote:And the Guardian:

... Speak to everyone at Leicester ... there are a lot of frustrations there. ..."
Worrying - that sounds like more than Twelvetrees not being happy in the Leicester squad. And with the Mercury reckoning there are "10 or more" players leaving at the end of the season, looks like we are in for some wholesale change for 2012/13. Just hope it is for the good.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

And will the causes, rather than the symptoms of the frustration be addressed, and if so, by whom?
Valhalla I am coming!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fleabane wrote:And will the causes, rather than the symptoms of the frustration be addressed, and if so, by whom?

Yes. By the Peters. But how soon?

:smt017
Still keeping the faith!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

So the speculation as to why 12T left which was trashed by some on the forum is shown to be correct and exact - no prospects, and he's not the only one?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Pete wrote:And also why he will soon become an established England international at Gloucester.
Like Vesty did going to Bath?
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

I am really sorry to see him go, but I think he will struggle to get into a Gloucester back division that looks as good as anything in the premiership!
If the guy isn't happy, whether it's money or first team opportunities, then he should go.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Bowden Tiger wrote:I am really sorry to see him go, but I think he will struggle to get into a Gloucester back division that looks as good as anything in the premiership!
If the guy isn't happy, whether it's money or first team opportunities, then he should go.
Agree, although I would hold back on the'struggle'. Wait and see.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

jgriffin wrote:So the speculation as to why 12T left which was trashed by some on the forum is shown to be correct and exact - no prospects, and he's not the only one?
All I see is that the things Cockerill said about Billy's departure were true.