No Change Management = Then Plan to fail ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: No Change Management = Then Plan to fail ?

Post by tig1 »

I think the club have done a terrific job, and the debate here is what is the next step to ensure the future is as bright as the past.

Sarances, Wasps, LI and Sale dont have their own grounds. Bath have been trying for years to try and sort out their ground.

The club made a big decision to stay and develop Welford Road and the Cat Stand has been an excellent first step in that.

The club has always faced big decisions with the team management in the past with Bob Dwyer, Lafredda, John Wells and Deano, and given the success they have had they deserve some trust from the supporters to make the right decisions going forward.
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

Change management is normally used as a tool for high level blame storming sessions.

What is criminal in business is setting yourself down a path, and not analysing the results and acting on that analysis. When things go wrong, you have to be fluid enough to change.

What the board have set in motion with regards to upgrading the stadium and the infrastructure at the club is superb, and should be recognised as such. Where they have (IMHO) failed, and continue to fail is not realising that the resources they have set in key positions are not capable of delivering the vision that they have.

The club year on year has brilliant financial results (which most other clubs would beg for), but, I fear that we have set down the path that Quins and Stains did. They put business above what happened on the pitch. Quins and Stains got relegated because of this. I don't think this will ever happen to us, but I do feel the signs are already visible and have been for 20 months of our decline.
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Dave', let your imagination flow old chap!!
Yes I just had another vision.
Sonny Bill in the Tigers stripes stepping inside his man and offloading to Manu who runs over an aging BOD then puts Smith in to score the winning try to lift the H.C.
Fantastic!
Cheery chappy
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

What is criminal in business is setting yourself down a path, and not analysing the results and acting on that analysis. When things go wrong, you have to be fluid enough to change.

Thank heavens at last phew :smt035
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

The Boy Dave wrote:Sonny Bill in the Tigers stripes stepping inside his man and offloading to Manu who runs over an aging BOD then puts Smith in to score the winning try to lift the H.C.
Fantastic!
The Boy Dave for backs coach, it'll work!
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

The Boy Dave wrote:
Dave', let your imagination flow old chap!!
Yes I just had another vision.
Sonny Bill in the Tigers stripes stepping inside his man and offloading to Manu who runs over an aging BOD then puts Smith in to score the winning try to lift the H.C.
Fantastic!
Unfortunately i think he is back off to league with the Roosters from 2013. 1 myn aussie dollars per season. Which is about 700,000 pounds.
It kind of puts the salary cap discussions into perspective !
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

1 myn aussie dollars per season. Which is about 700,000 pounds.
Also fits perfectly with his nickname amongst my friends and I - "Money Bill Williams"
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

adamv6 wrote:Change management is normally used as a tool for high level blame storming sessions.

What the board have set in motion with regards to upgrading the stadium and the infrastructure at the club is superb, and should be recognised as such. Where they have (IMHO) failed, and continue to fail is not realising that the resources they have set in key positions are not capable of delivering the vision that they have.

The club year on year has brilliant financial results (which most other clubs would beg for), but, I fear that we have set down the path that Quins and Stains did. They put business above what happened on the pitch. Quins and Stains got relegated because of this. I don't think this will ever happen to us, but I do feel the signs are already visible and have been for 20 months of our decline.
I'd agree with that. There are a lot of right aspects to Tigers, and nothing wrong that can't be put right BUT the cloud on the horizon is the recognition that something needs putting right.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Wasps are genuinely in crisis - fact.
So you have heard Varndell is out injured for the rest of the season! :smt002
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I'll edit that, there are some permanently miserable people around!
Last edited by The Boy Dave on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cheery chappy
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

The problem with Internet forums is that they fall very short of the Habermas ideal. You get a very small number of people presenting personal opinion as fact or the opinion of the masses. Tigers forum has about 7000 members - but there are probably 10 - 15 that account for nearly all the posts. I'm not saying posters are right or wrong but I wouldnt expect an organisation to act on the outpourings of people on a forum.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Are we not confusing management & coaching.

Managers/director of rugby is not management - it's a coaching role. A bit of man-management but not really managment in the business sense.

I'm sure some principles that apply to business apply to coaching as they do to many aspects of life. Just because they have been given a spin into business speak doesn't mean they are new ideas.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I'm depressed reading this, same as I was depressed last Friday evening. However, in between I've been quite cheery, because it's only a game and on Saturday afternoon I'll be back on the Crumbie expecting to possibly see the best game I've ever seen, and if I don't, I'm sure I will next time!
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

We're saved! Wonderful business theory to the rescue! :smt017
Tigers - true Champions!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

jack wrote:We're saved! Wonderful business theory to the rescue! :smt017

Brilliant! Change management is indeed only a theory if you are in denial that change is inevitable,constant and everything is subjected to it. Ignorance is well and truly bliss :smt015
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity