Is it time to thank Cockers for his efforts? - Part 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Is it time to thank Cockers for his efforts? - Part 2

Post by TigerCam »

After last night's performance - thanks RC and MOC, Peter Tom now lets get someone in who can get this team back where it should be - at the top.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Is it time to thank Cockers for his efforts? - Part 2

Post by Bristol Tiger »

I'd at least settle for a team that played with pride, passion and heart and gave their all for 80 minutes.

I can live with defeat, the manner of last night's defeat was gutting.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Matt O'Connors position is now untenable, our back line has been poor for longer than just this season.

As for Cockers he is a Forwards Coach not a DOR.

MOC to go now, new DOR for next season, I'd keep Cockers as Forwards Coach but whether he'd take the demotion is another matter.

Think Wheeler & Cohen should think about their positions as well.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
divingrob

Post by divingrob »

This was always going to be a tricky season and RC and his team were going to be judged on their HC campaign. Now we will be out of the top 6 seeded teams next season. Thank you Richard but you have done a good job but not quite good enough.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

It's hard to disagree with Wayne RFC, (except perhaps over Cohen, who sorts out contracts and deals after Cockerill has identified which positions he wants to fill, the scouts and Cohen have identified possibles to fill them, and Cockerill & Co have made their pick).

:smt009
Valhalla I am coming!
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

I have said elsewhere that I thought RC had done enough to keep his position and we should give him till May to see what direction we are going in.

I was expecting to lose in Ulster but not like that.

As a result of last night I do think RC has to go. The Board can make the change in June though... maybe when the England set up is clear... There may be more available then and over the summer.

I do not think we will win the AP but I don't think a change now will make much of a difference ... the 4 6N games will be what they will be ... then 7 more games at max. Lets get the right person ... not ditch quickly then look around.

Deano (with Oz?) anyone ... 33-0 was the nail in Deano's coffin .. 41-7 will be the same for RC.. what symetry to bring Deano back to give him the chance many thought he should have had back then.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

There's always the assumption that it's the manager/coaches fault,if players cant' catch/tackle/kick or pass,do they not shoulder some of the responsibility?.............just a thought that maybe some of our players aren't playing quite as well as they might after yesterdays performance.Or maybe they played as well as they can,just wasn't quite enough and our expectations are higher than reality suggests they should be.
It would seem that a lot of the current squad may not be around next season,maybe we should just thank them for their efforts rather than crucifying everyone.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Why call for the coaches to be sacked. Yesterday's performance was down to the players. People go on about the backs and never have a word said against the pack. Yesterday our 1-9 simply did not play. With the exception of Parling the pack was taken apart in the loose and breakdown. Their forwards came at pace, ours took the ball standing still. At the breakdown they turned us over too easily. Forwards win games, ours were awful!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

If it was a one-off performance we could blame the players. But it wasn't.
For three or four years Tigers have found it difficult to win important matches against good sides with forwards to match ours.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Pete, you are absolutely correct. Plenty on here have been saying for some time that the cracks have been getting papered over.
palletman

Post by palletman »

Been coming all season, said from first game of season that Management just not good enough. To all those who knocked me then just look where we are. Sorry but it shows on the pitch. Someone should have seen this coming and done something about it.
What with the team performance and the PUBLIC catering shambles at times the CLUB is in a mess. Please will someone stand up and be counted. Situation can not carry on, both on and off the pitch.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

If Tigers fail to qualify for the Heineken Cup then I would expect to see Cockers job on the line.

If you put yourself in his position, he had all his players lined up in preparation for the season, knowing that it would be a difficult time during the World Cup. The World Cup period was a disaster on paper and Tigers suffered.

Upon the return of the World Cup players, Tigers have climbed the table and currently sit in the top four. People have been calling for RC to give game time to the younger players, Harrison and Ford. Harrison has taken his opportunity and is now challenging for a name on the team sheet each week. Ford has struggled and been wanting.

Injuries have come at a bad time, Parling, Deacon, Crane, Flood, Manu, Brookes, Kitchener, Skivington, Allen, Ayerza and he has not been able to play a settled team. Also, Waldrom was not in the plan to go to the World Cup but found an English granny in his family!!

With all the players available, Tigers are good enough to challenge any team but when you have players playing out of position, it does not make things easy.

Ulster were excellent last night and have an excellent home record. On another point, The Irish and Welsh teeams do not have to worry much about qualification for the Heineken as the teams are alsmost guaranteed before the season even begins, to qualify. They are able to rest some of their key players and are more fresh for the big games. The salary cap limits the squad sizes and the French gain an advantage here.

Cockers has been very unlucky and I hope that he is given the time.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
SpanishTiger

Post by SpanishTiger »

Last three years in the HC cup:

Lost against Leinster
Lost against Ospreys away
Lost against Perpignan away
Lost against Clermont away x2
Lost against Ulster away

Draw against Ospreys at home
Draw against Perpignan at home

Won Ulster at home
Won Clermont at home x2

That's the balance guys, I think is clear enough.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

The whole club from top to bottom needs looking at, from the catering - who would have thought members no longer using bars/food outlets before & after game. The shop not stocking basic Tiger items!! The team not performing to the level we expect.
Some changes in direction needed to get this club back on track!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

What with the team performance and the PUBLIC catering shambles at times the CLUB is in a mess

This web site continuing outages is sadly a case that proves this point. :smt018 :smt018
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity