Is it time to thank Cockers for his efforts? - Part 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Re: Is it time to thank Cockers for his efforts? - Part 2

Post by POSTIGER »

We've been in decline for the last 2 years - time to go.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Why was it when after the Aironi away debacle when I posted part 1 of this debate I was slagged off and was told what sort of Tiger am I. The proofs in the pudding HC gone yet again and as Spanish Tiger posted we have been atrocious over the last 3 years.
I hope all the posters who questioned my commitment to TIGERS realise I saw this coming months ago. Its been sloppy and poor for years.

I am so gutted that my club has fallen this far over 5 years. :smt022 :smt022
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I am so gutted that my club has fallen this far over 5 years.

Me to! the leaves were rustling now a gale is blowing, this ill wind signals its now time for change and action. Us supporters cannot do this but the clubs board and coaching staff can. Please, we implore you to act decisively now and save our great club. :smt010 :smt011 :smt009 :smt013 :smt012
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

WiggoTiger wrote:Why was it when after the Aironi away debacle when I posted part 1 of this debate I was slagged off and was told what sort of Tiger am I. The proofs in the pudding HC gone yet again and as Spanish Tiger posted we have been atrocious over the last 3 years.
I hope all the posters who questioned my commitment to TIGERS realise I saw this coming months ago. Its been sloppy and poor for years.

I am so gutted that my club has fallen this far over 5 years. :smt022 :smt022
Because it was after one pool game with a team which had hardly played together all season because of World Cup and injury. It may have been poor but it was premature to say 'we're out of Europe' after the first game. If you'd posted that thread this week, I doubt you'd have had the same response. If you'd posted a thread saying 'that was a bit of a disappointment against the Italians, if we don't improve we won't get through to the quarters' you'd also probably have had a different response.
Zdzislaw

Post by Zdzislaw »

Hang on......in the last five years (seasons) we saw Tigers at 5 Premiership Finals (winning 2)and a european final. That's the best record in the premiership. OK, not as good as the Deano era when Tigers won the HC back to back and 4 consecutive championships, but a club cannot win all the time.

Every time Tigers have recruited from `outside' it has failed. Stick with RC but get a backs coach. Sadly, we may see declining attendances meantime.

The club need to address the catering and retail-outlet shambles, and improve matchday experience.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Any realistic suggestions on who should take over?

I don't think changing now will help. Let's finish this season and then decide where to go
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Zdzislaw wrote:Hang on......in the last five years (seasons) we saw Tigers at 5 Premiership Finals (winning 2)and a european final. That's the best record in the premiership. OK, not as good as the Deano era when Tigers won the HC back to back and 4 consecutive championships, but a club cannot win all the time.

Every time Tigers have recruited from `outside' it has failed. Stick with RC but get a backs coach. Sadly, we may see declining attendances meantime.

The club need to address the catering and retail-outlet shambles, and improve matchday experience.
Sort the stuttering team out might help create an atmosphere :smt017
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
SpanishTiger

Post by SpanishTiger »

Zdzislaw wrote:Hang on......in the last five years (seasons) we saw Tigers at 5 Premiership Finals (winning 2)and a european final. That's the best record in the premiership. OK, not as good as the Deano era when Tigers won the HC back to back and 4 consecutive championships, but a club cannot win all the time.

I think you make a balance view, but unfortunately, even when we can not win every year (realistically) we should seek that no matter what, and label anything else as a failure. You see, these days getting into the final must be labeled as an ok season. Next, it might be getting in the play-offs. Before you now it, the club, the players and the supporters settle for anything. That is how great clubs fade away, I might have been a little extreme with my example but i wanted to make a point. Last night at Ulster was the example: we waived the white flag. I can take a bad day at the office, i can take others playing better and I can take things not going our way. But the players acting like they didnt want to play, that, I have never ever seen that from a Leicester team. I cant remember the 33-0, others might be able to tell me, but Im betting they kept coming at Ulster like the game was still up for it.

Go through other teams forums, the thing that surprise them the most was the attitude that we showed. Some said that they had seen us lose before, but with dignity and pride, even if the score was ample.
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

IMHO no. The principal responsibility for the performance on Friday lies with the players: high performance teams sometimes fail no matter what the coach does. In truth, we were always going to struggle with a stand-in at 10 and a 12 on his wayback from a layoff, and Ulster had a great night. Tigerbeat is right, Cockers will only go if Tigers fail to qualify for the HC.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Expectations are always going to be set high. At the end of the day you should be a realist and sit down and analyse the final achievement. The minimum expectation for Tigers this season would be to qualify for next seasons Heineken Cup.

If a workman is given all the tools to do the job and fails to achieve the expectations, then the decision is fairly clear cut. Cockerill has not had all the players at his disposal to play a settled team and has consistently had to switch players out of position.

I hate losing and am disappointed for days after any loss. I am sure that Tigers will come through this and achieve qualification for next years HC.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Tigerbeat, you are constantly full of excuses!
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

And often correct
Tigaz

Post by Tigaz »

This season was always aoing to be hard, with the world cup and six nations. on top of all that you get injuries. i think cockers has managed the team as best as he can.

it might not be the best rugby we have seen, but we just need to get a fully fit first choice 15 on the pitch.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

kend wrote:IMHO no. The principal responsibility for the performance on Friday lies with the players: high performance teams sometimes fail no matter what the coach does. In truth, we were always going to struggle with a stand-in at 10 and a 12 on his wayback from a layoff, and Ulster had a great night. Tigerbeat is right, Cockers will only go if Tigers fail to qualify for the HC.
Totally agree. Only the players on the pitch to blame and they should be making it up to the fans for the rest of the season!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
arickett

Post by arickett »

SpanishTiger wrote:Last three years in the HC cup:

Lost against Leinster
Lost against Ospreys away
Lost against Perpignan away
Lost against Clermont away x2
Lost against Ulster away

Draw against Ospreys at home
Draw against Perpignan at home

All clubs with double or more the buget

Won Ulster at home
Won Clermont at home x2

That's the balance guys, I think is clear enough.