Silver Member

If you can't wait for the EPS, here it is

Post by Granby »

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: If you can't wait for the EPS, here it is

Post by loretta »

And here you have it, Tindall and Easter dropped, we get to keep TTTE and only 6 Tigers named (of which, 3 are already crocked) - result!

FORWARDS: Mouritz Botha (Saracens), Calum Clark (Northampton), Dan Cole (Leicester), Alex Corbisiero (London Irish), Tom Croft (Leicester), Louis Deacon (Leicester), Phil Howson (Northampton), Dylan Hartley (Northampton), Courtney Lawes (Northampton), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Lee Mears (Bath), Ben Morgan (Scarlets), Tom Palmer (Stade Francais), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), Matt Stevens (Saracens), Rob Webber (Wasps), David Wilson (Bath), Tom Wood (Northampton)

BACKS: Chris Ashton (Northampton), Brad Barritt (Saracens), Mike Brown (Harlequins), Lee Dickson (Northampton), Owen Farrell (Saracens), Toby Flood (Leicester), Ben Foden (Northampton), Charlie Hodgson (Saracens), Charlie Sharples (Gloucester), Joe Simpson (Wasps), David Strettle (Saracens), Manu Tuilagi (Leicester), Jordan Turner-Hall (Harlequins), Ben Youngs (Leicester)
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Nice to see that our rivals are taking their share of the load and that we can retain TTT, Parling and possibly 12T? Interesting if the DM EPS pick list is fact or fiction no doubt as all we be revealed in 5 mins!!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Bertos

Post by Bertos »

That can't be right, why would Deacon be retained when he is out for the whole tournament?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Deacon could still play in the summer tour if fit that is why I suspect he is named?
Bertos

Post by Bertos »

Seems it was true:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_u ... 491793.stm

Parling being called up as temporary injury cover for Deacon or Lawes. Hopefully it is for Lawes meaning we get him back sooner.

No place for 12Ts though...
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

England 32-man squad:
Forwards: M Botha (Saracens), C Clark (Northampton Saints), A Corbisiero (London Irish), D Cole (Leicester Tigers), T Croft (Leicester Tigers), L Deacon (Leicester Tigers), P Dowson (Northampton Saints), D Hartley (Northampton Saints), C Lawes (Northampton Saints), J Marler (Harlequins), L Mears (Bath Rugby), B Morgan (Scarlets), T Palmer (Stade Francais), C Robshaw (Harlequins), M Stevens (Saracens), R Webber (London Wasps), D Wilson (Bath Rugby), T Wood (Northampton Saints).
Backs: C Ashton (Northampton Saints), B Barritt (Saracens), M Brown (Harlequins), L Dickson (Northampton Saints), O Farrell (Saracens), T Flood (Leicester Tigers), B Foden (Northampton Saints), C Hodgson (Saracens), J Simpson (London Wasps), C Sharples (Gloucester Rugby), D Strettle (Saracens), M Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers), J Turner-Hall (Harlequins), B Youngs (Leicester Tigers).

England Saxons 32-man squad:
Forwards: *D Attwood (Bath Rugby), C Brooker (Harlequins), P Doran Jones (Northampton Saints), M Garvey (London Irish), J Gaskell (Sale Sharks), J Gibson (London Irish), J Gray (Harlequins), T Johnson (Exeter Chiefs), J Launchbury (London Wasps), M Mullan (Worcester Warriors), L Narraway (Gloucester Rugby), D Paice (London Irish), *G Parling (Leicester Tigers), G Robson (Harlequins), A Saull (Saracens), H Thomas (Sale Sharks), T Waldrom (Leicester Tigers), N Wood (Gloucester Rugby).
Backs: N Abendanon (Bath Rugby), A Allen (Leicester Tigers), D Armitage (London Irish), M Banahan (Bath Rugby), F Burns (Gloucester Rugby), K Dickson (Harlequins), *A Goode (Saracens), J Joseph (London Irish), R Lamb (Northampton Saints), J May (Gloucester Rugby), U Monye (Harlequins), *H Trinder (Gloucester Rugby), B Twelvetrees (Leicester Tigers), M Young (Leicester Tigers).

So Parling, Goode and Trinder basically in the EPS as cover.

Webber in the EPS is a joke, his lineout work against us was shoddy at best.

We lose 11 between the EPS and Saxons, Stains lose 9 and Saffers 8.
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

The Daily Mail article was 100% spot on. So much for a 'new era', it seems that Twickenham still is as leaky as ever! No real ball carriers in the EPS squad and very few surprises.
Always a Tiger
Bertos

Post by Bertos »

adamv6 wrote:So Parling, Goode and Trinder basically in the EPS as cover.
And Attwood
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

What we save on the EPS we lose to the saxons:-

AA, 12T, TTT, GP and MY all in the saxons (congrats to them) !!!

TTT selection is somewhat bizarre, called up for the world cup squad and now dumped into the saxons?
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

bluntiger wrote:The Daily Mail article was 100% spot on. So much for a 'new era', it seems that Twickenham still is as leaky as ever! No real ball carriers in the EPS squad and very few surprises.
The initial Mail piece had Attwood instead of Botha. Not a bad shout by them though. Exciting is inexperienced times ahead for England - and a 6N where the only two home matches are against Wales and Ireland is a tough one to start in!
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

Nothing bizarre about TTTE's situation at all.

He was always in the Saxons squad, even when called up as cover for the RWC. (Johnno was allowed to call anyone up from Saxons into the main EPS squad as injury cover. The same situation currently applies to Parling's call up from Saxons for the 6N.

Personally I doubt he will ever win a full England cap. Lancaster will probably give him a Saxons cap or two to thank him for his RWC escapade but he's not realistically a player for the next RWC & therefore is unlikely to feature in any long term plans for England.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Don't you just feel for Sarries? NOT. For so long they have had a cushy number when it came to International representation now they lose a fair chunk of their team including both FH's, boy they're gonna struggle in that department. Lets see how many games they win now during the 6 Nations period. I know I'm a meanie but I just can't stop myself from laughing at their misfortune. :smt045
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I know I'm a meanie but I just can't stop myself from laughing at their (saracens)misfortune.

I will add Saints to that :smt026
Bertos

Post by Bertos »

g wrote:Don't you just feel for Sarries? NOT. For so long they have had a cushy number when it came to International representation now they lose a fair chunk of their team including both FH's, boy they're gonna struggle in that department. Lets see how many games they win now during the 6 Nations period. I know I'm a meanie but I just can't stop myself from laughing at their misfortune. :smt045
They still have a fair few Boks to fall back on but they may well suffer, especially in the backs.

It will be interesting to see what happens when we play them at Vicarage Road, by that point we will have all our Saxons players back and possibly one or both of Manu or Flood (long shot I know) if Lancaster wants to give them some game time before they play at international level.

Saints lose 8 to the elite squad so they are really going to suffer over that period.