Items that should be in the shop

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

nasher

Re: Items that should be in the shop

Post by nasher »

I think Kitbag think we are a premiership soccer club where tradition does not count.Their only belief is how much profit can we take these mugs for next with our next off the wall marketing ploy - skateboards,surf boards who knows?
tigerlilly
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tigerlilly »

I would have hoped Kitbag having paid such a huge sum of money for thr Tigers franchise, would have had the sense to have talked to the club about the typical demographic of Leicester Tigers, and have realised that their is a very large number of children and many people in the over 35 years in our crowds. We also have a good mix of male and female fans.

Also just in case anyone from Kitbag reads this thread, we definitely want college scarves returned to what is ultimately our shop!, and not all females like baby pink!, we also mostly want any clothing range in the shop to be in our Teams colourways, not just black and grey. Perhaps if Kitbag take this on board they might stand a chance of making some money, if not they are likely to be running a white elephant of a store. We rugby fans will simply not be drawn into buying things just because they happen to have tigers written on them or the logo, in fact many of us would prefer to see the old crest back anyway.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I cannot attend this evenings meeting (work!), and would ask any other forum member to bring the contents of this thread to the attention of the kitbag representative. Thanks
Valhalla I am coming!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Lots more outer wear. For example, warm coats, particularly replicas of the kit the players/staff/management wear, jackets etc. This is the clothing that is on view in the winter time and a good and practical way of showing your colours.

I would also like to say that I was really looking forward to see what ladies wear was available but was v. disappointed in the limited range especially when you consider the percentage of female fans Tigers have.
A2O
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

tigerlilly wrote:I would have hoped Kitbag having paid such a huge sum of money for the Tigers franchise, would have had the sense to have talked to the club about the typical demographic of Leicester Tigers, and have realised that their is a very large number of children and many people in the over 35 years in our crowds. We also have a good mix of male and female fans.
An excellent point - must say that you are polite as I'd have commented on the number of over 55s rather than the over 35s!

A simple straw poll of self and 23 fellow supporters (hardly scientific I know but it wouldn't cause Kitbag a lot of trouble to do a wider but similar exercise) shows that people just want things that are obviously 'Tigers' (normally that involves them being red, white and green) and which are useful at games such as the cushions. The was an almost universal agreement that 'fashion' items were :censored: (translates roughly as unwanted if one is politically correct).
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

The other problem with much of the fashion wear is that they are differently sized to the replica shirts. If you buy a 'L' replica shirt and a 'L' from the crumbie range - one will not (even close to) fit!

I got one of each (bought online) for my Birthday in December. They were vastly differently sized. When taken back to the shop they confessed 'we have had a lot of that happening'.
Always a Tiger
ian23
Tiger Cub

Post by ian23 »

Fleabane

I have a hard copy of this whole trail in my hand ready to take along tonight
WelfordRoadGirl
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by WelfordRoadGirl »

I fear my comments may miss the meeting if it was taking place tonight. I had previously posted on the thread that disappeared so not sure if my comments would get passed on.

I agree with many of the posters here but would like to add a request for some more jewellery. I've wanted a gold pair of tiger earrings for ages but have never found any :smt022

Also, I agree that Kitbag need to realise that many Tiger fans are female. All pens, mugs etc just have the male names :smt009

What about some female PJs too. I've only ever seen the ones for males or kids !

Last but by no means least please, please, please don't think that just because I'm female I want pink !! I'm a Tiger fan, I want green, red and white ! :smt026

Would love to hear from anyone who went to the meeting to hear what Kitbag had to say
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Thanks ian. :smt001
Valhalla I am coming!
RTS

Post by RTS »

I quite liked the warm up shirts (green & red)that were in the on line shop for a while last year. The popular sizes sold out fairly quickly and no further stock seems to have appeared. Much prefer them to the black training tops and "silver" away shirts.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Can anyone give feedback from the meeting with Kitbag last Thursday?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Should the shop stock up with a new coach and new backline since there seems to be a demand from some! :smt003 :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:Should the shop stock up with a new coach and new backline since there seems to be a demand from some! :smt003 :smt003
An outrageous post from a wum (now I know what that means). :smt015 Everyone knows that a stock of the Ladybird books on backs play and the I Spy Book of Defending the Breakdown are all that's needed. :smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

GS wrote:Everyone knows that a stock of the Ladybird books on backs play and the I Spy Book of Defending the Breakdown are all that's needed. :smt023
Providing they are the Anglo Saxon Editions!

:smt006
Still keeping the faith!
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Bill W (2) wrote:Providing they are the Anglo Saxon Editions!

:smt006

:smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.