Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Items that should be in the shop

Post by jgriffin »

Mrs G says:
No pink rubbish; proper hats, caps and scarves; talk to the fans about what they want; sexist mugs - where's the female names?
Mr G says:
Cut out the tat especially the golf rubbish (spoken as a golfer)
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Larger sized clothing items (shirts etc) for ladies that are true to size. A t-shirt purchased for my size 14 daughter was an XL, it fitted so it wasn't skintight and slightly short on her. Plus-sized ladies have to wear mens' cut items and they are (obviously) shaped for men!
They do seem to struggle with shirt sizes for the ladies. A few years ago the gf had to buy a childrens boys shirt because it was the only one in the shop that would fit her (she's a small 'un). They seem to have got moderatly better at sizing for her size of lady but the top I bought for Christmas could have done with being a couple of inchs longer. She does like some of the pink gear though so I wouldn't want to see that removed (it's a handy present) just more colour options.

I can understand that the shop may have limited space so why not have some internet order only items and then install a couple of terminals in the club shop.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I have worn a college scarf for years - lovely and warm and very smart - If it was lost and I could not replace it I would be very peeved.

As an idea on things to sell what about a small collapsable stand in club colours and with badge for kids to stand on in the terrace- you see all sorts of kit from beer crates to buckets that kids stand on but I had to get my collapsable stand from poundstretcher in a rather garish pale blue - i am sure she would have preferd a tigers one and I would have gladly paid a pound or 2 more for it.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

mightymouse wrote:but I had to get my collapsable stand from poundstretcher in a rather garish pale blue - i am sure she would have preferd a tigers one and I would have gladly paid a pound or 2 more for it.
I got my girlfriend a similar one of these, same colour. She mentioned it wasn't club colours so I told her it was based on the away shirt from a couple of season ago! :smt003 :smt002

You're right though Mightymouse, a practical thing for matchday in club colours.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

Wide necked thermos flasks for soup in Tigers' colours - would have been very handy recently. Or lapel badges of individual players - the kids like collecting that sort of thing to get the whole team. Or boot or shoe laces with green, white and red stripes. Or Tigers garden gnomes. Or packs of playing cards with the Tigers logo on and various players as the face cards. Or those straps that go round suitcases in Tigers colours with the logo on. Or even a year book!
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Ben Youngs dummys, for the spitting out of.
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

How about more stuff for babys and toddlers.

More choice on pyjamas etc. We all love to start them young.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Yes more stuff for babies eg the red white and green bibs which seem to have left the inventory. They are much nicer than the insipid pink ones.

Now my new babies are 18months old, they have grown out of their little miss tiger frocks, what can I buy them for their 2nd birthdays. I am not sure how the tigers shirt will go down with the moms. Have just bought one in the sale as a market tester.
Pyjamas would be good. Simple in Tigers' colours and cheap durable rather than designer expesnive. Nigthtime soiling does not pay attention to the design features of nightwear.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

A retro/classic shirt. Proper shade of green, with white and red hoops of the proper proportions. White collar. Traditional crest badge. (If - as has been claimed before - the Tiger's head is required to protect the branding, fine, put that somewhere. But Glaws seem to manage ok with their retro/classic shirt and trad (i.e. past) badge).

V-neck Argyll-style jumper. Green (current shade!) with red diamonds and white X lines, or red and white diamonds.

Make sure that size range is maintained. Tigers' fans come in a very wide range of shapes and sizes. Exclude no-one from being a potential money-spinner.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

A book of remembrance after last night's performance.

:smt010
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Tissue papers, 20 litre tubs of Polyfilla,lining paper for the cracks together with dust pans & brushes in Tigers colours.How about hot water bottles for that Tiger in the stand that always leaves to pee on the 20 minute mark every game and we all have to stand & let him out!!!!
Seriously mens trouser belts were good at the time.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

They should stock what you order!
I placed an order on line on Sunday; it was listed as delivered to the store on Thursday; went to collect it in Saturday,arrived to be told it will be delivered next Tuesday (9 day delivery). Grrr
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I like the luggage strap idea - I have platted green red and white ribbons on my cases for easy spotting on the baggage reclaim belt but a Tigers strap would be even better
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Since the college scarf debate began, I've started keeping an eye out for them at matches. There were shedloads of them at Ravenhill!

Personally, I think the new regime is trying to appeal more to the younger market with the range of stock it keeps. It seems to forget who has the money.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.