Tigers v Ulster - Friday 13th

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Tigers v Ulster - Friday 13th

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Will it be Friday 13th - A nightmare in Ravenhill.

I think considering the injuries we have the team will look something like the following:
1 Ayerza/Stanko
2 Chuter
3 Castro
4 Slater
5 Parling
6 Croft
7 Salvi
8 Waldrom
9 Youngs
10 Twelvetrees
11 Tuilagi
12 Allen
13 Smith
14 Agulla
15 Murphy

Repalcements:
Cole
Hawkins
Stanko/White
Mafi
Staunton
Harrison
Hamilton
Woods
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Ulster - Friday 13th

Post by kingol22 »

Will Youngs be available? It did not look great when he limped off on saturday.

Think Stankovitch will start with Ayerza on the bench, presuming he is fit. Dont think there is any positions up for discussion except the front row really.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

kingol22 wrote:Will Youngs be available? It did not look great when he limped off on saturday.

Think Stankovitch will start with Ayerza on the bench, presuming he is fit. Dont think there is any positions up for discussion except the front row really.
Will Young - isnt he a singer? Is he limp? :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Some would have you believe Youngs with one leg is still worth having in the line-up :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
SpanishTiger

Post by SpanishTiger »

Can you imagine having everyone fit and having to choose from Salvi, Mafi, Croft, Newby, Waldrom and Crane for a back row??????
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

SpanishTiger wrote:Can you imagine having everyone fit and having to choose from Salvi, Mafi, Croft, Newby, Waldrom and Crane for a back row??????
I was dreaming and then woke up!
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:Will it be Friday 13th - A nightmare in Ravenhill.

I think considering the injuries we have the team will look something like the following:
1 Ayerza/Stanko
2 Chuter
3 Castro
4 Slater
5 Parling
6 Croft
7 Salvi
8 Waldrom
9 Youngs
10 Twelvetrees
11 Tuilagi
12 Allen
13 Smith
14 Agulla
15 Murphy

Repalcements:
Cole
Hawkins
Stanko/White
Mafi
Staunton
Harrison
Hamilton
Woods
I'd be happy with that will Chuter and Youngs be fit though?? Both seemed to be taken off as a precaution and hopefully will be ok, it will be good to have Marcos and Castro will be back. Slater should definately come into the side.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

May see Newby on the bench, he took a full part in the pre-match warm up on Saturday.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

YBY came off as a precaution due to a bump on the head - confirmed when I chatted with him in the final whistle after the match - he seemed fine
Less is more....
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Despite some improvements lately do we think Tigers are good enough or mentally tough enough to win over there on a hostile abd cold Friday 13th?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

G.K wrote:Despite some improvements lately do we think Tigers are good enough or mentally tough enough to win over there on a hostile abd cold Friday 13th?
I think we go there more in hope than expectation. The performance against Wasps would not be good enough. The key is the forwards (assuming the backs defend well enough) and the Ulster pack is way ahead of Wasps. This will not be a 5 tries to 4 match either way. More like 13-9. Perhaps on Saturday we played with one eye on this Friday (we can hope).

I expect us to raise our game and we are capable of winning ("Look they are a good side but so are we")... but Ulster must be slight favourites.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Ulster were excellent against Edinburgh on Friday night, or so I'm told by folk I know who were there. Hope ratehr than expectation is definitely the way to look at this one.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

I know it's five years down the road but we need to go to Belfast with the same mentality we took to Limerick in Jan 07. If we do, then anything is possible.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Ulsterrr

Post by Ulsterrr »

Ulster

Post by Ulster »

Seriously up for this match and I hope Ulster are too, we've a great ball carrying pack and personally a very underrated backline.

From our last match in Welford road, up front we'll have the very impressive John Afoa in at tighthead. Our scrum has been class with him at TH.

In the backs we've some class players coming back from injury.
Ruan Pienaar is expected to start at 10 - Unfit for RD 2 - Great addition
Paddy Wallace is expected to come back in at 12 after scuccessfully recovering from injury. - Unfit for RD 2. A very underrated player.
Stefan Terblanche is expect to be named at fullback.

Stefan was an injury signing for the highly rated Jared Payne who injured himself prior to your game.

The great thing is that Ian Humphreys was awful at Welford road, he made 3 good kicks but aside from that was a joke. Ruan Pienaar is a very underrated flyhalf. He'll get our backline moving.

Paddy Wallace is a welcome addition to our midfield, he's expected to replace the injured Nevin Spence who played againest you guys @ 12 in RD 2 even though he's a hard running 13. Paddy is the key for Ulster, a great passer and tacticle kicker. Him and Pienaar at 10 and 12 will be great to see.

Stefan takes over from Simon Danielli who has been woeful this season and especially vs you guys at Welford road.

I'm HOPEFUL for a 10 pt win. :smt026

33-0 would do alright though :smt038

Here is the extended highlights from the Edinburgh game, some good play from Ulster but we give away 2 gifts :smt011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW3WlI55 ... ideo_title

Enjoy
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

BBC weather forecast for Friday for Belfast is "Friday looks dry and bright with light winds".

Not much rain this week either so I guess the Ulster ground staff may be watering the pitch! :smt002

Seriously looks like the weather will not be a factor .. it will be down to the quality of the teams on the night.