Tigers vs Sale Sharks

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers vs Sale Sharks

Post by MJ Chairman »

Would guess the prop selection is about rotating the 3 available front line props.

Coley had 80 minutes at Worcester.
I would imagine that Castro would have 80 on Sunday with Boris coming on after 50 and Castro switching to tight head.
Against the Insects expect Boris to play for 80 with Coley and Castro switching.

:smt027
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

No Morris. Again. What has that guy got to do!?!
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Hopefully Young will get some game time this week as we will need him during the six nations.

It is a strong side that should see us win and hopefully get a bonus point but conditions will probably not be great so 4 tries could be tough. We need to get the game won by around 60 minutes and then put the whole bench on to give players a rest.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I would rather see Harrison get more gametime, he is potentially a far better player than Young.

The resting of players is sensible, this is a good enough team to get 5 points which is what we need.

Thought we could of trusted either Harris or Bower for the 4th prop position this & next week.

As for Morris, looks like he is getting the 12T treatment.

2nd Row could either be a revelation or a nightmare, think the Lineout could be fun.....!!
To win is not as important as playing with style!
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Simple logic - Boris is our only fit first-choice open-head; we have 3 games in 12 days. Hence, play Castro to save Boris for the 3rd game as starter, especially as he's needed attention in every one of the last few games. We are lucky that Castro is as good as he is at open-side.

Just hope Ayerza is back in near future.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

Teams Up:

15 Geordan Murphy (c)
14 Horacio Agulla
13 Matt Smith
12 Billy Twelvetrees
11 Alesana Tuilagi
10 Toby Flood
9 Ben Youngs
1 Martin Castrogiovanni
2 Rob Hawkins
3 Dan Cole
4 Ed Slater
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Steve Mafi
7 Julian Salvi
8 Thomas Waldrom

Replacements
16 George Chuter
17 Boris Stankovic
18 Logoviii Mulipola
19 Ben Woods
20 Tom Croft
21 Micky Young
22 Jeremy Staunton
23 Scott Hamilton

Looks a good 23 plenty of experience off the bench if needed, would be good to save plenty to stuff the insects (particularly given their current form and also to redress early season result which was not representative with WC and injuries)
Would have liked to see Niall Morris make a start, early season was a stand out player. Assume Geordan is there for captaincy, he is showing signs of slowing and is a bit predictable in open play, the mazy runs don't happen now.
The average age of this team is very low and stringing in some good performances after this season start will only enhance their mindsets, future looks good. Be good to expose the newer and less experienced to AP games whilst having experience around them.

:smt023 :smt032
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

First, thanks to everybody who answered the 'Ringo question', the water's still a bit muddy, but I get the drift.

I never thought I'd be saying this but I'm not too concerned at Manu not being able to play against Sale when Smith is in the form of his life at the moment. Whilst I think it would be good to see Morris in the rotation mix that's a pretty good set of backs especially if Flood can set them going.

Up front makes sense and I think everyone is hoping to see the new guy Mulipola have a run out.

We should have buries them in the first half at Edgeley Park and since then the team has woken their ideas up and so long as we don't have the 10 min nap in the middle that gave Wuss a bit of hope we should do well - perhaps a bonus point to send us into the New Year.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

I'm excited that Mulipola might get some game time. He could prove pivotal during the 6N - blooding him now seems a wise decision.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I will possibly......just possibly have a bad hangover when watching this one so a request goes out to the team to do a quiet asassination of the sharks.....lots of kicks at goal for those lovely peaceful moments leaving me to cuddle the Remy in string torn fingers having played the new year in on the 335!

Here's hope rather than expectation!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

TTRITH wrote:No Morris. Again. What has that guy got to do!?!
Perhaps he has to be better than an international class full-back (Murphy) and better than international wingers like Tuilagi and Agulla which IMHO he is not.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
TTRITH wrote:No Morris. Again. What has that guy got to do!?!
Perhaps he has to be better than an international class full-back (Murphy) and better than international wingers like Tuilagi and Agulla which IMHO he is not.
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I meant why isn't he in the 23. He's been in far better form than Scotty, and IMO he isn't too far off Smurf... If we don't use Morris he'll go back to Ireland, and IMO he deserves the chance to start ahead of Smurf and definately ahead of Scott.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

I was under the impression that Niall Morris signed a two-year deal. I don't think he can just go back to Ireland.

I like him as a player and think his form has been better than Scott Hamilton's, who I also rate. It must be tough being a coach.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Slater having a fantastic game.We should have been out of sight but have instead let Sale back into the game.

Come on tigerssss!!!
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Tigers work rate seems to have dropped.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Why do we keep kicking the :censored: ball away? Every time we do sale keep ball in hand and it takes us a age to regain possession.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.