Tigers vs Sale Sharks

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers vs Sale Sharks

Post by Daveyboy »

And I hope Seymour (Sale 7) is ok. He looked very, very concussed. I was surprised that he wasn't stretchered off.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

kingol22 wrote:
Has anybody heard anything about the Sale number 7 who went off early on? Looked pretty bad.
The two Sale players clashed heads and the 3 and 7 left the pitch. The 3 returned but was later replaced after picking up another injury, leaving the pich on crutches. He had a few stitches in his forehwad.

The 7 did not return and I heard that he may have needed about 25 stitches in his cut to the head.

An unfortunate accident and wishing both players a speedy recovery.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tigerben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerben »

just looked at the Sale website which has the following at the bottom of their match report
By the end, David Seymour had recovered sufficiently to be the target of humorous banter from his team mates.
Link to Article
Leicester Football Club.
First Back to Back European Champions.
First Club to win an Away Guiness Premiership Play-off Semi-Final.
British by Birth - Welsh by the Grace of God
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Another important win against a team above us in the league before kick off,job done,now the insects,who are having a miserable time of it,but rest assured they will be pumped against us.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Whatever we feel about how well Ben Youngs did, or didn't, play today I feel he must be thanked/congratulated for getting the ref to stop the game immediately (even though it was a Tigers ball in a good attacking position) when he saw that Seymour had been hurt.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Tigerbeat wrote: The two Sale players clashed heads and the 3 and 7 left the pitch. The 3 returned but was later replaced after picking up another injury, leaving the pich on crutches. He had a few stitches in his forehwad.

The 7 did not return and I heard that he may have needed about 25 stitches in his cut to the head.
That must have been some clash of heads. I thought it must have been a knee with the way he was struggling immediately after.

Good to hear he is OK
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

DickyP wrote:Whatever we feel about how well Ben Youngs did, or didn't, play today I feel he must be thanked/congratulated for getting the ref to stop the game immediately (even though it was a Tigers ball in a good attacking position) when he saw that Seymour had been hurt.
Indeed,also Castro and several other tigers players immediately calling to the touch line for some assistance.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Too many missed opportunities by the Tigers yet again, we should have been out of site by half time.....again its the control of the ball (when we were right near their line the forwards kept going alone.....why no rolling mauls?? :smt017 :smt017 )thats costing us dear!
Youngs again woeful...........box kick, box kick...how about passing the damn ball and use it wisely.
My man of the match the underated BILLY 12T!! :smt038 :smt038
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

This is Mrs Big Dai posting having confiscated the Remy, the remote and the rights to any "recreation" tonight. Have you sad lot got nothing better to do than this?

I'll allow him back on line in the morning when he'll be sober enough to make proper comment!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

WiggoTiger wrote:...My man of the match the underated BILLY 12T!! :smt038 :smt038
Played better than OK - perhaps not MOTM - but his best contribution (in addition to being involved in both Alex's and Geordan's tries) was he appeared to be the best flanker on the field at the breakdown - for a moment on a couple of occasions I thought I was watching a re-incarnated PeterWinterbottom.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Those with a reasonable memory will remember Mr Small from a "ns LEg A Team Final against Wasps when he showed no idea of the offside rule amongst others, (The game involved lots of Humphreys genius but a Tigers loss) his continued rise up the Reffing ladder is a constant cause of bewilderment to me.

Am rather confused about the result as when I left for work we were all over Sale.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I thought Ben Youngs had a very poor game, his box-kicking is sub-standard even for a club player let alone an international scrum-half. Compare that with the box-kicking by Stringer for Sarries and Care for Quins which was top-notch and put their teams on the front foot. Maybe it's all Grindal's fault :smt003 :smt003

Perhaps against Wasps we should have Young and Harrison as the scrum-half options.

On the positive side Smurph had his best game for a while, Both Billy and Matt Smith played well. Waldrom continues to play his socks off for us. It was nice to see Hawkins get a run out.

Other negatives were Castro and in particular Salvi going off. I hope the injuries are not serious. We lost a bit of 'dog' once Salvi went off.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

The ref may not have been the best but we can't complain too much about the rub of the green. Castro's bind or lack of it was missed for the penalty try. I didn't see this at the time and refs are only human. Maybe his touch judges could have done more to assist him but thankfully they didn't or else we would have lost. I didn't mind the referee's interpretation of the breakdown. It was fairly clear to me that he would not tolerate sealing off and I think he used good judgement in general. As long as they tried to enter the ruck on their feet the ref was happy and I think it made for a good contest. He may have appeared a little lax to some but I thought it was six of one and half a dozen of the other and he didn't just go with the attacking team as some refs do so often take as the easy route. Clearly there was the odd player who was not happy with decisions but perhaps they should accept the challenge rather than moaning. As for the offside, I think every side is pushing their luck on this week in and week out but if the ref stops the game every 30 seconds for a penalty I'm sure he would get slated for ruining the game. What to do? Ruin an afternoons entertainment for paying fans and enforce the law to every inch or let them all get on with it as they are all as bad as eachother?
Cheery chappy
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

The Boy Dave wrote: Castro's bind or lack of it was missed for the penalty try. I didn't see this at the time and refs are only human. Maybe his touch judges could have done more to assist him but thankfully they didn't or else we would have lost.
I dont think Castro got a bind first time in any scrum. To me it looked like the opposition number 3 was binding on Castro's arm stopping him from getting a bind so the touch judges should have stepped in to tell the ref that sale tight head was binding on the arm.
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

oh god will you lot please give over the Ben Youngs-bashing???

I heard he was carrying a knock so thats why he wasnt 100%.

Give the poor lad some credit - he tried!
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)