Transfer Rumours

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

One of the great lost talents, shame he learnt tackling from Les Cusworth!!!.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

When did Julian Salvi sign for two years as referred to in he forum earlier? I thought he was signed as injury dispensation for Craig Newby.
grobyman

Julian Salvi

Post by grobyman »

Julian was signed as injury dispensation, read in a forum that he has signed for two years. Can't find any confirmation of this, is this fact or wishful thinking?

He has been stand out since he came, I really hope this is fact, he is consistency personified and adds real value and balance to the back row.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I believe that he was signed as an injury replacement but when Richard Blaze??? was forced to retire due to injury, JUlian was given a 2 year contract.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I thought Richard Blaze retired last year before Salvi had even arrived?
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

Likewise
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

fleabane wrote:TV is out of favour, and was dropped by Tigers because rugby requires players to go into contact. This was something TV continues to avoid - even after the close attention of Shedwards!. He tries to chip past defenders instead of being tackled and recycling the ball, or in trying to beat them he predictably always goes to their outside. He does not tackle properly, rather pushing players towards touch or just flapping an arm. He does not ruck, but will act as a guard, waving his arms at others as if to direct them instead. :smt013

Unlike every centre and back we have. :smt023

I still remember Paul Burke calling after him as he went on as a sub in his last season at Tigers, " Go on, and don't forget, TACKLE Tom, TACKLE"!!"

He scores tries, but at what cost? His defensive lapses cost tries at worst, and puts pressure on his team mates at best. In closely fought games he can be a liability, and there are few matches now that are not closely fought.

Please, no more about TV for Tigers or England. :smt018

+1 :smt105 TV summed up in a nutshell. And the gold (or whatever) boots are the icing on the cake. Be in no doubt, TV plays for TV. That is his fatal flaw. Less 'mad dog', more 'handbag dog'. :smt011
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

I believe Mafi was the injury replacement for Blaze last year. Salvi was rumoured to have been signed up for next season, but when Newby got injured he was bought in early under the injury dispensation rule for the salary cap.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

The whole Miles Benjamin to Tigers thing is stepped up a notch with news that Saints - who were also chasing his signature - have turned their attention elsewhere. They are eyeing up Bedford's teenage flier, Josh Bassett.
tommo

Post by tommo »

According to the Mercury, Tiggs are very close to signing Benjamin

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/L ... story.html
Oh, When The Saints Go Marching In!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Salvi was rumoured to have been signed up for next season, but when Newby got injured he was bought in early under the injury dispensation rule for the salary cap.
I heard similar, however, the story went that as Salvi had been released at the end of the Super 15 (an early release he had another year on his contract) Tigers didn't know he was available until late in the day and so signed him for two years but used Crane or Newby's injury (doesn't matter which) as dispensation to get him under the cap for this season. With the cap expanding for next season he'll slot under easily enough then.
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

4071 wrote:The whole Miles Benjamin to Tigers thing is stepped up a notch with news that Saints - who were also chasing his signature - have turned their attention elsewhere. They are eyeing up Bedford's teenage flier, Josh Bassett.
Josh Bassett is a very good young player I would recomend him to you lot 19 and the shape of a stick insect but he is very strong despite his size and very quick aswell.