Transfer Rumours

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by trendylfj »

Chat to Julian in Sainsbury's 4/5 weeks ago, he was saying that he couldn't see the club needing him until the 6Ns and he body was giving him a few problems. He didn't actually say that this would be his last year but that was certainly the impression I got. He seemed to be saying that as a sub for a few games at time would be fine but not to expect anything else. He has beena fine servant of the club and I hope he doesn't push his frame too far and leave lasting problems.
Hehehehehehehehe
EustaceHPlimsoll
Tiger Cub

Post by EustaceHPlimsoll »

As for Benjamin, if we were to sign him I would perhaps think about letting Hamilton go as well as he isnt starting at the moment any way and Idont really see him as an impact sub either.
I have to say I don't agree with this. Hamilton is in awful form at the moment and doesn't deserve to start, but over the past few seasons he's been one of our most consistently reliable players. And he's versatile. Wouldn't mind a pacy winger at the club though – I think that's just what we need.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

I still think that we should have not let TV leave!
Yes his tackling was a bit so so, but he was in the team to attack and score trys which he did . He or another speedster gives you different options in attack which we really have been missing of late. :smt023
Last edited by chappie on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/T ... story.html

TTTE close to signing a new deal, despite interest from other clubs. More good news.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I'd be amazed (again) if we're not in the market for another hooker. IMHO, we are crying out for a top hooker.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

POSTIGER wrote:I'd be amazed (again) if we're not in the market for another hooker. IMHO, we are crying out for a top hooker.
Tom Youngs looks like he could be a very good hooker. I would prefer to see him and Hawkins developed than bring in another player.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

We must give Hawkins a start this week. Chuter is out of form and his lack of leadership during the RWC is one of the reasons we are now in the recovery position. Let Hawkins and a fit Tom Youngs lead the way.
When the team is tired please use the subs - only 2 used last game!
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

Its going to be a little while before Youngsy is fit again but hopefully when he is he will get his place on the bench back.. Then next season he may well be first choice.if Hawkins isn't in with a chance Cockers should release him and buy someone else even if Chuter carries on. But I agree its mad not to even bring Hawkins on at the minute.
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

chappie wrote:I still think that we should have not let TV leave!
Yes his tackling was a bit so so, but he was in the team to attack and score trys which he did . He or another speedster gives you different options in attack which we really have been missing of late. :smt023
Tom Varndell is on the bench for the insects,so what makes you think he would be a "go to player" for us?
Tom had his day and has moved on,so should you,now his replacement Wade,is a different matter.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

hww27 wrote:Its going to be a little while before Youngsy is fit again but hopefully when he is he will get his place on the bench back.. Then next season he may well be first choice.if Hawkins isn't in with a chance Cockers should release him and buy someone else even if Chuter carries on. But I agree its mad not to even bring Hawkins on at the minute.
Look at Saints, they have subbed their players in last few league games and then failed to get the bonus point despite having scored 3 tries early on. Also some of you have short memories. George Chuter spent several years on the bench or reserves before he broke into the first team after he came from Saracens. He was prepared to wait and has turned out to be a legend for us.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

George Chuter spent several years on the bench or reserves before he broke into the first team after he came from Saracens. He was prepared to wait and has turned out to be a legend for us.
An outstanding servant to the club, an excellent ambassador for the tigers and the game of Rugby, an extremely funny and entertaining guy, but no more than a good club player. So A legend? depends on your definition of a legend I suppose.
neilf
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by neilf »

[quote="CrumbliesAn outstanding servant to the club, an excellent ambassador for the tigers and the game of Rugby, an extremely funny and entertaining guy, but no more than a good club player. So A legend? depends on your definition of a legend I suppose.[/quote]

A good club player with 20+ England caps. How many England caps have you ?
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Legend is a really subjective term and means something different to us all.

The personal insults piece as often commented on is one of the dangers of email type communication, as it often looks very black and white and it really depends how the recipient takes specific comments on many occasions.

"How many caps have you is not really any more insulting than the easily interpreted as patronising "as any older rugby person will tell you".

I am sure neither were meant as insulting.

Lets all take comments with positive intent for a change. Remember we are are all basically on the same side.

Let the Christmas spirit (or any other celebration you prefer) reign for at least a couple of more days.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Ideally, for a team like England you would want world-class players in every position but sometimes you simply don't have the talent.

For example, right now there is not a world-class No. 8 in English colours because there isn't one out there so we have to select a good club player eg Nick Easter and in truth we don't have a world-class fly-half either. Hence George Chuter has 24 England caps and Toby Flood has 46.
Always a Tiger