> The French Top 14 humbles the Aviva Premiership

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

pwinson

Re: > The French Top 14 humbles the Aviva Premiership

Post by pwinson »

Tigerbeat(Please delete this or amend if you feel it appropriate)

My seond post was intended to close off this discussion - as I clearly
expressed

However, I would just like to have the opportunity for one response and say --

I have been a Tigers' supporter for 43 years. I first saw David Matthewws. Gordon Blackett, Phil Horrocks-Taylor etc and so on from 1958
I have stood on the Crumbie Terrace for the majority of that time
I have a PhD in Physical Chemistry, so am entitled to refer to myself as 'Dr P'
My comments are not'tacturn' - wrong word. I was just acknowledging Mr Eldridge's responses - whether I agree with them or not is irrelevant
I may have been a member of this Forum for a considerable time, I view it regularly, but I don't feel the need. or possibly the ego. to contribute at every opportunity

Thank you

Dr P
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

So why do you feel the need to contribute now, if only to criticise another member who is contributing in a positive manner? What has been written that offends you so much as to suddenly provoke you?

Very strange.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Perhaps we should let this drop - Luke Eldridge has been assured he can continue to post as in the original post, it's rugby related and it does not break any forum rules, therefore his contribution and subject under discussion can continue to be discussed.

May I suggest if a person finds a a particular post or thread (or user) annoying etc, they ignore the offending post/thread in future.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

pwinson wrote:I have been a Tigers' supporter for 43 years. I first saw David Matthewws. Gordon Blackett, Phil Horrocks-Taylor etc and so on from 1958
Forgive me for asking what may be an obvious, or stupid, question but....If you first saw the above players from 1958, and it's currently 2011, AND assuming that you stuck with Tigers from day one and haven't taken any sabbaticals from supporting Tigers up until present day, doesn't that make you a Tigers' supporter for 53 years, not 43?

Unless my maths is incorrect....... :smt002 just saying like!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.