Yearbook?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Yearbook?

Post by Stu_F »

Not on the website but recall newsletter saying that a 'Review of the season' will be available shortly after end of season. So I don't think we'll ever get a yearbook covering 2010/11 season.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

I recall something similar Stu F. I believe they said the review would replace the yearbook.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

What a shame. I've got them going back .... well, too many years for me to admit to. Isn't there even going to be one for sale? They're missing a money raising opportunity.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt024 :smt024

This use to be something to look forward to as the season progressed and you reflected on the efforts of the previous season. A bit of a loss in my honest opinion.
Philip J Gray
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

First the badge, and now the year book... Not good :(
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

Both the badge & the yearbook were actually relatively new ST benefits.

I think the yearbook was only introduced from around 2002/03 onwards? (I'm sure someone will correct me but I can't check my own as I am at work & the books are not!)

As for the badge, I think they were only produced for 4 seasons (maybe 5?)

Therefore neither is a truly long-running ST benefit & many ST holders never bothered to pick up either their yearbooks or badges. There were thousands of yearbooks left over every season & I think one of the storage rooms under the old Next Stand had loads of boxes of unclaimed yearbooks that were ultimately thrown out when the CAT was built!

At the end of the day, ST holders paid for the "free" books/badges in their ST package price & I expect that many fans would far rather have ST prices as they are now than have slightly higher ST prices with a "free" book & badge. I know I would at least.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

TTRITH wrote:First the badge, and now the year book... Not good :(
My season ticket(s x2)for 2011/12 went down by £80 per ticket per year so if I don't get a yearbook and a badge, fine with me, no complaints.

With £160 in my pocket I can always choose to by merchandise .... and a good deal more than a badge and a yearbook.
Always a Tiger
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

The yearbook was always a costly exercise, not a moneymaker. there had to be enough printed, but there were always a number left unclaimed :-(

ST prices are what count in today's financial climate.
Valhalla I am coming!