Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Leicester v Northampton

Post by watsonjm »

Iain wrote:Video highlights here.

Does look like a couple of big punches by Murphy.
anyone got a link to the full game?
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

watsonjm wrote:

:smt024 :smt024

Ditto. I was going to ask the same question.
Philip J Gray
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

watsonjm wrote:

Try Premiership rugby TV. You will have to wait until tomorrow unless you want to pay though.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

kingol22 wrote:
watsonjm wrote:

Try Premiership rugby TV. You will have to wait until tomorrow unless you want to pay though.
It's definitely on there, watching it again now, pay for it as I work away from home a lot. I doubt posting a link to it would work, and if it did would probably breach t's and c's. It frees up tomorrow.
Last edited by WhitecapTiger on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Only about £1 per week to sign up.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

I couldn't make the game this weekend so I had access to the replays on live TV.

I was watching both Tigers and the Wales international simultaneously.

The Premiership match was far more entertaining which is something to note.

What I cannot understand though is how after his performance in the semi final last year, the RFU could select Barnes to officiate in this match. The RFU have got it wrong again as Barnes had another howler; failed to learn from his mistakes last year and once again did not control the game early on therefore resulting in a fracas from which he made another incorrect decision.

I would suggest using the TMO for any fights in the future but the TMO got 3 try decisions completely wrong yesterday as none of them were trys so I have little faith in the TMO being able to officiate on fights either.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
nottslad

Post by nottslad »

For these big matches we should be using the best refs & they are the 2 french guys judge?? and Roman POITE.
glass is half full
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:... but the TMO got 3 try decisions completely wrong yesterday as none of them were trys ...
Interesting. You're the first person I've heard dispute the TMO's decisions yesterday. Everybody I've spoken to agreed with him - even Mrs Healey's little boy reckoned he got them all correct.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Tiger neil

Post by Tiger neil »

Having read most of the comments posted about the sendings off, I could see why Alex got sent off as he did throw a forearm into Ashton's side (after ramming him against the hoardings) after reacting to his hair being pulled. However, when you listen to the officials talk, it is quite obvious that Aguila was the intention of the red card as he threw more punches than Alex. I think Murphy was very lucky to stay on as was Lawes. They did say Woods ran 60 metres to throw his punch, which the tv does show, so his red card was correct.

Ok, where does this leave us? AT could have his red card rescinded as he was sent off for fighting but the tv evidence does show it to be no more than handbags. Ashton should be cited for the hair pulling (dangerous play and ungentlemanly conduct) but this might lead to repercussions as Murphy and Aguila could also be cited. Also the TV does show Manu going to join the fight and he wasn't even in the starting 22. It may open a whole can of worms.

Apart from that, fantastic game, great play by Matt Smith, Aguila and Maffi, especially the tackling. And we beat Northampton - say no more!!
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

Tiger neil wrote:Having read most of the comments posted about the sendings off, I could see why Alex got sent off as he did throw a forearm into Ashton's side (after ramming him against the hoardings) after reacting to his hair being pulled. However, when you listen to the officials talk, it is quite obvious that Aguila was the intention of the red card as he threw more punches than Alex. I think Murphy was very lucky to stay on as was Lawes. They did say Woods ran 60 metres to throw his punch, which the tv does show, so his red card was correct.

Ok, where does this leave us? AT could have his red card rescinded as he was sent off for fighting but the tv evidence does show it to be no more than handbags. Ashton should be cited for the hair pulling (dangerous play and ungentlemanly conduct) but this might lead to repercussions as Murphy and Aguila could also be cited. Also the TV does show Manu going to join the fight and he wasn't even in the starting 22. It may open a whole can of worms.

Apart from that, fantastic game, great play by Matt Smith, Aguila and Maffi, especially the tackling. And we beat Northampton - say no more!!
:smt024 :smt024

Ditto. One of the best games ever played at Welford Road IMHO.
Philip J Gray
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Manu came with in inches of being cited too. If you are a school boy and you see your brothers hair being pulled in the play ground you go to his assistance. If you are a professional rugby player just watching a game and you decide to run 50m to join a fight you are an immature fool. I know he is young but he has form now... Ashton, Ferry Jump and yesterday. His mother and brothers still don't seem to be getting the message through to him. Someone needs to read him the riot act after yesterday. Opponents will very soon work out that he can be goaded into a "red mist" and he will end up missing many many weeks of rugby. He is young, talented but compared to, say, Farrell's maturity, he has a long way to go. I hope he learns quickly because he is a special talent.
brook

Post by brook »

Surely there's no need to worry about Manu's involvement? Presumably he can use the Abendanon defence when he actually ran on the pitch from the sidelines to assault Tiger's players last year and claimed it was due to a knock on the head?
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Why was Manu anywhere near the pitch. He was warming up as a squad member but it shows a R Cockerill indiscipline to allow any other players than the named 22 on the pitch. You are either in the matchday squad or you are not.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Isambard, agree entirely. Manu should not have been on the bench. I am surprised that the match officials allowed him to be there, oh, now I remember who those officials were, I'm no longer surprised :smt023
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

BJ. wrote:
yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:... but the TMO got 3 try decisions completely wrong yesterday as none of them were trys ...
Interesting. You're the first person I've heard dispute the TMO's decisions yesterday. Everybody I've spoken to agreed with him - even Mrs Healey's little boy reckoned he got them all correct.
Smith grounded the ball in touch.
Youngs was held up and had to make a second move to ground the ball.
May The same as above.

Both the Dowson and Agulla trys were questionable as well.

If Agulla gets banned I would be surprised as he was defending a team mate from assault and did not throw any punches until he was attacked by Lawes, therefore it was self defence. Murphy also only threw punches after being punched as a result of coming in to try to break the fight up.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.