TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale v Leicester

Post by TTRITH »

15. Niall Morris
14. Horacio Agulla
13. Manu Tuilagi
12. Anthony Allen (If not fit, Billy Twelvetrees)
11. Alesana Tuilagi
10. Toby Flood
9. Mickey Young (If not fit, Sam Harrison)
1. Marcos Ayerza
2. Tom Youngs
3. Martin Castrogiovanni
4. George Skivington
5. Geoff Parling (c)
6. Tom Croft
7. Julian Salvi
8. Thomas Waldrom

16. George Chuter
17. Boris Stankovich
18. Dan Cole
19. Louis Deacon
20. Ben Woods
21. Sam Harrison (If Young not fit, Grindal)
22. Billy Twelvetrees (If Allen not fit, Ford)
23. Geordan Murphy
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

My quibble would be ...

You can't start Morris over Murphy in a game where expereince will count for everything ... and for a wet Friday night away at Sale I would feature Smith and Staunton in the 23 .. Staunton kicks better than 36... and Smith's defence is better than 36.

I am a fan of 36.. but he is not right for this game
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I'd argue that Twelvetrees would be of more value at 12 then Manu and Manu is a far better 13 than Smith and so if Allen is unavailable I'd bring in Twelvetrees but I'd have Staunton on the bench as experience is an advantage. Morris has been a bit hit and miss so I'd go for Geordan and probabley put Smith on the bench as he is a handy utility option.

I'd also drop Skivington and bring Slater to the bench (cover lock and 8) and move Deacon into the engine room where he will be needed.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

In every game from now on Tigers have to be thinking "Bonus points". About fifteen minutes from the end on Friday we took our foot off the gas and went to sleep and there was that farcical move of stumbling, inept passing from right wing to left ending with the ball being thrown into touch. Thank goodness, we then woke up and scored a bonus point try. We were top of the table last year only because of our bonus points - this year they are even more important given our dire start.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Ayerza, Youngs, Castro/ Cole
Deacon, Parling
Croft, Waldrom, Salvi
Young/ Harrison, Flood
Allen/ 12trees/ Tuilagi, Tuilagi/ Smith
A. Tuilagi, Murphy, Agulla

Hawkins, Stanko/ Bower, Castro/ Cole, Skivington, Woods/ Slater, Harrison/ Grindal, Ford, Hamilton/ Morris

Would be my 23, the majority of the unsures are due to injury or a couple of tough choices. I really hope we can start with a bang and get a bonus point although I would take a one point win. Hopefully we can start rising up the table and have a bit of confidence before the Heiny. IMO Morris is close to a start but I think Geordan should start at Sale and then give Morris a go vs Irish. I agree with Old Hob we need bonus points but I would suggest that away at Sale is not the easiest place to get one, at home againt L.I next week is another matter completely. If we get into a try scoring habit then hopefully we will carry it into the Heiny and have 10 points at the end of the first rounds, which will put us in good stead for the Clermont games.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Rumours have reached me of a fractured cheek bone for Manu which must put his participation in doubt. :smt027
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

jeez what do we need to do to buy some luck :smt009
cheers
Rich
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

MJ Chairman wrote:Rumours have reached me of a fractured cheek bone for Manu which must put his participation in doubt. :smt027

Bad news at the best of times but with Allen and Billy doubtful we could be really streched. Just as it looked like we might have something near a first choice side we go and loose Youngs and then Manu :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Hi all,

Im heading up for the game on firday. Does anyone have any advice on places to park and places for food and a beer or two?

Cheers
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Hi Jim

There's a giant NCP neat to the cinema / Railway Station that is a stones throw from Edgeley park. Thats usually where we park, cos I take my son to the cinema before the match.

There are a few decent rugby pubs near the ground, the Sir Robert Peel is nice.

Take a brolly or a mac cos its an exposed walk to the ground.

Hope this helps
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I await Cockerill's team selection with interest and trepidation. With the need to win paramount, are we about to enter a Mallinder Zone, where the "best" players run out week after week, or does Cockerill start with the rotating door principle with constant personnel changes?

Not long to wait until the team is announced!
Valhalla I am coming!
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

From the Tigers website.

Sale Sharks have announced their team for the game against Leicester Tigers at Edgeley Park on Friday (7.45pm).
Skipper Sam Tuitupou and Johnny Leota form a new partnership at centre, while Richie Vernon starts at No8 for the first time.

Sharks also include England wing Mark Cueto, British & Irish Lions scrum-half Dwayne Peel, and the in-form flankers James Gaskell and David Seymour.

Welsh international back-rower Andy Powell is included among the replacements after his return from the World Cup, and Irish prop Tony Buckley has recovered from flu to take a place on the bench alongside returning hooker Joe Ward.

Sharks executive director of sport Steve Diamond said: "We've had some good sessions this week, working on several issues raised by last week's game. The match against Leicester will be very tough, probably our hardest task of the season. We can't wait."

Tigers director of rugby Richard Cockerill will announce his team at noon on Thursday.

Sale Sharks: 15 Rob Miller, 14 Tom Brady, 13 Johnny Leota, 12 Sam Tuitupou (c), 11 Mark Cueto, 10 Nick Macleod, 9 Dwayne Peel; 1 Alasdair Dickinson, 2 Marc Jones, 3 Henry Thomas, 4 Fraser McKenzie, 5 Kearnan Myall, 6 James Gaskell, 7 David Seymour, 8 Richie Vernon.
Replacements: 16 Joe Ward, 17 Vadim Cobilas, 18 Tony Buckley, 19 Mark Easter, 20 Andy Powell, 21 Will Cliff, 22 Luther Burrell, 23 Will Addison
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Merc says Manu out for 6 weeks, Allen out for three months after a DIY related thumb incident, 12trees ankle, Tait groin.

As a blues singer once put it, if it wasn't for bad luck, wouldn't have no luck at all.....
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

So options in the centers, Flood - a fly half, Staunton - a fly half, Smith, Agulla - a winger, Forsyth.

Is it possible to apply for injury dispensation?
We could bring a southern hemisphere player in.