Sale v Leicester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jumbo

Re: Sale v Leicester

Post by Jumbo »

Share Scott Hamilton is recalled to the backline and George Chuter is named at hooker.
Chuter is set for his 250th club appearance after making his Tigers debut in March 2001. The England international is also third on the all-time Premiership appearances list with 234 in his career with Leicester and Saracens.

Tom Croft also reaches a landmark as his makes his 100th appearance for the club since his debut in November 2005.

International prop Martin Castrogiovanni returns to the squad for the first time this season and is included among the replacements alongside Ed Slater, Steve Mafi and Niall Morris who were all rested last week after playing in each of the opening seven matches of the season.

Director of rugby Richard Cockerill has selected Matt Smith and Horacio Agulla in a new partnership at centre after injuries to Manu Tuilagi and Anthony Allen.

Cockerill said: "Manu suffered a broken cheekbone after a clash of heads in the Gloucester game and we'll be without him for about six weeks. Anthony Allen has had an operation on his thumb after an injury in an accident at home.

"We're having a terrible run of luck, especially with Mathew Tait's groin injury and Billy Twelvetrees out with an ankle injury.

"But we knew we would need the whole squad to front up if we were going to push on this season. Matt Smith has been playing really well and Horacio Agulla came back from the World Cup and fitted right back in last week.

"We now have all the Test players back and we've been working hard to integrate them as quickly as possible."

Ben Youngs remains on the sidelines with a knee injury.

Leicester Tigers (v Sale Sharks, Aviva Premiership Rugby Round 7, away, Friday 7.45pm)
15 Geordan Murphy (c)
14 Scott Hamilton
13 Horacio Agulla
12 Matt Smith
11 Alesana Tuilagi
10 Toby Flood
9 Sam Harrison
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 George Chuter
3 Dan Cole
4 George Skivington
5 Geoff Parling
6 Tom Croft
7 Julian Salvi
8 Thomas Waldrom
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

Well, just bought some £10 tickets for the game. Not great seats, but I don't think I have found a great seat in Edgeley Park anywhere!

Would have liked to see Tom Youngs start, but not too bad a team.

Should be a tight affair, they normally are... :smt009
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

what does Youngsy have to do to get a starting place?! *shakes head in despair*
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

hww27 wrote:what does Youngsy have to do to get a starting place?! *shakes head in despair*
Are you related to them or something?
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

hww27 wrote:what does Youngsy have to do to get a starting place?! *shakes head in despair*
Where were you last Friday?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Pretty good team. Disappointed not to see Youngs start but he will get his chance.
I am worried about the centers though.
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

sorry BJ i meant in the league and not the Low Value Cup...
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
EustaceHPlimsoll
Tiger Cub

Post by EustaceHPlimsoll »

Pretty good team. Disappointed not to see Youngs start but he will get his chance.
I am worried about the centers though.
I hope you're right, but Hawkins never really did, despite some impressive appearances.
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

I thought Tom Youngs may of got the nod over Chutes but lets hope Chutes is better than he has been whenever he has played this season. With the captaincy back with GM and other players back he may well perform better with less responsibility.

Centres will be a really area of weakness, Smith not known for distribution skills at 12 may make for a 10 man game plan from tigers.

Just be happy with a win at the moment.

Think Manu will be a massive loss for the team, 6 weeks is awful luck!
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

Are you related to them or something?
TB1, do you not feel he deserves his chance? I felt last week (apart from a rather strange call on a not straight lineout throw) he played well in the tight and lose.

I just think for his development, and with Smurph back as captain, we could have started with TY.
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Sad about the new injuries, although I will use the Allen one as a great example of why I do not do DIY !!

Really happy to see Harrison continue to get his chance - very deserved - and Tom Y will always get 30 mins with Chutes starting - he is much more of an impact player....
Less is more....
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

and in Tom Y's continued development, this does count as a chance
Less is more....
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

I think Cockers tries to bring through a few new players each year and for this year it looks like he is planning on bringing Ford, Harrison and Tom Youngs.

I expect they will be targeting something like 10 starts for Youngs this season.

I don't really think a miserable night in Stockport playing 10 man rugby in a must win game is a great situation to bring a young hooker, who's main weakness is throwing, into.

If the game is sewn up or beyond hope he will get on in a less pressured situation.
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

Was going up there tomorrow night but it looks like only seats available are at altitude and supplied with oxygen masks or below ground level - and all behind the posts.

SO ....(and I know it's a perennial question)what pubs will be showing the match on ESPN? Anybody know for certain so that we're not trailing around the county with minutes to spare. Please.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Sale is the last chance saloon? Thoughtful article (yes, I know the author is not a friend of Tigers),about Cockerill's view of what tigers have to do to make the playoffs, and asks why Tigers seem to have been less prepared than Sale for example, who lost 10 to WC.

http://tinyurl.com/69xhyhd
Valhalla I am coming!