New Zealand World champions

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Zealand World champions

Post by biffer »

Kiwis did their best to bottle it, but Craig Joubert helped them over the line. High tackles, uneven reffing at the breakdown, McCaw lying in the way consistently. Quite how McCaw gets away with it I don't know, but I'd be interested to see what pictures he's got of the refs and what they're doing in them.

Enjoyable game I thought. Would like to see the French win a World Cup soon, they're the only one of the big boys who haven't and when they're winning they play fabulous rugby.

Dallaglio was better in commentary than he is in the studio, better than I expected. Coverage was still stinking though.

Now we can get on with the rest of the season, starting with giving Sale a smacking next week.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

[/quote]That wasn't really my point - the issue was that ITV didn't replay it so we never got the chance to see.[/quote]

There was a replay shown after it happened. Definitely not deliberate in any way at all.
exiledandy

Post by exiledandy »

Good to know that the ITV team have enjoyed themselves - pity that they can't bring themselves to analyze the game!
exiledandy

Post by exiledandy »

Tiglon wrote:
That wasn't really my point - the issue was that ITV didn't replay it so we never got the chance to see.[/quote]

There was a replay shown after it happened. Definitely not deliberate in any way at all.[/quote]

Again - not really my point. My point was that at half time they showed the Cruden tackle but not the Parra one (if you had read the thread). This was indicative of the fact that ITV mostly lauded NZ and were one-eyed.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Well well well. That ref was a bit of a homer wasn't he ?
But now it is done and dusted so congratulations New Zealand.

Enormous game from Les Bleus, especially the big boys, Papé Nallet Dussautoir Harinordoquy. And Trinh Duc. Too bad he missed that last penalty.

I am proud of my team, they proved they can turn up on big occasions. :smt026
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

Ze Stade Fan wrote: Enormous game from Les Bleus, especially the big boys, Papé Nallet Dussautoir Harinordoquy. And Trinh Duc. Too bad he missed that last penalty.
Cheer up. Even if he had kicked that penalty, Joubert would probably have found an excuse to give a sitter to New Zealand shortly afterwards. :smt011
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Not watched the game yet,late night with the produce from the Hebridean isle of Islay.I'm wondering what the 6 nations will be like after this,France and Wales battling for the slam?Scotland and Ireland battling for the wooden spoon?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

[/quote]Again - not really my point. My point was that at half time they showed the Cruden tackle but not the Parra one (if you had read the thread). This was indicative of the fact that ITV mostly lauded NZ and were one-eyed.[/quote]

No, your point was, in your words, as follows:

"the issue was that ITV didn't replay it so we never got the chance to see"

They did replay it, you did get the chance to see.

On a side note - ITV lauding the just-crowned World Champions, how dare they?! What world do you live in where that achievement doesn't deserve a bit of lauding?
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

I recorded the game, the McCaw incident happens around 9:40 in the first half, the referee has a good view of it. Richie McCaw does his usual routine of diving in and going off his feet on the oppositions side of the ruck, his eyes were not on Parra as he connected but both his hand and his knee connected so it was obvious that he was trying to clear Parra out of the way. If Warburton should have been sent off then McCaw should have been exiled permanently for that incident.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Tiglon wrote:
Again - not really my point. My point was that at half time they showed the Cruden tackle but not the Parra one (if you had read the thread). This was indicative of the fact that ITV mostly lauded NZ and were one-eyed.[/quote]

On a side note - ITV lauding the just-crowned World Champions, how dare they?! What world do you live in where that achievement doesn't deserve a bit of lauding?[/quote]

I think the point they are making is that at half time the french hardly got a mention compared to new zealand.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

In that case I take back the lauding comment. Half time was too early for any lauding.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

New Zealand are the best team in the world, poor final and an overall uninspiring world cup, the referee was a disgrace and NZ get away with murder around the ruck, shocking officiating

Thank god i don't have to listen to that annoying Audi advert before each game now its over.

Now for Tindall to announce his retirement from international rugby!!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

watsonjm wrote:We're we watching different games?

The ref was shocking. To many high tackles missed to count. Richie macaw might as well have been invisible.
As I expected there were two sets of rules today. Both NZ scores came from penalties that to me seemed incorrect decisions. The wrong team won for sure!

Rugby is becoming like WWF?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
exiledandy

Post by exiledandy »

Tiglon wrote:
Again - not really my point. My point was that at half time they showed the Cruden tackle but not the Parra one (if you had read the thread). This was indicative of the fact that ITV mostly lauded NZ and were one-eyed.[/quote]

[/quote]

Which was why I just referred you back to the THREAD. In my earlier post, which is being referenced I was making the point that they showed only one replay at HALF TIME (sorry to shout but it seems to be required). At that point NZ were not world champions, but ITV effectively treated them as such from the beginning of the match.

I lift my hat and salute NZ for a job well done, and for crowning their spectacular achievement. Their achievement should not be undermined by snipes at the referee and TV, but equally the TV and referee should not escape censure.
exiledandy

Post by exiledandy »

kingol22 wrote:
Tiglon wrote:
Again - not really my point. My point was that at half time they showed the Cruden tackle but not the Parra one (if you had read the thread). This was indicative of the fact that ITV mostly lauded NZ and were one-eyed.

On a side note - ITV lauding the just-crowned World Champions, how dare they?! What world do you live in where that achievement doesn't deserve a bit of lauding?[/quote]

I think the point they are making is that at half time the french hardly got a mention compared to new zealand.[/quote]

Thank you Kingol.

As a side point, France didn't get a mention after the game from McCaw... which I though ungracious.