Unbeaten until Xmas

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Unbeaten until Xmas

Post by kpb »

Can we now remain unbeaten until Christmas??

If we can i believe a top 4 finish is possible and a place in HC knock out stages will be on the cards.

We need another good performance against Sale Friday night to further boost our confidence and to prove that we really are back in business.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Unbeaten until Xmas

Post by WiggoTiger »

kpbates wrote:Can we now remain unbeaten until Christmas??

If we can i believe a top 4 finish is possible and a place in HC knock out stages will be on the cards.

We need another good performance against Sale Friday night to further boost our confidence and to prove that we really are back in business.
I like your optimism, feel realistically we will lose at least 1 game. We need to turn possession and territory into points. Stick with harrison and flood and the backs will score.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

HC will be difficult - watched Clermont on ESPN destroy Perpignan and they look ominously good.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Artuin
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Artuin »

Lots of potential...keep the faith
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

Would like to be optimistic and with luck the Premiership games to christmas look eminently winnable. Agreed re Clermont though. It's the way they're top of the Top 14 and have good players still to come back that worries me.
Joe The Tigers Fan
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We can still go through to the knockout stage in the Heiney with one loss,I'd take that and in the top 4 thank you very nicely. :smt003
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

To stand a chance of getting the 62 - 64 points we will need to make the playoffs, we can only lose another 3, max 4 matches! And, the 6N loom in the spring. :smt009

We can still win the LV to guarantee an HC place, which could be out of our reach with too many more losses in the Aviva. Alternatively, we should concentrate on this year's HC, and win it, with a full squad being available for only this competition.
Valhalla I am coming!
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

DickyP wrote:HC will be difficult - watched Clermont on ESPN destroy Perpignan and they look ominously good.

Yeah, that's what I think too. Unbeaten in the Premiership is definitely possible, but beating Clermont over there is a huge ask.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

We're only 10 points behind 4th place. With 16 games to go.

Not exactly a million miles, is it?

Then take into account Harlequins are top, they will drop away at least a little due to half the other teams suddenly becoming a lot stronger. Same Goes for Sale.

London Irish are 4th, we have to play them home and away. What's the betting we beat them in both games and significantly cut the gap. LI also have a habit of falling apart in the 2nd half of a season.

All in all, I predict a fairly comfortable playoff qualification for Tigers. 62 points will not be needed to finish 4th.
We could easily lose 5 games and still finish with the 60-something points usually required, and I suspect less points than usual may be enough.
hugh78
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by hugh78 »

I'm not convinced we will need 62+ points, I know this is the normal points total but there are far more variables this year: can Sale keep it up? Can Quins keep it up when the weather changes? Will Exeter continue to take scalps? What if Saints and Tigers BOTH go on a streak (it is usually only one team making the running from the bottom)as we are in similar positions they can really help us.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Win at home, win away, and moider de b*ms.

Without doubt we can do it.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

jgriffin wrote:HC will be a battle against Clermont. It may be decided by bonus points in the head2heads and against Ulster. We have to win away at Ulster to put the pressure on Clermont.

Top 6 definitely to remain in the HC but likely to lose our seeding. Top 4 possible but the 6N may stuff us.
i think our HC seeding will depend on how saints and clermont get on, there the only two teams that i can see that have a chance of overtaking us - we need saints to have a bad year!