Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Players at the ground

Post by watsonjm »

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me roughly how long be4 KO the player coach arrives at the ground? I want to try and get some autographs for my nephew.

Thanks
Last edited by watsonjm on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MB3

Re: Players at the ground

Post by MB3 »

Many people seem to collect autographs under the Crumbie stand as they come out of the changing room for warm up...
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Your best bet would be to hang around after the match and then approach the players during their warm down on the pitch. At least that's what I used to do back in the day! I would guess that is still the best way?
It's only cheating if you get caught.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

2hrs before gates open behind the Crumbie, by the car park.
Valhalla I am coming!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

when I have got autographs with the kids before - one good way wait till they come out of the changing rooms after the match and walk across the terrace to the players bar in the clubhouse. This however is not such a good plan on a cold friday night in October when the kids are cold and tired and should be in bed - better on a nice April saturday afternoon whilst enjoying a pint in the sun!

The other place is the stairs up to the players lounge and just outside it

The issue with before the game is the Tigers players arrive in dribs and drabs and the oppositions bus is not an easy thing to put a time on - also the players are a bit less relaxed before a game than they are after it.

Before a game outside hospitality bars might be useful because the injured players are often on duty there
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

Best place is outside the dressing room after a match - thats where I wait to see Youngsy and if I need to get autographs for anyone for any reason. The bulk of the players do come out but beware some of them sneak out the back way...
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

injured or non playing tigers can normally be seen wondering around the ground before, during and after the game.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

What is not a good idea is to queue for 5 hours in sub zero temperatures to not get a photo of the world cup. Oh no that was in 2003!
AV8TOR

Post by AV8TOR »

watsonjm wrote:Hi all,

Can anyone tell me roughly how long be4 KO the player coach arrives at the ground? I want to try and get some autographs for my nephew.

Thanks
Your Location is given as Cambridge so this might not be entirely practical BUT try the Monday night extra's games. Most of the "First Team" players can be found and are far more approchable. Oh & you normally get a cracking game of rugby thrown in to the price {it's FREE to get in}
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The away team usually arrive 90 minutes before Kick off. Tigers player arrive shortly after that.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Brianf

Post by Brianf »

Hi, if you don't want to wait after the game, the Leicester players will arrive, generally all by car (and, naturally, into the car park!), around 2 hours before kick off. They will then go in the portakabin facing the car park. Players will happily sign then. Likewise, afterwards is good. Away teams are very much hit and miss...some are ok about signing before a game, others prefer to sign afterwards, it depends on their warm up prior to the game...either way, they are all happy to sign at the end of the game, once they have changed.

Hope this helps