Glaws LV thread (takes deep breath)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Glaws LV thread (takes deep breath)

Post by kingol22 »

The fight back does need to start and even cockers must realise that we can not take another humiliation at home. We have 3 games before the HC starts and need to build momentum so i would like to see a team of
15. Murphy (c)
14. Morris
13. M Tuilagi
12. Twelvetrees
11. A Tuilagi
10. Flood
9. B Youngs
8. Waldrom
7. Salvi
6. Croft
5. Parling
4. Deacon
3. Castro
2. T Youngs
1. Ayerza
Bench: Cole, Stankovitch, Hawkins, Woods, Harrison, Ford, Hamilton.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/12736.php

Flood up for it!!

Director of rugby Richard Cockerill will announce his team at midday on Thursday, but said: "The World Cup guys are all back in training now, it's great to have them back. Now we have to integrate them as quickly as we can.

"We'll take all the guys on an individual basis and make sure they are fresh and fit. There are no compulsory rest periods following the World Cup and if they are ready to play then they will play."

Well that blows my earlier theories about rest periods out of the water....... :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

Reading the Lyon thread earlier, I took a quick look at the Stad team, only to find most of their internationals from the RWC back in action.

As such, I would expect (hope, pray, beg) to see at least;

Waldrom, Ayerza, Murphy, Castro, Flood and Aguella

Back in action (as most if not all of these players didn't play much rugby in the RWC).

Mix in a few of the younger guys who put their hands up in the game last weekend, and it should be alot more competitive.

I would also really like to see Tom Youngs play in between 2 world class props, as I suspect the combination could reap several points and also loosen a few opposition bowels :smt003
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

kingol22 wrote:The fight back does need to start and even cockers must realise that we can not take another humiliation at home. We have 3 games before the HC starts and need to build momentum so i would like to see a team of
15. Murphy (c)
14. Morris
13. M Tuilagi
12. Twelvetrees
11. A Tuilagi
10. Flood
9. B Youngs
8. Waldrom
7. Salvi
6. Croft
5. Parling
4. Deacon
3. Castro
2. T Youngs
1. Ayerza
Bench: Cole, Stankovitch, Hawkins, Woods, Harrison, Ford, Hamilton.
Looks good although I would like to see Agulla in the back 3. All the WC boys should be raring to go, IMO with the possible exception of Castro (injury). None of them worked too hard over there, all the England lads bar Cole and Manu got a rest weekend and Ayerza, Murphy and Waldrom hardly played, well TTE didn't get a minute. At least the team should be announced on Thursday so fans will know what to expect in regards to selection. Glaws picked their full strength side at the weekend and I would expect them to do the same here, so our second/ thirds/ academy could well get trounced if selected. We need to start building up an undefeated streak at WR again IMO and that needs to start now. The WC players also need time to gel, and a game against Sale at Sale is pretty difficult place to play at the best of times so they need to have had game time together IMO. Hopefully Allen will be back too, although 12trees is an able replacement there is something very reassuring about seeing Allen's name at 12, escpecially in the big games.
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

Murphy
Morris
Twelvetrees
Allen
Tuilagi A
Ford
Harrison

Ayerza
Hawkins
Castro
Skivington
Parling
Mafi
Salvi
Waldrom

Youngs
Cole
Stanko
Deacon
Croft
Youngs
Flood
Tuilagi M.

Something like that would be appropriate to shake the cobwebs off.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

You've all missed the blindingly obvious, Chuter and Smith will start if it's a first team game. I say if because last week Cockers was saying that the LV is for the dev team lads to show their stuff.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Same team as last week I guess!! Poor game i fear!! :smt013 :smt013 :smt010 :smt010
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

We have GOT to kick someone's a**e soon. It may as well be Glaws on Friday night. Why hold back?
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

jgriffin wrote:Please let's have some defence, some cohesive attack and no kicking it away.
Remember guys, no ball, no score.
jgriffin for DOR - he appears to know more than Cockers. :smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kingneptuneii »

GS wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Please let's have some defence, some cohesive attack and no kicking it away.
Remember guys, no ball, no score.
jgriffin for DOR - he appears to know more than Cockers. :smt023
No way! his idea of holding on to the thing we need to win is way to maverick and far out for our proud club traditions of playing 10 year old rugby. I say, cast this new radical out into the wilderness!! :smt023
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

WiggoTiger wrote:Same team as last week I guess!! Poor game i fear!! :smt013 :smt013 :smt010 :smt010
What's that based on?

It was always the plan to send a scratch side to Cardiff whilst the WC returnees get time off and get into training and then put out a strong side for the Gloucester game in order to get everyone up to speed for the Sale match.

The LV Cup is completely unimportant, except for providing game time for some youngsters and providing a chance for a warm-up game going into the Premiership again.

Though thanks to the curious way the LV is set-up, we are still only 1 point off the top of our group in the LV. A win over Glaws could put us top of the table!
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

4071 wrote:
WiggoTiger wrote:Same team as last week I guess!! Poor game i fear!! :smt013 :smt013 :smt010 :smt010
What's that based on?

It was always the plan to send a scratch side to Cardiff whilst the WC returnees get time off and get into training and then put out a strong side for the Gloucester game in order to get everyone up to speed for the Sale match.

The LV Cup is completely unimportant, except for providing game time for some youngsters and providing a chance for a warm-up game going into the Premiership again.

Though thanks to the curious way the LV is set-up, we are still only 1 point off the top of our group in the LV. A win over Glaws could put us top of the table!
That Cockers has some devious tactics.