Good luck, Wales.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RoadtoRode

Good luck, Wales.

Post by RoadtoRode »

As a long-time lurker, I can appreciate that an opening post like this will not endear me to some Tigers posters, but having read the 'Good luck, France' thread, I'd like to provide some balance.

As England are now out, I'd like to wish Wales all the best for the forthcoming semi-final. They've played some very good rugby through this RWC, and the display against Ireland was as clinical a performance as I've seen in a long while. Chaining Powell to his bed during downtime has obviously helped keep the tabloids away, too!

Good luck Wales - if you perform like you did against Ireland, the Final awaits. Hope the Welsh forum members are smiling come Saturday lunch time!
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Re: Good luck, Wales.

Post by Phil B »

Allez les bleus!!!
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

Should be a short thread, this one.....
RoadtoRode

Post by RoadtoRode »

crateman wrote:Should be a short thread, this one.....
Let's hope not. A Welsh mate of mine cheered on England back in '03 (though he did say he needed a shower afterwards!) so I'm going to be a big enough man to return the favour.

We get together every 4 years as the Lions and I'm going to rise above the ABE and ABW nonsense and hope they do well against France.
LeicScarlet

Post by LeicScarlet »

I still can get clean enough after '03...... they dont make water hot enough!

Andy "Mongo" Powell has had his feet kept firmly on the floor thank god (Warburton).

We really did want England in the semi - for reasons you will appreciate. The French are unpredictable as you know. The good thing is that "LievreMental" has lost control and they are still playing Morgan Para at 10 with Trinh-Duc on the bench!

A Wales v All Blacks final would be awsome...... the pressure the MIB will be under (without Carter) will be immense...... the strongest Welsh Squad in in a long time will rellish the under dog status.

Lets see what happens in the semi..... a quick 20 points in the 1st quarter should see off the French. It will be a big battle up front..... but nothing that Wales have not already faced :smt023
Last edited by LeicScarlet on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Stradey Scarlet in exile
"Ymlaen Llanelli" - The heart & soul of Welsh Rugby.
>>RWC2011 = Bryce Lawrence (Gone: Saffers v All Blacks) & Alain Rolland (Gone: Wales v All Blacks)<<
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

I refuse to support Wales in the RWC, nothing to do with hating them or anything like that, but we'll never live it down.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

TTRITH wrote:I refuse to support Wales in the RWC, nothing to do with hating them or anything like that, but we'll never live it down.
Yep, that's my basis too. Despite having done it ourselves and been in 2 other finals, we will never hear the end of it. Just think, someone might even find that Max Boyce is still alive and put him in front of a microphone, and there's no excuse for that!

P.S. Damn it, just made the thread longer!
Last edited by crateman on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeicScarlet

Post by LeicScarlet »

Its refreshing to see the scarlet shirts on display at the Leicestershire Rugby clubs........ the banter from the Boks & the English has now vapourised into the ether. The Irish have now admitted that Sean O'Brian is not God....

Just the French to go...... :smt003 :smt023

You have got to admit that a Welsh v All Blacks final will be immense..... the pressure the MIB will be under.... the Welsh having nothing to lose..... beating the All Blacks at home infront of their public! You couldnt better that...... that would be the sweetest RWC win ever.
>>RWC2011 = Bryce Lawrence (Gone: Saffers v All Blacks) & Alain Rolland (Gone: Wales v All Blacks)<<
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

As an Englishman who lived through the dark days of the late 60s, 70s and early 80s, I love to see Wales beaten if only to repay them for the triumphalism and bad manners we endured at their hands.

However, and despite the fact they will be impossible to live with if they win, I must say I will support Wales, as I am also British and proud of it (and I try, usually unsuccessfully, not to be petty).

I'll be intrigued to see how well they go as although they have now got some superb talents they are a very 'brittle' team and capable of implosion almost matching the French.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
LeicScarlet

Post by LeicScarlet »

Rudderless maybe..... but "Brittle" certainly not. Englishmen know what a strong Welsh side can do..... and lets face it.... a strong Wales can only be good for Northern Hemisphere rugby. IF we make it to the final... and it is the All Blacks we are facing..... put aside your "natural instincts" and get behind us..... beating the MIB in their back yard would be awsome (I have got a feeling that the biggest "choke" ever is on the cards)!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

One of my best friends is French. The other best friend is Welsh. You see my difficulty here?!

Whoever wins the semi, I'll be rooting for them against the SH team opposing in the final (and I will be in Wales on final day visiting my Welsh friend with my French friend which may prove interesting..)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
LeicScarlet

Post by LeicScarlet »

Rizzo wrote:One of my best friends is French. The other best friend is Welsh. You see my difficulty here?!

Whoever wins the semi, I'll be rooting for them against the SH team opposing in the final (and I will be in Wales on final day visiting my Welsh friend with my French friend which may prove interesting..)
Rizzo, the MS is open for the Semi on the day..... they are showing it on a massive TV screen. It will be a great atmos' in there I am sure!
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

Allez les bleus!!!
Agree, 100%!

Just can't bring myself to cheer on the Welsh.

I have spent most the morning arguing on facebook with my Welsh friends. I think this comment sums it up lovely;
I love it. The Welsh team make it one step further than England in the RWC for once, and we are useless. Win a RWC, and get to defend it next time(albeit unsuccessfully), then start getting your high horses out. Until then, chirp down.
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

LeicScarlet wrote:
Rizzo wrote:One of my best friends is French. The other best friend is Welsh. You see my difficulty here?!

Rizzo, the MS is open for the Semi on the day..... they are showing it on a massive TV screen. It will be a great atmos' in there I am sure!

Thanks - but I will be on a train back from Cardiff at 10.15 on RWC final day. Got to be back in Leicester by early afternoon.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother