Oh Manu

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Oh Manu

Post by Granby »

A fitting end to England's campaign....... http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynatio ... 6-29566323.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Oh Manu

Post by WiggoTiger »

he'll have cockers to answer to!! I fear for him!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

Perhaps he took a look at the England coaching set up and decided to jump, or the others pushed him for showing the rest of the world how ordinary they are?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I went on a rugby tour once.

I got drunk, I chatted up women (who were not Mrs Big Dai), I drove a mini van into a brick wall and trashed a boat.

.........Did any one see the headlines in the Gravesend Gazette?
Last edited by Big Dai on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Young man - high spirits - media mischiefmaking
Tigers - true Champions!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

He got arrested for jumping off a boat. Is it just me that finds that a little bit pathetic?
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Up until now, Manu was the only one who has enhanced his reputation this tournament.

He had finally put the Ashton incident to bed..... Now this non news has the media all over him again (I found it on the BBC website - but haven't worked out how to do links on this newfangled thing yet!)
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

YOUNG MAN DOES SOMETHING STUPID. Hands up who hasn't, the media yet again kicking people for their own ends in the reporting of this. It's not like he did anything morally odious like hacking murder victims phones.....

I despair at the media these days, focus on meaningless incidents whilst failing to report real news.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Oh dear, just got in from the pub and it's all across the national news. Oh dear even the talent gets into trouble so who put him up to jumping off a ferry, ferry to/from where what was supposed to be happening? Maybe i will just think about the wonderful ales I have consumed at my local which happens to be a Wetherspoons, go to sleep and read the Brian Moore column in the mornig which hopefully will be about rugby football.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

From BBC Website:

Centre Manu Tuilagi has been formally warned by police and fined £3,000 by England rugby officials after jumping from a ferry in Auckland on Sunday.
Tuilagi was detained by police after swimming a short distance to a pier at the ferry terminal.
"I'm really sorry. It was a silly thing to do and I apologise to everybody for any inconvenience," said Tuilagi.

The Rugby Football Union (RFU) would not comment on whether alcohol was involved in the incident.
Continue reading the main story

He was formally warned about the offence of disorderly behaviour before being released back to the team management; there is no suggestion he was pushed from the vessel

England were knocked out of the tournament by France in the quarter-final on Saturday and are due to leave for the UK later on Monday.

Manager Martin Johnson said: "This was an irresponsible thing to do. Manu has been disciplined internally and I have warned him about his future conduct."

The fine will be paid to the Rugby World Cup's Christchurch earthquake appeal.

Auckland Police spokeswoman Noreen Hegarty said: "A member of the England team jumped off a passenger ferry and swam a short distance to pier three at the terminal at 6.48pm last night.

"As he climbed ashore he was met by police officers before being taken to the Auckland Central police station and held for around an hour and a half.

"He was formally warned about the offence of disorderly behaviour before being released back to the team management. There is no suggestion he was pushed from the vessel."

The off-field conduct of some of the players has prompted front-page headlines throughout the tournament.

A group of players enjoyed a night out drinking in Queenstown, with permission from team manager Martin Johnson.

Captain Mike Tindall was captured on CCTV footage from the Altitude Bar in conversation with a woman. A bouncer has been charged with illegally obtaining the footage.

Tindall later issued an apology for misleading the England management over his movements that night, having initially claimed he did not go on to another bar afterwards.

Johnson also confirmed during the tournament that he had reprimanded James Haskell, Dylan Hartley and Chris Ashton after a female member of staff in their Dunedin hotel complained of being teased with lewd comments.

Tuilagi was, earlier this month, fined £4,800 by the International Rugby Board for wearing an unapproved mouthguard carrying the name of a sponsor.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

Not his best effort. But at least he waited until after the WC campaign had finished before doing something stupid. And it's hardly as if the senior members of the squad have all been setting a great example. Unsurprising it's become news in the context of what's happened over the last few weeks. Will be good to get him back to Leicester. his family and away from the media circus. Imagine he'll be brought back to earth with a bump at Oval Park, which'll do him a world of good. I'm almost surprised that somebody wasn't looking after him slightly better, given his age and lack of worldliness, but it does fit with the general lack of squad discipline and maturity that has permeated the entire campaign. Is hardly like England are in a position to take any further action against him given the general ineptitude and disarray of the RFU, especially given that he was far and away England's best performer of the World Cup.
Joe The Tigers Fan
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Yes at 20 he just a babe. So who dared him??? My bet would be Ashton.

ps why cant someone from rugby league tackle?
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I find it strange that he is fined £3,000 by RFu for jumping off a ferry (which was a danger to himself) and has been warned about his future conduct when in comparison, Haskell, Hartley and Ashton appeared to get of comparatively lightly for abusing a female hotel worker or Tindall drunk and barely able to stand and groping a female!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Tigerbeat wrote:From BBC Website:

Centre Manu Tuilagi has been formally warned by police and fined £3,000 by England rugby officials after jumping from a ferry in Auckland on Sunday.
And yet Tindall the vice captain gets no fine for getting drunk and lying to the management. If you are going to discipline people fair enough but make sure it is the same for every one.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Smurfswillgetya, you fall into the trap of thinking that MJ and the RFU have a clue as to how to run a beverage party in a brewery.

Manu was stupid, MJ and RFU totally incompetent as far as knowing how to manage a team on or off the field.
Valhalla I am coming!