Good luck France

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kingol22
Super User
Super User

Good luck France

Post by kingol22 »

The better team by a long way today. Its a tough loss for us but we didnt deserve the victory after the poor start and then France just kept us pinned back. We never looked like winning but France looked dangerous so good luck to them. I reckon they will bring the cup to the north again but then my predictions have been poor.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Good luck France

Post by BJ. »

Indeed, France were the best team today by a country mile. Let's face it, they couldn't have played as bad as they did against Tonga.

I've already congratulated our favourite Parisian and wished him well against the Welsh next weekend.

Allez Les Bleus. Please note the previous three words would normally be in large, bold font and coloured red, white and blue.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Ditto.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

At least now our season can begin... time to forget England and focus on our HC and Prem campaign.... and assuming the AB's win tomorrow we will have evryone back for Sale at the end of the month.... though I am sure he won's say it Cockers will be relieved at the outcome...
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Well, thanks for the encouragement, we'll need them against Wales.
Sorry to say this but Les Bleus showed no genius at all, but committment and a sense of timing. In my opinion England were below par, apart from Flood (dangerous ball in hand) Tuilagi (a permanent threat) and Palmer (who sorted out the lineout and gave some good tackles)

France were good at the lineout and in the mauls (I appreciate the humble Papé for his effort in these two aspects of the game) But they had the desire to pay for their sins against Tonga. Now France will get complacent, roll in applause and compliments and lose without dignity against the Welsh. Ooooh these Jones and Williams!
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

How did England ever expect to win after conceding so many penalties in an error strewn performance? France deserved their win today and Wales v France will be a tasty encounter next weekend. I just hope Leicester put a smile on my face later today.
Philip J Gray
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

Yes I will be supporting France in the World Cup from now on. France were the better side today but I just have a feeling that it was a massive opportunity missed by England to progress to the final.

Having said that if the referees had been performing to a decent level then England would have been playing Tonga today and France would be playing Argentina tomorrow.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I'll be supporting the Welsh as I have family in Merthyr and there's always good banter between us.

I won't be supporting the French. To be perfectly honest I thought the comments made by Lievremont and Harinodoquy (sic) about how much they dislike the English were completely uncalled for. Lievremont comes out with something similarly deregatory every time we play them and IMHO shows a complete lack of class and respect for your opponent. I'm a big believer in doing your talking on the pitch - I'm not a fan of this kind of 'trash-talking' before a game, regardless of who's doing the talking.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

POSTIGER wrote:I'll be supporting the Welsh as I have family in Merthyr and there's always good banter between us.

I won't be supporting the French. To be perfectly honest I thought the comments made by Lievremont and Harinodoquy (sic) about how much they dislike the English were completely uncalled for. Lievremont comes out with something similarly deregatory every time we play them and IMHO shows a complete lack of class and respect for your opponent. I'm a big believer in doing your talking on the pitch - I'm not a fan of this kind of 'trash-talking' before a game, regardless of who's doing the talking.
Lièvremont is an imbecil.
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

I nailed my colours to the flag-post in my teens (the 70's), and I'm sure as hell not going to change now.
I will continue with my approach of supporting anyone but Wales.
Next week I'll be shouting for France.
If that doesn't work, it'll be whoever else is left.
If it comes to it, and I think it'll help, I'll dig out the old ABs shirt from the gardening box and wear that.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Yes - well done to France today - they did what was required to beat a rather poor England side.

However, I expect the Welsh to prevail next week (sorry ZSF) and then for them to lose gallantly to whomever comes out of the 'southern' half of the draw.

Fully expect it to be NZ, but (if you'll excuse the cliche) anyone can win it from here !!! (except Argentina)
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Bon Chance France. Fully deserved the win.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina