Quins match thread here!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GS
Super User
Super User

Re: Quins match thread here!

Post by GS »

Has the constant sniping taken it's toll on TigerMad? I was begining to think that these threads had become a thing of the past, well done JG

Last home game I said to my neighbour, "What would you give for just one Tuilagi in the backs?" Well if Cockers does/has found Alex T it can only improve things (yes I know we have been scoring tries without him) but most of all Castro is needed. Not just because he is one of the best in the world but he brings his personality to the party and that seems to lift everyone. Add to that Geoff Parling's speed, power and lineout nouse and the forwards should look a lot more 'Tigerish'.

With Quins scoring record so far it will be down to our defence to make the difference. I suspect we'll start with Grindal and Staunton so given that we don't play like the last 10 mins at the Rec a win by just one point will do for me.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt024 :smt024

Leicester turned in a much improved performance against Bath as Parling and Staunton made a big difference. One or two players back from injury and the inclusion of Castro and Alex should give Quins something to think about. Leicester to get a much needed win this weekend.
Philip J Gray
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

v basement clash? Get real we are not basement!
Go get your money and put £20 on Quins to make it to the finals and be prepared to lose it!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Sam Harrison to start!!

Alex T, Julian and Castro to be involved in the matchday squad!!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Snorbins wrote:v basement clash? Get real we are not basement!
Look on the bright side, folks. At least we've still got Northampton below us.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Leicester Tigers (v Harlequins, Welford Road, Saturday 4.45pm)
15 Niall Morris
14 Mathew Tait
13 Matt Smith
12 Billy Twelvetrees
11 Alesana Tuilagi
10 Jeremy Staunton
9 Sam Harrison
1 Boris Stankovich
2 George Chuter (c)
3 Julian White
4 Ed Slater
5 Geoff Parling
6 Steve Mafi
7 Ben Woods
8 Julian Salvi

Replacements
16 Tom Youngs
17 Michael Holford
18 Peter Bucknall
19 Graham Kitchener
20 Ben Pienaar
21 James Grindal
22 Scott Hamilton
23 George Ford
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Nearly right Tigerbeat!

Not as many returning as we would have hoped, but still, a stronger squad. Interesting that Harrison is ahead of Grindal, and Morris is ahead of Scotty.

Did the real Richard Cockerill select this team? Surely not!
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Leicester Team v Quins

Post by tigermad »

Leicester team just announced on homepage. Alex back in the mix and Harrison starting at 9.

Tuilagi back in Tigers line-up for Saturday
7 October 2011 12:00pmBy Gary SherrardLast season's top try-scorer Alesana Tuilagi returns to Leicester Tigers coloursAlesana Tuilagi returns from Rugby World Cup duty to make his first Leicester Tigers appearance of the season in Saturday's home game against Harlequins (4.45pm).

The Samoan international winger replaces Andy Forsyth in the Tigers backline, while Sam Harrison makes his first Aviva Premiership start of the season at scrum-half.
In the forwards, Julian White returns at tighthead prop after missing the last two games and Geoff Parling continues in the second row after making his comeback from injury last weekend.

Commenting on the return of his first World Cup players, Tigers director of rugby Richard Cockerill said: "It's great to see Alesana Tuilagi and Martin Castrogiovanni back at the club this week.

"Castro has returned with a slight hamstring injury but with Julian White back to fitness we want to give him time to recover fully. Alesana enjoyed probably his best-ever season with us last year so it is great to have him back and in the team.

"It is important for us to have those world-class players back in the squad and it is important for the supporters too.

"We've had a tough start and Quins have been going very well, but we'll battle on and we'll certainly be up for it on home soil at Welford Road."

Match tickets are available now from the Tigers ticket office. Phone the hotline on 0844 856 1880, call in at Welford Road (open until 5pnm Friday and from 9am Saturday) or book online and collect on the way to the game.

Leicester Tigers (v Harlequins, Welford Road, Saturday 4.45pm)
15 Niall Morris
14 Mathew Tait
13 Matt Smith
12 Billy Twelvetrees
11 Alesana Tuilagi
10 Jeremy Staunton
9 Sam Harrison
1 Boris Stankovich
2 George Chuter (c)
3 Julian White
4 Ed Slater
5 Geoff Parling
6 Steve Mafi
7 Ben Woods
8 Julian Salvi

Replacements
16 Tom Youngs
17 Michael Holford
18 Peter Bucknall
19 Graham Kitchener
20 Ben Pienaar
21 James Grindal
22 Scott Hamilton
23 George Ford
Philip J Gray
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Team v Quins

Post by tigermad »

I have a good feeling about this weekend and it may be an England and Leicester win double, with Manu getting a try in Auckland while Alex gets one at Welford Road. I can dream.
Philip J Gray
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

jgriffin wrote:I am puzzled as to the plethora of threads but yay this is a good team!
Duplicate threads removed, and remaining two threads merged into one (I hope). Please continue to discuss all things to do with Quins match on this thread.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother