Samoa Out

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Samoa Out

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Well done Samoa - gave the Boks a scare.

Anyone know what the logistical chance is of a helicopter from the ground in NZ to the nearest international airport, flight to UK and helicopter to Bath might be?

Alex could have a wipe down on the plane with a damp cloth and change into Tigers strip on the helicopter flight to the West Country.
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Re: Samoa Out

Post by TTRITH »

Lets hope he does come straight home, and not disappear into Samoa for a month...
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Aren't his delays normally to do with Visas and other related paper work? Hopefully he'll be back in time to menace Quins at Welford Rd. Don't want to lose another game at home.
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

Welcome home Alex! :smt001

Come on Ireland - haste back Castro too!
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

jgriffin wrote:Sad though, Samoa were beaten by the organisers more than anyone.
I agree. It is unfair for some teams to be playing mid-week games and not others. All teams should play the same format
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

FlyingTiger wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Sad though, Samoa were beaten by the organisers more than anyone.
I agree. It is unfair for some teams to be playing mid-week games and not others. All teams should play the same format

Agree completely.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

Incredible red card, the full back gets hit six or seven times then pushes the Boks face (I forget who the Bok was). I can only assume Nigel Owens is a tigers fan, good lad!

As a Welsh man, I've never been so torn watching a match. I was cheering Samoa on when they ran with the ball, then blew a sigh of relief when they knocked on!

I think the amount of knock-on's actually lost it for Samoa, they deserved a point at the bare minimum.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

For those who have called on this forum for fewer teams, and a shorter WC period, this game proved how much the second tier teams have come on. It is evident that competitions such as the WC, 3N and HC all play a part in helping to raise standards, along with more players signing for 1st tier country s' teams.

The only problem to be resolved is that of timetabling, both of international, and national competitions to avoid the present Premiership fiasco.
Valhalla I am coming!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Are we to assume that Alex will be coming straight back home and if so will there be a 3 week rest period in place?
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Re the red card: Owens didn`t see the incident, his TJ flagged and Owens asked what had happened. TJ said that `blue 15 hit white`, recommended red card. He apparently did not see in the same instant the Bok welting the Samoan full back about six times!
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

To be fair, Du Plessis(?) was trying to get the red-carded Samoan to release his vice-like grip on his shirt. Something that is often seen in games in the Premiership.

Also, I think the red card was a harsh decision as it was a push in the face (not exactly a punch) in retaliation of the rabbit-punches to his arm.

That said a red-card and a yellow was exactly the same, as Samoa are now out, and there was 10 minutes left on the clock.

Perhaps Owens thought in retrospect that the red card was harsh, and made amends soon after by yellow carding John Smit for a 'delierate' knock-on.

Shame for Samoa, but I too was hoping that the late Samoan pressure on the Boks' line wouldn't end in a try, and a possible win - we needed Alex T back big-time!